Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Manchester Fan of the Brick Show-Sat 1st August- 1 Day Show- UK- Displays Required Please

Hello to all, I am an organisor/promoter for The Fan of the Brick Events and we are a team of 3 AFOL's joined together to help raise as much as possible for charity by arranging Lego Charity Events- Fun Days etc.... The event and The Fan of the Brick Community can be found on Facebook. 
The 2015 charities are Alzeimers Society, The Royal Manchester Childrens Hospital, Barnabus and Birmingham Childrens Hospital.... 
If you can help or know anyone who might be able to display please email [email protected]
There is no charge to display and light refreshments will be provided free of charge... It will be an amazing day to be had by all and fully supported by Media Papers/Radio etc, the local Council and the Mayor. Join us and lets try and break records for charity

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,379
    Erm, you might want to say where the venue is, what times the venue is open, when it's open to the public, when the setup time is, whether there's a separate setup day the day before, and generally more details.

Although looking at the date, I'm off that week, so will probably be away.
    LostInTranslation
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    edited March 2015
    @Paperballpark Check out their website www.thefanofthebrick.co.uk and facebook page.
  • iainy73iainy73 Member Posts: 9
    No charge to display! Has there ever been a charge to display? Considering that people are paying to see the Lego, And if no one payed there would be no shown, expecting to charge seems a tad futile?

I would really consider proof reading the posts, people need to plan ahead if you don't say when and where and what times etc it's impossible to arrange to exhibit.

I also doubt you will "break records for charity", unless you have a plie of old vinyl you intend to destroy in some kind of sponsored record break.

It is very noble to raise money for charity, concentrate on that. Not every thing has to be the biggest and the best.

Just my opinion and not anyone else's. Unless they agree.
  • PaulTFOTBPaulTFOTB Member Posts: 34
    Thanks Iain feedback is always welcome
    PaulTFOTB said:
    Hello to all, I am an organisor/promoter for The Fan of the Brick Events and we are a team of 3 AFOL's joined together to help raise as much as possible for charity by arranging Lego Charity Events- Fun Days etc.... The event and The Fan of the Brick Community can be found on Facebook. 
    The 2015 charities are Alzeimers Society, The Royal Manchester Childrens Hospital, Barnabus and Birmingham Childrens Hospital.... 
    If you can help or know anyone who might be able to display please email [email protected]
    light refreshments will be provided free of charge... It will be an amazing day to be had by all and fully supported by Media Papers/Radio and the local Council 
    The Manchester Fan of the Brick Show, Stalybridge Civic Hall, Trinity Street, Stalybridge, SK15 2BN Event times- 10.30am-4.30pm - Doors open to Set up at 9.30am

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,379
    Erm, although I'm not going to this, I can't help noticing that you've only allocated an hour for setup time.

Now, I don't know what kind of displays you expect, but it takes me at least an hour and a half to set up my fairly basic (at the moment) train layout.

I know a lot of people regularly have to allow 4 or 5 hours to set up their displays, and when I did a collaborative display at Brick 2014, our display took two of us about 10 hours to set up. Ok, so that was massive display, for a four day show, but I hope you see my point: 1 hour is completely inadequate set up time for anything other than very small displays.

Still, good luck with it.
    Thanks very much, :)
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy