Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Best way to ship minifigs

dremel99dremel99 Member Posts: 123
edited October 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
I have quite a few Star Wars minifigs that I was thinking of selling on Ebay. What is the best way to ship them? Do I ship them unassembled in a padded envelope? I want to make sure they aren't damaged but am unsure of how to correctly do it.
Thanks, Darwin

Comments

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,135
    make sure each minifig is in a small bag.... in case there is a little hole in the envelope.
  • dremel99dremel99 Member Posts: 123
    OK, yes I will also put them in a small bag, should they always be dissasembled also?
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I don't think them being disassembled matters, unless they are new and you are selling them as such, then the buyer assumes they are taken straight from the box set and never assembled. If they are sold as used then it shouldn't matter, I assume its a LITTLE safer to send them assembled. That way there's less chance of them laying on top of each other and getting crushed by other mail...
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,082
    ... also... if there is a cap or pony tail that protrudes from the front or back... turn the head sideways before shipping... it helps prevent perforations of a mailer.

I just packages some minifigs for shipping, and it had what I've seen so far to be the most difficult minifig to ship assembled... Doc Ock, the Spiderman villan... with his 4 long arms. That one I shipped with the arms detached.
  • AaronAaron Member Posts: 13
    Ive brought quite a few minifigs over the past few months and found the best way to pack them is to have them assembled unless new out of a packet. They should be put individually into a zip lock bag, with any hair or hats that protrude from the minifig taken off. Accessories can be put in the same bag or separately depending on their size and the size of the bag. Then place the minifigs into a padded bag. Ive never had a problem yet.
    I thankyou you all for your advice, I fell better now, didn't want anyone to get a damaged item. Thanks, Darwin
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    Darwin, I have sold hundreds of new minifigs on Bricklink, and I have found the best and safest way to ship minifigs is inside a little box in a bubble mailer. I have gotten a bunch of those cute little jewelry boxes from a department store, and they are perfect for minifigs. (Film-canisters also work really well and you can likely get them for free.) If you don't have any little boxes, I still recommend to wrap the minifig baggies inside a layer of bubble-wrap before putting them in the bubble-envelope. It gives an extra layer of protection. If the minifigs have delicate headgear (one that could break easily (like chin-guards, chin-straps, etc), you can tape the delicate part inside a bottle cap. It gives excellent protection! ...(c:
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,082
    ^ Ah... akunthita... I see you found my Flickr site (istokg).... besides LEGO I love old American Movie Palaces! Detroit has one of the largest and finest collections, including the best of the best... the legendary Detroit Fox...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/decojim/sets/72157613321779727/with/2749886221/

Akunthita... those small jewelry boxes... in a ghoulish way... sort of like little Minifig coffins...
    Oh good idea, putting them in film canisters, I have some right here, Thanks for all the great ideas!! Darwin
    Akunthita... those small jewelry boxes... in a ghoulish way... sort of like little Minifig coffins...
    LOL, Gary, yes, the higher-end jewelry boxes do look like coffins! But what I meant was not the fancy velvety jewelry boxes, but the cheap kind you get at places like Walmart, Sears, etc. It is a little, white, very sturdy cardboard box with a lid....(c;
    ^ Ah... akunthita... I see you found my Flickr site (istokg).... besides LEGO I love old American Movie Palaces! Detroit has one of the largest and finest collections, including the best of the best... the legendary Detroit Fox...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/decojim/sets/72157613321779727/with/2749886221/
    Gary, actually I have been following you on flickr for quite a while. I read your amazing story about finding the old tickets and all. My dad is an architect and I inherited a great fondness for old buildlings. He used to sneak us in to places like that to have a look and all. Sad and exciting at the same time...

• JezzatheshedJezzatheshed Member Posts: 153
    Heres a tip for everybody for strong cheap packaging for small items..
    Video cassette cases, nice and sturdy with a slip cover in which you can add notes or return address and they fit nicely inside a large envelope to boot!
    No more jiffy bags and they can often be got for pennies from charity shops since DVD killed video!(or free from freinds and relatives).
    Ive been sending jewlery, lego and all manner of small items in them for a couple of years..no complaints yet!
  • kbenjeskbenjes Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2012
    I'm selling a few minifigs to a friend, what would be the best way to ship them? US-US shipment. What advice do you guys have?
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 193
    Get a padded envelope or you can wrap it in bubble-wrap and ship it in a normal envelope. You can ship them for under $1.50 via USPS.
  • kbenjeskbenjes Member Posts: 69
    Ahh thank you!
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Personally, I like the little indestructo mailers. You have to pick them up in bundles, but they come out to about twenty cents apiece. It's probably not likely the minifigs will be damaged in an envelope, but the indestructo mailers just seem safer to me, and they ship just as inexpensively.
  • 7gator77gator7 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I have been collecting tons of Star Wars sets over the last couple of years and have decided to sell them all. I am about to list them for sale but was wondering how I am supposed to ship them after they have sold? I am going to start by selling my minifigures but I have no idea how to ship them and much I should charge for shipping?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited April 2013
    How much shipping costs depends on several factors, including size, weight, and what country you're in (more info might be helpful). As for packaging minifigs, you might get some good ideas from: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1927/best-way-to-ship-minifigs