Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target Deals

Comments

• karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 490
    Target online had one of the Disney Princess sets at a 50% mark-up for several months after initial release, rrp 39.99 Target price 59.99.  They were also showing the Christmas Wreath marked up to 54.99 last week but finally reduced it back to 34.99.
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 103
    I had passed on it thinking I could do an MOC.  Even got lots of good stuff from brick link orders and such.  With adjusting to medications and treatments my abilities are limited so I decided to just buy it but was a couple of weeks too late.  Just got it from eBay for $150 about a week ago before seeing it would be at target let alone back at original price Saturday.  My timing on this set has been off from the start🙃
    Modeltrainman
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 123
    Gotta raise those prices so that when you change them back to RRP you can say they're on sale.
    madforLEGO
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 218
    Gotta raise those prices so that when you change them back to RRP you can say they're on sale.
    Toys'R'Us USA behaved that way, and now they're extinct.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76KingAlanIMarshallmario
    I think I heard ToysRUs is doing ok where it is still and is looking to reopen a little in US in next year or so.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,285
    There were high RRPs at Amazon as well. Not sure who caused it, but maybe a large mistake somewhere in the system?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,838
    Given current shortages, maybe Target decided to test pricing above RRP on some sets and Amazon just automatically matched it. Or vice versa.
    560HeliportKingAlanI
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,202
    Lo1sJess said:
    I think I heard ToysRUs is doing ok where it is still and is looking to reopen a little in US in next year or so.

Supposedly they already are open as pop-ups in Macy's stores.
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 253
    edited December 2021
    Just finished perusing the Target x Lego area. Some cute stuff but the most of the clothing seemed meh. Got the white and pink spaceman plushies and cookie cutters. They’re probably gonna go fast so get there ASAP if you want in.

The wreath was 67.99 and there were tons of Santa and Christmas tree polybags.
    KungFuKenny
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 842
    I saw that Gingerbread House online for both those prices. Online said one is available for pick-up today at one of my local Targets. That made me assume it would be in stock on the shelves? But no, nothing seen anywhere with the other LEGO at least. I wanted to see if the price in store was similar to online since it is way above MSRP. I never picked it up. I made peace with not owning it. But the mad rush for retirement made me second guess myself. But no way would I pay 1.5x for it.
    560Heliport
    Christmas themed Lego sets were included in the Target x Lego area at the Target I was at. Gingerbread House was there but didn’t see the price. 
    I will have to go look today (again) I guess. I didn't see any specific Target x LEGO area, but I think it just premiered today (right?), so not surprising I didn't see an area last night.
    SeijiAmasawa
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 321
    Both currently in stock online through the app at regular price.
    SeijiAmasawaSethro3gmonkey76madforLEGOMarshallmario
    @Sethro3 It dropped today. The one I went to had that area by one of the front doors by the Christmas section.

I was actually there for the 10% off the Target gift cards and stumbled on the Lego display. (10% off is a Target Circle offer up to $500 worth of gift cards). Good luck! 
    Sethro3Onebricktoomanygmonkey76KungFuKenny
    I was able to snag one after all thanks to the new set up. I’m guessing they had them in the back on hold for the new set up and had them marked up online so if someone was willing to pay extra they’d sell them one (although you’d be able to price match and get the difference reimbursed after the fact).

SeijiAmasawaOnebricktoomany
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 123
    Went to Target today to pick up diapers for the kid. The Lego aisles were quite bare and heavily picked over.  There were a few people slowly pushing carts through and when one turned into the aisle she said, "Wow! There's not much left!"

