Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Unimog going cheap (two available)

sicarriesicarrie Member Posts: 5
edited October 2011 in Marketplace
Yep, I bit the bullet and bought three in Argos on the 3-for-2 deal (lucky to find somewhere that had three!)

Willing to pass on much of the saving, but as I took the gamble would like to make the biggest saving myself. Therefore, looking for £105, plus carriage if required (about £12). I'm located near Hitchin, Herts, though have an office near Dartford as well, so choice on collection and willing to meet somewhere in between!

If there isn't any takers, I'll probably clear more on eBay, especially if I wait till closer to Xmas.

Comments

• sicarriesicarrie Member Posts: 5
    Starting think this wasn't such a good idea.
  • Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
    I'd be very keen if I could avoid the carriage, however you are over 3 hours away and I rarely get down that way. Although annoyingly I was in that neck of the woods last week!

If it looks like I am going to be there again soon I'll drop you a line.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Hang on to them, when the set is retired, it should go up considering it is the largest part count Technic ever made...
    I'd considered that, but would rather turn my money around quickly. Also, I'd feel guilty about profiteering.
  • veritas313veritas313 Member Posts: 80
    Fair point on getting your money back quicker - but no need to feel bad about profiteering. This set is new, widely available and with no end date announced or speculated about, anyone that wants one can get one at retail price or on offer. I've bought 3 myself this time round from Argos as it was a good deal - and I've bought other multiples - possibly with a view to selling in the future - but maybe I'll keep them for myself. I've yet to sell a single Lego brick so who knows? If you bought a share in a company because you had a hunch but then later sold at a profit, you've done nothing wrong.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    There is no harm in making a profit...

Profit is not a dirty word, it makes the world go around. Lego isn't doing all this for nothing you know, they are a for-profit company. :)
    One still left!

veritas313/LegoFanTexas - fair comments. Perhaps it's because I grumble about the prices for the Ferrari 599 and Eiffel Tower that I had amble opportunity to buy, but didn't and have regretted it ever since!