Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target Deals

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    That's what the full page ad says.
    kiki180703
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    I know it does, thanks.
    kiki180703
  • OUWxGuesserOUWxGuesser Member Posts: 92
    Read that the 20% coupon excludes LEGO...
    kiki180703
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    Yes I just ordered and got a email that says they will be sending it 
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 289
    The coupon excludes lego
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    norm103 said:
    The coupon excludes lego
    Well of course.  Damn LEGO and all the pressure they keep putting on retailers to limit and curtail deals. 
    kiki180703
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    Or retailers realize they don't need to offer discounts on LEGO to sell it. I sell LEGO on the side, but I think you can blame LEGOs popularity for the exclusions.
    kiki180703Aanchir
    Just got an email from Target cancelling my $75 gift card order- they must have checked my purchase history and figured out I would not be needing the 20% off coupon if it excludes Lego. Thank you Target! Very perspicacious!
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    @bluedragon +1 for expanding my vocabulary today =)
    kiki180703
    ^Ha! I'm Portuguese so I should be an expert in words of Latin origin ;-)
    kiki180703
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    So sad to see that Lego is excluded.
    BuriedinBricks
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    pharmjod said:
    Or retailers realize they don't need to offer discounts on LEGO to sell it. I sell LEGO on the side, but I think you can blame LEGOs popularity for the exclusions.
    perhaps, but i'm pretty convinced TLG has been pressuring heir retailers to severely curtail discounts - especially across the board discounts using general purpose coupons. I've seen far too many changes for it to just be the coincidence of these retailers all independently changing policies in quick succession.

Again,It's possible.  But I'd bet they are getting some subtle help from LEGO behind the scenes
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,964
    Agreed. The discount shutdown seemed to have happened simultaneously .
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited November 2015
    dougts said:
    pharmjod said:
    perhaps, but i'm pretty convinced TLG has been pressuring heir retailers to severely curtail discounts - especially across the board discounts using general purpose coupons. I've seen far too many changes for it to just be the coincidence of these retailers all independently changing policies in quick succession.

Again,It's possible.  But I'd bet they are getting some subtle help from LEGO behind the scenes
    There's no question about it, nor is subtlety in play.  Lego contractually dictates this situation to the retailers.  Other brands have done this for years, such as Apple and Weber.  Basically, if you want to be a retailer of these brands, you need to follow the brand's rules.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 342
    If Target felt the need to "discount" Lego in order to generate sales (or even foot traffic in the stores), it could run promotions similar to what they do for Apple products. Not discount the product itself, but offer a gift card for X dollars spent. This will also guarantee the customers will be back in the store to use the gift card later plus some of their own money.
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 213
    Just saw this.....Free 30276 with any LEGO Star Wars purchase of $25 or more begininning on Cyber Monday. 
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    Just saw a Target ad saying 15% off sitewide on Cyber Monday. Promo code is CYBER15. 

"The sitewide offer marks the first time Target has discounted virtually everything on Target.com."

Key word is "virtually." I'm going to assume that means "excludes LEGO."
    BumblepantsSethro3BrickDancerkiki18070377ncaachampsRainstorm26
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    I hope Lego is excluded or it's going to piss me off for the fact that the only modular I need is Detective Office it's also the only modular they have priced above retail - $175.99 which would take a bite out of the discount
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    It's a good thing I missed some of these coupons. I have too much LEGO already.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Usually coupon discounts are supported by the manufacturers to some %.  Retailers receive rebates at the back end.  I'm guessing Lego doesn't support most coupon programs.    I believe the poly bag promo give-a-ways are mostly funded by lego, hence the "we cant sell them yet" stories you get.   I have one employee whose sole job is tile file rebate coupons with manufacturers each month.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    ryjay said:
    Usually coupon discounts are supported by the manufacturers to some %.  Retailers receive rebates at the back end.  I'm guessing Lego doesn't support most coupon programs.    I believe the poly bag promo give-a-ways are mostly funded by lego, hence the "we cant sell them yet" stories you get.   I have one employee whose sole job is tile file rebate coupons with manufacturers each month.
    I used to do that as a summer job and, back in the day of no online submissions, the number one pain for me was reading people's handwriting. Some were just SO BAD!

