Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2015 Pirates Chess board for Middle-earth Chess play

I received my 2015 pirates chess set two days ago.
Elegant chessboard and you can store pieces inside of it.

I plan to use its chessboard and my middle-earth minifigures to play middle-earth chess.
Good guys

Bad guys

I can play chess as they did in Harry potter

Thanks for watching
BuriedinBricksweevinAndorLegoKipsnowhitie

Comments

• blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    man how great would it be if they did a real LOTR chess set...
    BuriedinBricks
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,364
    Sadly, I have doubts a licensed chess set would fly. Otherwise, probably would have had a Star Wars set by now.
    BACbrix
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    So are the figures the same quality in the chess set as in any other pirates set? If so I can see an army forming.......
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,216
    I wouldn't think so. The last Castle Chess set contained minifigures that were all made in China.
  • xuquentinxuquentin Member Posts: 2
    BACbrix said:
    So are the figures the same quality in the chess set as in any other pirates set? If so I can see an army forming.......
    I think the quality is the same although I am not sure where they were made.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Someone should do a comparison. I don't think the blue has had as big of an issue as the red torsos did with the pink coloration.

With that said, it'd be silly to army build based on the chess set since the bluecoats don't have epaulets or shakos. And for some reason the admiral has a shako instead of a bicorn.
    binaryeye
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,381
    Don't have any of the new pirates set yet, but I just put the chess set together. Will check when I get home to be sure, but the only problem with the solider figs is no hats or epaulets. I believe there is only four different heads(two for each side) for the pawns, and the pirates only have 2 or 3 different torsos so there may be a problem there. The parts to make the chessboard make it a nice parts pack to make a pirate or a beach scene.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,818
    edited March 2015
    I think mini/micro versions of the two towers would be perhaps better rooks than the trolls if you wanted to attempt it. It looks great though!