Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Minifigures series 3,4,7,8,9,11,12 (UK)

beasty23beasty23 Member Posts: 60
Hi.

Firstly apology if in wrong category but trying to determine the best way how to sell my minifigures. I got following.

series 3 - 30 sealed bags
series 4 - 60 sealed bags
series 7 - 35 sealed bags
series 8 - 30 sealed bags
series 9 - 10 sealed bags
series 11 - 17 sealed bags
series 12 - 70 sealed bags

Im based in UK. Figures in bags are not identified. Question are:
1. Should I try to identify them and try to put together complete series from 3,4,7,8,12
2. Should I try to identify them and sell separately each minifigure
3. Should I just sell them as mystery bags
4. Any other suggestions 

thank you for your help

Comments

• bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    I would definitely try to identify them using the feel the bag method without opening first. I would then recommend selling them as sets and then the others as individuals. 
    Pit really depends on where you are selling and how much effort you want to out in. Selling individually will probably net you more money in the long run if you are selling on eBay.
  • beasty23beasty23 Member Posts: 60
    Preferably would like to complete sale here to avoid eBay/PayPal fees.
    BACbrix
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,349
    Depends on your goal. If you're looking to get the most cash, identifying the characters and hoping you have the 3 or 4 popular/rare characters is your best root.

But, you'll be left with less salable common figures.

I had cartons of figures, and ended up completing sets, buying the missing figures and trading/selling the full sets. I had a few random figs and sold them 'below' market value to be done with them.

I never want to feel another bag again...

Until Series 14...

And if you'received interested in trading, I'd be interested in the 7, 8, and 9 P
    packs.
    Route. Stupid autocorrect on my phone.
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    I need like 6 of the 8s.   But would take them all 
    ^ There you go!
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    I am still missing 4 from S12, and so would be happy to buy them from you if you could identify bags.

Sounds like a real pain feeling all the bags but I think you would make more money in the long run.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    If I see random ones for sale on ebay, I normally assume they are the less popular ones. Especially if the seller has a history of selling lego. That is probably why random ones often go for less.

There is also no indication of where you bought them from, they could have been cherry picked before you got them.
    andheicey117
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,156
    A few of the sellers I've dealt with, slice the tops of the bags to visually inspect the contents, then reseal them. Still after selected characters from those series, are you planning to ship internationally?
    xiahna
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    That's what I would do, open, check and reseal. As long as youre honest I don't see a problem or much of a hit on value. Plus you'll save a ton of time.

Definitely dont sell as random because as @CCC says people will assume it to be dross, and will happily pay more knowing they'll get exactly what they want.

Finally, don't sell here to save eBay or PayPal fees. What you save on that you more than loose on selling to much more savy shoppers on a much smaller market.
    VorpalRyu
    Thank you for all your advice. Probably will go as cheshirecat  mentioned to open corner of the packet to identify and than seal it back as touch/feel method would take me ages
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,156
    @beasty23, visually inspecting is the better option over feeling them out, which can lead to claims of rip-off merchantism if you get it wrong... Visual checks won't damage the value too much, its not like unboxing a UCS set. :smile: If you had series 10, I would have said definitely do visual checks, wouldn't want Mr Gold to escape for less than his worth. *lol*
    xiahna

I had the same experience at my local Lego Store.  I bought 16 or so random packs assuming there would be a nice mix of Series 13s.  I got 9 Kings. 

And that is how I became an expert bag-toucher... bag-feeler... whatever it is, I can tell what figure is through the bag.

I still need the 8s.  How much? 
  • olib747olib747 UKMember Posts: 33
    I still need the 7s how much are you looking for ?
    Thanks for interest. I'm still in proces of identify them.
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    SumoLego said:

I had the same experience at my local Lego Store.  I bought 16 or so random packs assuming there would be a nice mix of Series 13s.  I got 9 Kings. 

And that is how I became an expert bag-toucher... bag-feeler... whatever it is, I can tell what figure is through the bag.

My local BK trades me Kings for Whopper meals. I would love to have 9 extras ;)
    How much is a Whopper meal?  

More importantly, I wonder if my local sushi place would take the female samurai...
  • DAVEmoonDAVEmoon Member Posts: 44
    Hi how much do you want for all series 3.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited March 2015
    Finally, don't sell here to save eBay or PayPal fees. What you save on that you more than loose on selling to much more savy shoppers on a much smaller market.
    I don't see the logic in that.  The smaller market and savvy buyers don't change the actual price the thing is going for overall.  If you're selling to someone on here, it'd be ok to split the difference and each side wins.  Say 12% ebay fees, selling something for 200 on ebay nets you 176.  Sell it for 188 here, you net 188 and he gets it for 12 cheaper than he would buying it on ebay.

It's likely a not-worth-the-effort wash with small ticket items though.
    VorpalRyu
    I'm still a buyer for all your 8s.  Hit me up with a price 
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,235
    I don't see the logic in that.  The smaller market and savvy buyers don't change the actual price the thing is going for overall.  If you're selling to someone on here, it'd be ok to split the difference and each side wins.  Say 12% ebay fees, selling something for 200 on ebay nets you 176.  Sell it for 188 here, you net 188 and he gets it for 12 cheaper than he would buying it on ebay.

It's likely a not-worth-the-effort wash with small ticket items though.
    Except for the fact that most buyers on here are very frugal and won't buy it if it is only discounted $12 off of eBay prices. It's definitely worth a shot to sell on here, but I wouldn't really expect them to sell for close to eBay prices.

Every time I sell on here I have to do a deep discount (compared to eBay) to get people to even consider purchasing my items. This price is even cheaper than what I make on eBay after fees. Why sell on here at all then? I enjoy selling to fellow brickset members and trading with people I know I can trust. Is that worth it to the OP? That will be their choice.
    SuperTrampDAVEmoon