Checking poly bags in a set

AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
Hi guys, I was just wondering if there is a way I can check the number of poly bags in a box and compare it to something online? I mean rather than comparing individual parts, I would like to just check what sealed bags are included to make sure it is complete before selling it.

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    edited March 2015
    Check this thread and see if it's there, otherwise you will have to ask if anyone else has the set you are trying to confirm. http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3821/discussion-how-many-bags
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    It's also worth checking the reviews tab in the Brickset database for reviews at Eurobricks. Those often have a photo of the bags or list the number of bags.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Probably depends on the set, but some of the newer sets show how many bags are included based on the section of the instruction manual.

I'd think if you are trying to make sure something is complete before selling it, wouldn't you need to find the inventory list and actually separate the pieces to know they are all accounted for? Or is it a situation where you have 3 bag number 1, but there might be 4 bags included?
  • AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
    Its to resell something I bought off an auction. I grabbed a bargain and basically it was an "untested return" if you can even call it that lol. The box is opened but the polybags are all sealed. I just wanted to check if I can check all parts that are required to build the set are in it. It is the lego city 60047. I am pretty sure they are complete though.
  • AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
    Can anyone suggest or does this particular "checking facility" not exist lol
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    I do think that Brickset needs to have the # of bags as part of their basic info for each set, if applicable.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ That was actually discussed in the how-many-bags thread.  Check for posts around March '13 :).