Glad I got my Lego shopping done in October!
    autolycusYellowcastleSeijiAmasawa
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,708
    I was at two different Targets Sunday/Monday and in both, the LEGO aisles were pretty decimated.
    autolycusPDelahantySeijiAmasawa
    For those in Northern Virginia, the target at Potomac Yard is better stocked than the one near Beacon Hill/Hybla Valley.  The collection X section has most of the collection and anyone that hasn’t gotten the elf clubhouse but wants one should go soon - I saw 6 total.  In the regular lego aisles there is maybe a bit more than half full - looks like more but many items are taking multiple shelf spaces.  For example Hogsmeade has 4 shelf spaces.  
    OldTownBricksdspigel
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 76
    Lo1sJess said:
    For those in Northern Virginia, the target at Potomac Yard is better stocked than the one near Beacon Hill/Hybla Valley.  The collection X section has most of the collection and anyone that hasn’t gotten the elf clubhouse but wants one should go soon - I saw 6 total.  In the regular lego aisles there is maybe a bit more than half full - looks like more but many items are taking multiple shelf spaces.  For example Hogsmeade has 4 shelf spaces.  
    Have you seen any of the pet LEGO x Target stuff anywhere local?
    yes plenty - again more selection and amount at Potomac Yard (I was there around 11am today) but there was some at the Hybla Valley yesterday.
    OldTownBricks
    Has anyone from the twin cities area seen one of these “collection x” sections?
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,790
    No- but I've forgotten to look! 
  • dspigeldspigel Newport NewsMember Posts: 454
    Lo1sJess said:
    I'll swing by there this weekend. I hope some of it sticks around.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,202
    I went to two different stores over the weekend and neither one had the pet stuff. Maybe it's in the pet specific section of the store? I don't have pets, so I'm not looking for any of it.
    At least here the collection is all together and found in front section of store after the dollar/specials items rows, before women’s section.
    Astrobricks
    Every Target around here is set up a little different.  I checked two yesterday for the Lego collection X stuff. One store it was two seasonal towers holding the lego sets, keychains, polybags in the main Aisle near the Dollar section and then behind those towers there was a small area that had some of the Clothing and other items.  In the second store I looked in they had a small section with one of those towers with the sets and then some shelving & racks with some of the other items.  It's a much smaller & older store than the first one.  I haven't checked my local store yet but according to the Store Map it's right up front just past the Customer Service counter.  But everything I checked for online was showing out of stock there.

Astrobricks
    Both of the Target stores I went to had the setup in the front of the store. The selection of items at each was a bit different, but there were some of the pet items at both.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 444
    Midway has one in the back in the aisle by electronics with Lego brick items (the wreath, polybags), and the other merch in the clothing section near it. No plushy spacemen though. :( 
    560HeliportAstrobricks
    Lo1sJess said:
    yes plenty - again more selection and amount at Potomac Yard (I was there around 11am today) but there was some at the Hybla Valley yesterday.
    Picked up a bed from PY for my dog yesterday, thanks!!
    The beds looked good but were too small for my two rescue mutts.  Hope yours enjoys it.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,195
    #30391 Rapunzel's Lantern Boat new polybag sighting

#31115 #76195 regular sets I hadn't seen before
    thenos said:
    Midway has one in the back in the aisle by electronics with Lego brick items (the wreath, polybags), and the other merch in the clothing section near it. No plushy spacemen though. :( 
    I found the section at the Edina store finally. It’s weird how I almost never go past the dollar section or even the north door. There were some sets including polybags on those rolling tall carts in a main aisle, right next to the textile items. No plush spacemen, but there was a tiny blue spaceman backpack thing. Only one pet bed left that I saw.
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 146
    Thanks for posting about Target X Lego!  Classic space plushies (in four colors), 500 piece puzzle, gift bag, t-shirt (reviews say it's boxy as if made for a minifigure), and even a tiny kids handbag.  I'm pretty excited to get these.
    How long do you think they'll be available for?  6 months?  12 months?  Surely if they bothered to make this line, they'll keep it available for a while.
    I’ve only seen the X section at one of the three Targets here. And it isn’t very big. One of each size clothing. And then some Christmas sets. When I went the other day to get the Gingerbread House, it was full. Now there are none left and only a few of the Elf Clubhouse left. There were large bins of the snowman ornaments but they are all gone now. Plenty of Nutcracker brickheadz though.

