Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Bricks 4 Kidz

DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
Has anyone run or participated in one of these camps?  I'm curious if they are worth it for those that are not already avid Lego collectors.

Comments

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    If you already have a house full of Lego, your kids probably will be underwhelmed. The one we sent our son to didn't "do" anything the entire week, nothing planned, no special builds or teaching techniques or anything, so honestly it was just like daycare with Lego. I do think the franchise is a great idea overall--offering a library of sets and a chance for social freebuilding--but if we're paying for a week long "camp" they should put some thought into offering something special, more Master Builder Academy-ish. 
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,372
    I wonder if it varies by area. The closest one to us has only listed half day camps and they're quite specific- LEGO robotics 101, Making movies with Mixels, etc. I'm assuming it greatly depends on the staff for what they can offer.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    edited March 2015
    If you already have a house full of Lego, your kids probably will be underwhelmed. The one we sent our son to didn't "do" anything the entire week, nothing planned, no special builds or teaching techniques or anything, so honestly it was just like daycare with Lego. I do think the franchise is a great idea overall--offering a library of sets and a chance for social freebuilding--but if we're paying for a week long "camp" they should put some thought into offering something special, more Master Builder Academy-ish. 
    Thank you for the feedback.  This is not for me, but for a family friend who's kids wanted to do the Lego Mincraft summer camp event.  Sounds like it's not recommended per se.  You could buy almost all of the latest Mincraft sets for the price that I saw on their site ($170-$200).