Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

4002014 Review

hyunsupark9999hyunsupark9999 .Member Posts: 11
edited March 2015 in Everything else LEGO
4002014 Review

Toc13catwranglerkiki180703bobabricksAllBrick

Comments

• Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,382
    So, what is this exactly? Looks pretty cool.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    WOW! Great photo of the new Birds set given to employees (I think for the 2015 Christmas season.) This looks like a very nice build. Great to see another set with birds as they make such fantastic builds. Maybe someone can link us to the LEGO instructions for this set. 

• MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853

@legogal and @hyunsupark9999

This is a set I'd love to have the instructions for - do you have them or know anyone who does?

@MorkMan   Sorry, but I have neither the instructions NOR the set! Still trying to buy it, though! Will holler if I see them floating around. (None of the LEGO employees I know will part with this one, not for the lack of effort on my part for sure!) If anyone wants to sell a used one or even a BL model of it, count me in. 
    piratemania7
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    I've seen instructions online for this. They're around.
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 478
    edited June 2016

Bricklink has a complete inventory. As for the instructions, the best method is using the video referenced in this thread. Bricklinking the models is not difficult--I did it for less than $90, as I recall--but of course part of the charm of the set is the material that came with it. I'm not surprised it's so seldom available--out of all the employees' specials or Inside Tour sets, this is by far my favorite.

• MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853
    I'm going to use that video when I get time to LDD it. Thanks for the help everyone. 
    So sad that they don't release the employee holiday sets a year later to keep prices down a bit for the rest of us. I can see never releasing the LIT sets, but would love to own the 2014 holiday birds. 
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Based on the video that @sklamb linked to indirectly, I have built the set on Mecabricks:
    http://mecabricks.com/en/models/nKZvmg3G2G6
    In Mecabricks, you can click the option to open in the Editor and explore the set that way. I tried to be good about grouping logical pieces together.

If you just want to view it, it is also available on the official set page for #4002014.

DeMontes
    @ricecake Nice build!
    ricecake
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Thanks!