[US] BaM Bar Contents

Comments

• dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    Some one on instagram found a new York torso in bam bar
    FowlerBricks
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
    pansyp said:

Some odds and ends at the BAM bar today. Not really a huge value, except maybe the t-bone steak. I needed the pitchfork to complete a scarecrow CMF, and the laptops are just so cute. I should probably just dive in to bricklink.

Brown-faced chimp? I don't remember that ever coming out, only flesh-faced.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Monkeys. Great for Lunar New Year!

Too bad you can't buy a cupful!
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Paid a recent visit to my local Lego Store. Snapped a few pics of their BAM stand:

madforLEGODedgeckolego007pansypkiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    Apparently the stores are getting CMF series 1 clown horns and also the blank coffee cups as well in the selection. They also have the black afro hair pieces as well. They still have monkeys.  I think some may still have cats.
    77ncaachampslego007kiki180703
    They need chickens in time for Lunar New Year.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    Crap. I didn't realize the horns were series 1. I should have gotten some on Sunday.
    Also forgot the CMF series 6 female surgeon minifigure head (the one with the surgical mask) was also in the bin this time.
    77ncaachampsBrickByBrickClutchPowerkiki180703
    lego007kiki180703ClutchPowermadforLEGOpansypSethro3MooreFXFowlerBricks
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Times like these are when I wish I had a store near me. I'd love to get more BaM. There are some good pieces in there for my tastes.
    It has gotten to the point where BaM is one of the reasons why I go to the LEGO store now, especially as the Tax rate is higher in that county vs where I live. However [email protected] does not have BaM or PaB walls.
    edited April 2017
    BaM bar in Schaumburg LEGO store has Cobras from the CMF Snake Charmer. Brown Afros, and the Cats from the CMF movie series with Ms Scratchen-post again. They still have Coffee Cups, and clown horns still; but apparently got in the lipstick accessory and the blonde pigtails from the CMF babysitter already. The also have the torso and Wedge 'dress' piece from the tarot reader if I recall correctly.
    Apparently you can also get an entire Cleopatra (Egyptian Queen) in the bin, except for her accessory though.
    DedgeckoMooreFX
  • paulmisonpaulmison Member Posts: 35
    In the San Francisco Lego store I've managed to nab Caila Phoenix's dark azure ponytail (I see there's one in the photos above), a plain coffee cup, and the torso and legs for the female surfer and video game guy from Collectible Minfigures, as well as the Egyptian Queen.

When BAM was $10 and I'd just bought some in the London store for £5 I thought that maybe it wasn't worth it, but with sealed CMFs at $4 (and, around me, $4.50 or even $4.80 in other retailers), $10 for 3 starts to feel pretty reasonable.

paulmison said:

In the San Francisco Lego store I've managed to nab Caila Phoenix's dark azure ponytail (I see there's one in the photos above), a plain coffee cup, and the torso and legs for the female surfer and video game guy from Collectible Minfigures, as well as the Egyptian Queen.

When BAM was $10 and I'd just bought some in the London store for £5 I thought that maybe it wasn't worth it, but with sealed CMFs at $4 (and, around me, $4.50 or even $4.80 in other retailers), $10 for 3 starts to feel pretty reasonable.

Its more reasonable to me now that some hard to find CMF parts are popping up in the bins, parts that typically go for a lot of money before they appear in the BaM bins. Also helping is that LEGO stores (at least the one I frequent) will allow you to fill up 5 pieces into each bubble in the 3 pack. They do not have to be figures, so I can go get 15 brown Afro pieces if I choose. I do not abuse that ability, but it is nicer if I only want wine bottles, or afros, or cats, cobras, coffee cups etc.. and usually you can get them for cheaper than what they try to sell them for on BL.
    Dedgeckogmonkey76
  • pansyppansyp Pacific NorthwestMember Posts: 93
    Some good gets at the BAM bar today. Most of the Egyptian Queen, Fortune Teller torso, legs, 1 tarot card.  Lots of saxophones, horns, gold keys and cowgirl hair and lassos.
    madforLEGOlego007MooreFX
    @pansypI bet if you keep rooting around in the head bin you would find the queen head as well (at least at the LEGO store in schaumburg I found it)
    pansyp
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    Question: When you say these are in the BAM bins - do you mean the 3 minifigures for $10 table or the actual 'fill a cup' wall? Because the one by me only has the minifig items at the $10 for 3 table.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    edited May 2017
    @sonsofsceva They are talking about the "Build A Minifigure" (BAM) table, which is the three figs for $10 area. Some stores will let you replace fig parts with additional accessories.
    madforLEGOsonsofscevagmonkey76
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    ^Thanks!
    edited July 2017
    BaM in Schaumburg LEGO store now has the cats back in stock, bright yellow 'surfer' hair, flasks with green stuff, Teddy bear from sleepy boy in series 6 (they still have the emo teddy bear as well)and the old man comb over hair piece in their bins.
    They still have the parts for an entire Cleo/Egyptian Queen (minus snake still).
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 282
    BaM in Columbus, OH as of Monday the 3rd of July.

