[US] BaM Bar Contents

124»

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    edited April 7
    ^ I saw the hippie and Unikitty prints at our BAM bar yesterday and bought them although I'm not a BAM bar fan. I was there Friday to get an Easter chick pod and bought the large blue flowers and new leaves but we didn't get the pink flowers or 1x blue flowers at our PAB wall. Either that or someone had bought them all by the time I was there late Friday. By Saturday noon the large flowers and new leaves were gone. 

@madforLEGO ;  Is it common to have new minifigure prints (the hippie on dark blueish grey) in the BAM bar only? Also, the backpack? 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    BaM bins seem to be getting more parts now that are only found in the bins and in no other sets (even CMF), like the blue afro pieces, The spider lady CMF (but pink highlights instead of red), the light tan acoustic guitar (instead of dark tan), or the dark blue wizard pieces (instead of the CMF lighter blue) in there now. Not new parts necessarily, but new colors to them. Backpack I thought was in the Ninjago CMF (it is) but was not green. (I may have to get a few more of those). Plus they also have the lady fisher(wo)mans torso from the fishing store. And alos dual molded legs pieces from varying sets, like the bear underwear ones from the one City forest set

All in all BaM is now one of the main reasons I go to the LEGO store, that and PaB.
    BumblepantsIan_SOnebricktoomanyFizyxgmonkey76
    I think it is getting close to that time again for a new batch of parts to start appearing in the bins.. Anyone seen anything new recently?

• red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    Baguettes, though if they are mentioned earlier in this thread I apologize!
    edited June 23
    Went over to the Schaumburg IL LEGO store and they have had dark tan Baguettes last time (and this time), they apparently had light tan baguettes in the PaB as there was a small cup near the wall.
    They also had Mermaid tails and torsos, long orange hair, lobsters, jorts (jean shorts on legs), the medieval knight torso and legs, a baseball jersey torso that says 'Champs' on it -with glove hand (did not see that on BL's inventory, so not sure if that is a special torso or not for BaM), shield with medieval crest on it, black boombox (they have the grey one as well), grey cat again (I think) bunny still (if you can find them), the Clown is just one I created, and shirt with Benny on it Sorry for the blurriness as it was as close as I could get with the camera

LittleLoripxchrisgmonkey76lego007
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    Was also able to find some new short legs in the bins. I believe the blue ones are from the birthday girl CMF, but I never saw the yellow and white ones before.
    madforLEGO
    Apparently those shields are also not in any set, as BL only has them in their catalog, but not associated with any set.
    If LEGO keeps putting 'exclusive' colors/designs in their BaM bins it is going to get a bit expensive for me every 3 months.
    gmonkey76andhe
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 873
    Seems like the white and yellow short legs are... someone wearing socks, but no pants or underwear...
    gmonkey76pxchrisPyrobug
    ^That's why I got them. I my not be right in the head.
    560HeliportPyrobugoldtodd33
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,750
    If LEGO keeps putting 'exclusive' colors/designs in their BaM bins it is going to get a bit expensive for me every 3 months.
    It's almost as if they deliberately want you to spend more money...

Does anyone have a better picture of the shield? (and the baseball jersey as well if you're at it).
    Fizyx
    @andhe best I could do with my phone
    madforLEGOandhe
    The baseball torso reminds me of Mr. Redlegs from the Cincinnati Reds.
    pharmjod
    Brilliant. That shield is especially nice, considering the lack of current castle theme. Someone at TLG obviously still has some love for it.
    madforLEGO
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803
    andhe said:
    Brilliant. That shield is especially nice, considering the lack of current castle theme. Someone at TLG obviously still has some love for it.
    I can attest that several folks at TLG have a passion for castle themes! In general, decisions about what themes to make each year are typically made according to testing and other types of market research, not simply due to the preferences of the designers working on them.
    If it were just a matter of LEGO employees indulging their own tastes, then @Nabii and some of his colleagues could've had a steampunk, WH40K, or Gundam theme on shelves YEARS ago!
    FizyxandheLyichir
    It is getting close to the next release of BaM parts in the bins.. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to get up to the store recently. Anyone see anything new yet?
  • tspiketspike Hood River, ORMember Posts: 5
    Some pickups from the bar today in Portland OR. Not sure what's new or was already there, but a few seem to be exclusive: the backpack, hammer with print, and right two legs. Still trying to ID the leftmost head. 

PyrobugmadforLEGOLittleLori77ncaachamps
    Thanks! Most appear to be 'older' ones. Im guessing mid September may actually be when they actually get new parts, or when some stores will start putting them into the bins
    Pyrobug
  • PyrobugPyrobug Louisville, KyMember Posts: 112
    edited September 3
    ^^The hammer came with #71018-10 Battle Dwarf from collectable minifigures series 17, the dark bluish gray legs with stripes were Ringo's from #21306 The Yellow Submarine, and the head came from 71000-14 Mr Good and Evil from collectable minifigures series 9. The dark blue / dark red legs and the backpack are exclusive to the BAM bar. I could've sworn that I had at least one of those backpacks (that didn't come from BAM) but apparently, I was mistaken.