clothing looked interesting and Felt soft, but the only shirt I liked was black and I can’t wear black with the animals leaving their hair everywhere. So t’wasn’t meant to be
    KingAlanI
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 444
    FireFox31 said:
    Thanks for posting about Target X Lego!  Classic space plushies (in four colors), 500 piece puzzle, gift bag, t-shirt (reviews say it's boxy as if made for a minifigure), and even a tiny kids handbag.  I'm pretty excited to get these.
    How long do you think they'll be available for?  6 months?  12 months?  Surely if they bothered to make this line, they'll keep it available for a while.
    Probably much shorter than that. A month to two, tops. I also would be very much surprised if they restocked. 
    FireFox31 said:
    It’s a limited time thing.

In my store there was a sign specifically warning that the items would only be returnable for a short time after Christmas. From the above Target Lego collection X web page:

“Any LEGO Collection x Target purchases made before 12/25, will need to be returned by 1/8/2022. Any purchases on or after 12/26, will need to be returned within 14 days from their purchase date.”
    thenos
    FireFox31 said:
    Past collaborations (Vineyard Vines, Lily Pullitzer, etc.) have only lasted a few weeks. However, there's supposed to be another wave of merchandise coming out next week, so that should extend it some. 
    I hope they get in more of the plush figures.  None to be found anywhere around me.
    KungFuKenny
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 146
    Thanks for the info.  I'll have to stalk those Classic Space items.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,265
    FireFox31 said:
    I’m a bit frustrated to have struck out around here in finding the Classic Space plush figures— plenty of totes, sweaters, and t-shirts though…
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 811
    FireFox31 said:
    I’m a bit frustrated to have struck out around here in finding the Classic Space plush figures— plenty of totes, sweaters, and t-shirts though…
    I read that as toes. I was confused.
    560Heliport
    FireFox31 said:
    I was definitely hoping to find the Classic Space plushie too, especially in blue. But the first Target I went to had none in sight, and the second only had one in white. I decided to pass on it because ultimately it wasn't what I really wanted (maybe a mistake). I am hopeful that sure to the obvious demand, they will make more of them.
    Didn't see the X collection anywhere at the Target near me, wondering if I missed something or if it went really fast
    Next week's ad - another $10 GC with $50 deal
    Dots designer, duplo frozen and some Ninjago ship and technic car shown in ad as some of the included sets
    Yellowcastle
    Shelves are pretty bare except for a fair amount of Star Wars, Super Mario, Superheroes, Vidiyo, some of the $100ish sets, very few boxes of others
    The Superheroes is mainly Eternals, #76201 and #76200. The latter two are on my list and 20% off
    At my local Super Target the LEGO shelf has (I only grossly counted) 16 rows of 7 deep count of the Bro Thor set...

It's a fun set, but how do they have this many just hogging shelf space instead of having other sets? Did they just never put them out when released originally? I think I ordered mine from LEGO so I haven't seen it in the store until recently.
    KingAlanISeijiAmasawa
    I'd seen it in stock before
    SeijiAmasawa
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 581
    Bro Thor has been available online for a long time on the Target site but has only shown up en masse at my local stores in the past 2 weeks.  My assumption was it was all due to the supply chain issues and it was one of the unlucky items that got held up for way longer than anticipated.
    SeijiAmasawaKingAlanI
    Bro Thor has been available online for a long time on the Target site but has only shown up en masse at my local stores in the past 2 weeks.  My assumption was it was all due to the supply chain issues and it was one of the unlucky items that got held up for way longer than anticipated.
    I was glad to be able to pick it up at 20% discount today. Thanks everyone for reminding me.
    SeijiAmasawaKingAlanI
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 750
    That many Bro Thor sets remind me of the Targets doing that exact same thing years ago with the DC Universe Jokers Steam Roller and if memory is correct, the Marvel X-Men Guardians of the Galaxy #76020 Knowhere Space Mission.  There were 30+ at various stores and they sat for 2-3 months and then finally clearanced at 50% off.
    SeijiAmasawagmonkey76KingAlanI