I wonder why many still have people file rebates non-electronically.
    I think it has to do more with "lost in the mail" and "we can't find your rebate" shenanigans.
    @77ncaachamps ....most are all done electronically today.  You should see Microsoft's commercial rebate dept...it's the size of a small town.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Has anyone tried to have toysrus price match targets Black Friday prices it shows 55 on website with no mention of Black Friday 
    I was told at TRU they were not price matching anything other than their own website this week.
    77ncaachamps
  • ZathrasZathras Member Posts: 70
    If you check the fine print on the TRS website they specifically exclude any price matching of competitors Black Friday ads and any sale prices that occur in that time frame.

You might get a helpful store manager that might overlook it but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Really wanting some details for that 15% off deal. Sounds like something I'll have to stay up late for Sunday night.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Sea Cow back in stock @ target for retail.  At-at is there too for $97
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    MrJ_NY said:
    I was told at TRU they were not price matching anything other than their own website this week.
    TRU employee stated the same to me.
    He tried to PM and an error message keeps popping up.

Probably in place til after Cyber Monday.

ryjay said:
    @77ncaachamps ....most are all done electronically today.  You should see Microsoft's commercial rebate dept...it's the size of a small town.
    If they're done electronically, why is it the size of a small town? Shouldn't it be the size of a high school? (Or are we talking the same population #? LOL)
    kiki180703
    Bike and cafe still in sale online for 61.99 not as good as Black Friday but still decent sale 
    DoubleD said:
    Bike and cafe still in sale online for 61.99 not as good as Black Friday but still decent sale 
    Did it go back to it's original price in stores.....I think it was like $88?
    I am not sure I know all of a sudden my store got stock or atleast that is what is says online I will look today when I go grocery shopping and post the price if they have any.
    Still had Bikeshop on the shelf here for $55 yesterday
    Ok, can't find anything specific right now, but the details (read: exclusions) should be published here at midnight tonight:

http://help.target.com/help/subcategoryarticle?childcat=Current+promotions&parentcat=Promotions+&+Coupons

Bike shop was back up to $89 at my Target.   Was on the fence for it a t $55, so I guess that set is not meant to be for me.
    Yeah mine was 89 also 
  • eastonlioneleastonlionel USAMember Posts: 14
    It's still $61.99 on the Target website.  If your local store has stock you can order and pay for it online and then pick it up at the service desk at your local store within an hour or so.  They'll hold it for a few days.  You don't actually get charged until you pick up what you order.
    edited November 2015
    So far promo code CYBER15 is not working nor do I see mention of it anywhere on their site
    Their website may be based on Pacific Time tho?

"Sale on Target.com
    Unless otherwise stated, sale prices are valid Sunday through Saturday of the current week. All sale prices end at 11:59 PM PT."

It will probably kick in at 3 am EST, and will almost certainly exclude Lego. There is a list of exclusions floating around but nobody has linked to it yet. Which is a shame, because I'd like to go to bed knowing.
    MrJ_NYkiki180703
    Lego is excluded
    kiki180703
    Doorbuster - Lego City Helicopter Transporter 60049 $31.49
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited November 2015
    Target.com is seriously messed up. 

Anyone get 15% off on Lego today yet?
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    The Cyber Monday 15% off excludes LEGO.

#60049 Helicopter Transporter is a "doorbuster" at $31.49 ($44.99 MSRP).

Clicking on any LEGO product, I get this message and it won't let me add to my cart:

"there's a line for this item.

So sorry for the delay, but you can save your place in line by staying on this page & trying again to add the item to your cart.

Thank you for your patience!"
    kiki180703
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,342
     Doorbusters on LEGO never really make me have the urge to bust down any doors to get to them.
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    @GIR3691 I am receiving same message "there's a line for this item." Target.com doesn't want to sell Lego today.

• ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Anything in particular you guys are buying? I didn't see too many great prices, if any at all.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,516
    samiam391 said:
     Doorbusters on LEGO never really make me have the urge to bust down any doors to get to them.
    What if it had TWO helicopters though?!?
    TheLoneTensor
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    Our store claiming you get the new tie fighter poly with $25 Star Wars purchase but they don't have any.   
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,964
    Saw someone today in front of me check out with Lego and they got a free Star Wars poly. 
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    At my Target the tie fighter polybag was not in the Lego aisle.  They had some in a special end cap for Star Wars items.  Then they had some in the aisle with Star Wars items.  Didn't see any sign that said that is where you should look for the free item.  I found it wandering around the toy section.