Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

defective masonry bricks?

So I've had about 75 masonry bricks sitting in my Lego room waiting to become a MOC. They were stored in stacks of 5. I went to pull them out today and noticed that about 50 of them had significant cracks on both sides of them.

Do the grooves weaken the overall integrity of the brick? Should I not store them like that? I have bricks from 20 years ago that are still holding strong. Has Lego changed it's plastic recipe?

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    There has been significant issues with cracking LEGO elements. Light gray and tan are especially notorious for this, but I have also seen other colors. Usually it is 1x... elements. Meaning 1x2, 1x3, 1x4 bricks. It is not just the masonry bricks, but regular bricks as well. It is a fault in the plastic, not your storing method. I have had parts crack by assembling a brand new set only once that were directly shipped from LEGO.

Quality issues were recently discussed at the LEGO Ambassador Forum, and LEGO's direct response to it was to always contact LEGO's customer service and report the problem. You will get replacements, but even more importantly, they will make notes on the element and if several people report issues with the same part or color, quality control will look into it.  
  • frog4gatorsfrog4gators Member Posts: 21

I think Lego has been trying to skim back on the quality of the plastic and it's starting to back fire.

I emailed them. We'll see how it goes.

Sethro3
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I've had lots of broken parts. They say to report them to cs, but I must have asked too often because they quit working with me. They require me to fax receipts to them, that somehow never get to where they need to go. So I just quit asking for pieces. But I also quit buying as much lego.
  • frog4gatorsfrog4gators Member Posts: 21
    I contacted Lego and they are sending me replacements. They are sending me a envelope to mail all the defective pieces back.