Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Advice on Bricklinking/Buying a #10029 Lunar Lander

Hi everyone for a couple of months now I have been trying to get my hands on a #10029 Lunar Lander. It can be kinda pricey for a set with a slim amount of pieces so I was wondering if there was anyone who had advice on Bricklinking it. Also if anyone has another other advice on buying it I would be glad to hear 
knoose

Comments

• luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 870
    A quick look at bricklink suggests it depends on how "complete" a set you want.  If you have a bunch of spare old gray bricks and plates then you could probably pull together 50%+ of the parts relatively easily (it won't be too expensive to buy these either).

The bulk of the cost would appear to be in 2 light gray 6x6 octagonal canopies (unique to this set) and the mini figures - substituting these for other more generic space characters would certainly save a lot of cost (average sold prices of used parts ex mini figures is about $80) - but depends whether these are important to you or not.