tspikeandheKungFuKenny
    The hammer is LBG while the one from battle dwarf is pearl dark grey. Spot on with the pants and head, thanks! 
    Oh, your right! DERP!
    Happy to help.
    Those dual molded legs would be good for Captain America. Will keep my eyes open across the pond.
    It looks like no new BaM parts until October, from what the local LEGO store said
    It’s October! Anything interesting?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    I just saw some black and orange N-Pop girl hair, black cat shirt, and one or two other Halloween minifigs bits on Instagram. The poster didn't give much info but I assume it's new Lego Store parts.
    andhe
    Just at my local (Woodfield) they said they didn't have any new pieces in stock
    @Bumblepants link or pics? Tried an instagram search but the hashtags really are hit and miss.
    andhe said:
    @Bumblepants link or pics? Tried an instagram search but the hashtags really are hit and miss.
    I think it was promobricks account
  • CathyVTCathyVT VermontMember Posts: 87
    Aw, man, I wish I had a store near me. If anyone wants to broker a sale or trade, I'l love the orange pants, cat shirt, and grey cat (I saw somewhere else)....
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 616
    grey cat was from the last wave of BaM parts, at least at my store when I was there like 3 weeks ago, there was only like 2 left and it took me forever to find one
    andhe
     Was lucky to be at a store when their shipment came in. These were the parts I wanted that came right out of the bag. They had other ones but I think they were from sets or out before.
    andhemadforLEGOLittleLori
    Been wondering if we'd see that dog in black. Didn't guess it would be in the BAM. That Catwoman hair is pretty sweet too.
    madforLEGO
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,697
    Is there any way to find out which parts are exclusive, can you search bricklink for parts not in sets? Or has anyone made a list of all exclusive parts from BAM?
    Man, that is going to be a pricey BaM purchase tomorrow
    Thanks @gmonkey76 ! Though the Schaumburg store could not find all of the parts, they did find some. They did not have the black Fedora/hat. They did not have the sombreros or the legs. At least the store employee could not find those, but everything else they had in stock, but you will likely need to ask as they only brought enough for me.
    gmonkey76
    SMC said:
    Is there any way to find out which parts are exclusive, can you search bricklink for parts not in sets? Or has anyone made a list of all exclusive parts from BAM?
    That is a good question, I think it would be nice if Brickset or Bricklink can categorize these as BaM exclusive part/color so they can be searched out.
    SMC
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,697
    I wonder if Lego would give brickset a heads up of exclusive parts that are going to be added if asked. They might want it to be a surpise.

I am guessing as brickset dont do their own part list @Huw wouldn't want to add parts exclusive or not.  
    BrickByBrickFizyx
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    The store I was at today did not have any of the new parts.
    The store I was at today did not have any of the new parts.
    Yeah DFW didn't have them either. 
    I struck out at the Louisville store too.
    They may be showing up late. The store I went to just got them in on the 3rd.
    The Colorado Mills store didn't have them either. The employees hadn't even heard of them or seen them, surprise. I was told they were just getting their regular order and these weren't on the list. We'll have to wait and see. 
    Sorry, the Schaumburg store also did not have the new heads either
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 766
    No luck at Roosevelt Field either. This store is selling other Halloween themed figs as a 3 pack of BaM parts. Witch, vampire and one other. Not very memorable obviously.

They did have the halloween parts on the PaB wall though so I at least filled a cup with spiders, webs, green vine elements and dark blue cheese slopes with plate. 
    BrickByBrickLittleLori
    bmwlego said:
    No luck at Roosevelt Field either. This store is selling other Halloween themed figs as a 3 pack of BaM parts. Witch, vampire and one other. Not very memorable obviously.

They did have the halloween parts on the PaB wall though so I at least filled a cup with spiders, webs, green vine elements and dark blue cheese slopes with plate. 
    They had the same three fig pack in Schaumburg as well, which the clerk tried to direct me to, but I had to point out these parts are new and may have just come in stock, to which they found them.

I was chatting with a man with his daughter making figures and he was letting her build a few figures to buy, also let her buy another 3 figs when she noticed the new parts as well. I do not think that people realize how good 3 figures (or 15 parts) for 9.99 really is, especially with the exclusive colors being found in the bins now. 
    I also do not understand why people let their kids build a figure to kill time, or just let them do it, only to tell them it is time to go -not get the figure(s) they assembled- and then they predictably make a scene. While I get LEGO stores are interactive, and it is a toy, they really need to put up a sign that the BaM is not a play area to leave your children (nor is the PaB wall). If you let your kid(s) build a figure, then have them build three in a pack and buy it for them. Yeah it is 10 dollars, but for the 3 figures(with accessory), and the fact they do not take up loads of space (unless trying to displaying them all), is really not a bad deal IMO.
    560Heliportpanchox1LittleLori
    edited October 12
    LEGO store in Schaumburg IL (woodfield mall) now has the rest of the new BaM parts out (see @gmonkey76 's pics above)
    PyrobugBillyBricks84KungFuKennygmonkey76
    Lucky. My LEGO store got some new parts for the PAB wall yesterday but one of the managers told me that they won't be getting any new parts for the BAM this month. I'll keep checking up until Halloween though.