Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Is duplo not popular in the US?

MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
edited October 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
Just curious really, I didn't know this list existed until it was pointed out on another thread. It seems that most of the UK only sets are duplo - is this because it doesn't sell well or something?

http://www.brickset.com/list/?UKnotUS

Also, it generally makes for interesting reading, I presume it's limited to just [email protected] and amazon actually stocks the sets?

Comments

• RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    My son and I enjoy his duplo and have far too much!

I think what you are seeing in this list are sets that were sold in the US but have been retired. I purchased several sets from this list, both LEGO and DUPLO, when they were on clearance.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Ah, just a quirk then.

Interesting that the mummy attacks set is retired already. I think this a fantastic set, and is likely to quickly go up in price after retirement (well I hope anyway! ;-))
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    FYI I encountered that list here: http://www.brickset.com/list/ .
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    All those sets are/were available in the United States. The list is automatd based on Lego.com stocks in the respective countries. So if a set sells out in the U.S. first, it appears on that list.