77ncaachampslego007pansypMooreFXFowlerBrickskiki180703
  • kayakmichkayakmich SE MichiganMember Posts: 9
    Does anyone know if Lego has stopped releasing new parts for the Minifigure  Bar. I have not seen any thing new at the stores or Legolands?
    kayakmich said:
    Does anyone know if Lego has stopped releasing new parts for the Minifigure  Bar. I have not seen any thing new at the stores or Legolands?
    They do it in waves I think, Im sure if you ask the employees they can tell you if they know when they expect to get new parts for the bar, but I do agree the new releases seemingly have slowed down (which is not exactly a bad thing for my wallet at this point with Christmas coming up)
    I just hope at some point they get the soda jerk (hot dog vendor) 'shake' cups in their stock.
  • kayakmichkayakmich SE MichiganMember Posts: 9
    Thanks for the reply.  Lego store employees informed me that the minifigure bar was current. Usually there would have been update on Oct 1 for the 3rd quarter.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    edited June 2018
    After a long stretch of nothing new that's interesting, I saw these at the Flatiron store BaM. Couldn't find the blue afro, orange hair, or turquoise hat in the database.
    pharmjodmadforLEGOBumblepantsFowlerBrickskiki180703
    GIR3691 said:
    After a long stretch of nothing new that's interesting, I saw these at the Flatiron store BaM. Couldn't find the blue afro, orange hair, or turquoise hat in the database.
    Interesting. Did you find multiples of those in the BaM bar?
  • JCoolJCool Member Posts: 46
    The blue afro hair just screams "blueberry patch" MOC to me :)

madforLEGO
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 618
    ^That turquoise hat is very interesting... They must be parts coming in future sets? It'd be weird if they were BaM exclusive parts...
    madforLEGO
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,569
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the turquoise hat is a recolor of the CMF S11 Scarecrow hat, right?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,827
    edited June 2018
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,569
    Sorry for the double post. 

I think the Orange hair is found from Lauren in the Fire Mech set #70615
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    Yeah, there were a handful of each.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the turquoise hat is a recolor of the CMF S11 Scarecrow hat, right?
    Yep. Same as the Scarecrow hat except turquoise and printed.

Sorry for the double post. 

I think the Orange hair is found from Lauren in the Fire Mech set #70615
    That's it!
    madforLEGO
    GIR3691 said:

Saw these at the local LEGO store as well, apparently all are getting these parts and should be putting them out shortly. Also had the surfboard with shark on it and the Statue of liberty figure headdress.
    edited July 2018
    Here is the pic of some of the pieces found the LEGO store (Hat is like the ones in the above pic, but it appears more blue in my pic, sorry)
    gmonkey76
    Here is the pic of some of the pieces found the LEGO store (Hat is like the ones in the above pic, but it appears more blue in my pic, sorry)
    The new blue and black/white and gold dress is the blue/green hat!
    SprinkleOtter
    Some other parts were at the Bam bar today (missed these last time):  Clown legs, the wedge dress part (from Silent mary, or the award winner, I forget), 'off-white' cream pie (I believe from Krusty the Clown CMF figure) and some other parts, all appear to be 'regular' parts to be found in the BaM bar
    edited September 2018
    New parts at Build a figure as the next quarter is coming. (plus they had some special Halloween theme parts appear)

They had the following at the store
    chef Toque with female hair out of it
    Green Squishee shake cup
    Ninjago CMF Bowl
    Purple witch's torso and head
    Lady vampire dress wedge torso and head.
    Red Electric guitar

FowlerBricks
    is it still YMMV when it comes to subbing accessories for body parts (read: complete figure) at Lego stores? Or is it now a universal policy that it is / is not allowed?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    At my local they told me long ago that all it has to be is 15 parts and they don't care. This was my last haul.
    77ncaachampsIan_SmadforLEGOpharmjodkiki180703FowlerBricks
    gmonkey76 said:
    At my local they told me long ago that all it has to be is 15 parts and they don't care. This was my last haul.
    Thanks, G Monkey. Pumpkins were my aim of my post!
    gmonkey76kiki180703
    Yeah, my 'haul' consisted of squishee cups and bowls, along with the new guitars, pumpkin heads, a couple of the toques with hair piece, and the vamp queen parts with a grandma hair.
    Really though I used to think it was poor taste to buy parts and not the figures, but that has changes as many times I am just looking for accessories. Once in a while they get some nice torsos and legs as well, like the tears of a clown Batman poly legs, and Disco batman torsos a couple of runs ago (can still find them in the bins now) plus some great colors you can set aside of you are trying to complete monochrome figures. They also now have gold legs and the blue jean type legs there as well agsin, along with the peg legs
    gmonkey76
    Actually, just looked at the Lady vampire torso and wedge and they are pink/magenta, highlights with gray hands.
    The Lady vampire from the halloween themed CMF is actually red highlights on the wedge and torso with white hands.
    The hairpiece @gmonkey76 found does not appear to have any design on it. If that is the case these appear to be more special parts only for BaM
    gmonkey76BrickByBrickkiki180703
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    ^Yes hairpiece is all black. 
    madforLEGO
  • paulmisonpaulmison Member Posts: 35
    Here's a photo of four figs I made (but decided not to buy, which I'm slightly regretting) from the BAM bar in San Francisco, which includes the vampire figure, along with the pawprint pattern underpants from one of the mountain police sets (sadly I didn't see the matching hairy torso anywhere) and the star glasses print head.

77ncaachamps
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 873
    My store (Mall of America) told me you can't do 15 of one thing- they don't want someone to take all of a particular part- but you might be allowed to fudge it a little. (I wanted to get 15 cats.)
    77ncaachampsSumoLego
    ^^Where does that 2nd face from the left come from? That isn't another exclusive part is it?
    edited September 2018
    ^^Where does that 2nd face from the left come from? That isn't another exclusive part is it?
    https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=col294#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

CMF Connoisseur^
    BrickByBrickmadforLEGOkayakmich
    Ah, thank you
    77ncaachamps
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,919
    560Heliport said:
    (I wanted to get 15 cats.) 
    They could just order another case of the part.  Someone takes their job too seriously!
    SprinkleOtter
    hmmm, when I go back, I may have to check to see if I can build the french guy, sans bulldog unfortunately.