Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Super Jumpers

Hi guys my first thread so please bear with me :)

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the super jumpers and it just hurt me a little seeing all these people having trouble with them. Personally, I discovered a method that-at least for me-causes no damage (that is so far, though I am sure it will continue to work without damage) to the minifigure and is quite simple to perform.

From what I know, most people place the minifigure directly onto the super jumper; that is, the minifigure is place onto the jumper vertically coming from above (sorry trying my best to describe what I mean here). Another way I could put this is they place the "toes" and heel of the minifigure onto the jumper at the same time, which of course sounds completely reasonable to do. Yet, this seems to cause a great deal of trouble and is difficult to both place the minifigure in the jumper and to take it out.

I found a different approach that has worked well for me. Rather than placing the minifigure directly onto the super jumper as described above, I place the "toes" of the minifigure onto the respective position on the super jumper, and then the heels. Pulling the minifigure out is the reverse: pulling the heels of the minifigure off of the jumper first, then the toes. I'm not sure why this works for me, but it does, and I hope it does for you too :)

p.s. Hope I got the category correct.
ChrisbstmAndorLegoKipMrJ_NY

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    That's interesting. Thanks for sharing. I will try this out. Frankly, I stopped using the jumpers because they are just not worth it. They cause too much damage to minifigs.
    rollabar
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 762
    I'm loathe to put my minifigures onto the superjumpers after all the tales of broken legs and whatnot. We have a few superjumpers now and have tryed out two methods to use them.

1. We place two clear round 1X1 studs on to the superjumper, where the feet would normally go, and then put the minifigure onto them.
    2. Put a pair of random legs, (from a cheap poly, for instance) and keep them on all the time, just changing the torso and above of the superhero each time.

To be honest neither of these methods are perfect but it does mean we can use them stress free (to us, and the minifigures).

As an AFOL, I would be tempted to just chuck the superjumpers out but the kids do seem to love em.

rollabar
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,005
    I've been meaning to post something about this as well. I found exactly the same method of getting the minifigure on there without any problems. Equally, when removing the minifigure, I take it off in the reverse situation (pull the minifigure at an angle towards the toes) and the minifigures come of very easily. 
    rollabar
  • OmastarOmastar Member Posts: 8
    I think that LEGO may redesign the Super Jumpers after all of these complaints or remove them entirely, like the 2006 disc shooters.