Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Tusken Raider troop building set possibility?

paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
I'm really liking the tusken raider from the skyhopper 75081 set.  I was wondering if there was any info out there on whether or not a set with more than 1 Tusken Raider would be available in the future?  I'm tempted to pick 4 or so up from ebay, but would hate to pay a premium if a set could eventually be had a retail that contained multiples.
QuentinBrick

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    Highly doubtful seeing there was only one other set with Tusken Raiders and that was an Episode 2 set.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Lego probably won't. It would defeat the purpose of having Lego enthusiasts buy single figures from people who break apart boxed sets.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    I'm going to disagree with these fellows and say yes.  They went to a relatively lot of effort to make a new head mold.  

I think it depends on whether there are Tusken Raiders in The Force Awakens.  Given that at least part of it takes place on Tatooine they probably show up somewhere.  They may not be a wave one set but I could see them making it into a TFA wave 2 if they're featured as anything but background detail.
    Kevin_Hyatt
    They made a new mold for the Biths in the Mos Eisley Cantina set as well. Will we see a Bith Army Building Pack in the future?
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    I was thinking the same thing regarding the new mold for the head.  It just seems odd to have it used at such limited capacity (1 figure in 1 set).  I guess I'll probably hold off on ebay and see what happens.  I plan to get the sandcrawler at some point and that's why i'll need a handful of tusken raiders.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2015
    Pitfall69 said:
    They made a new mold for the Biths in the Mos Eisley Cantina set as well. Will we see a Bith Army Building Pack in the future?
    Not really comparable, as they had three in that set, so you already get a bit of an army of Bith if that's what you desire.  And the Cantina is one of those sets you pretty much need two of to make a decent full set, so if you buy two you have the entire Bith band.

There's no point to owning a single Tusken Raider, and I don't really believe TLG expects children to buy figures in the aftermarket, or buy multiples of a fairly obscure vehicle, to build up a number of them.  I don't expect an out and out army builder set btw, but I would not be surprised to see a set with at least two Tusken Raiders in 2016.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,390
    Just buy them on bricks and pieces. Heads are expensive, legs went out of stock. But cheaper than BL.
  • cheekymunk3ycheekymunk3y Manchester, UKMember Posts: 108
    Heads also out of stock, just checked about 30 seconds ago.  
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    I'm not sure why Lego didn't just include two Tusken Raiders with the Skyhopper. This slight has me hopping mad and I'm boycotting the set. Wasn't it Ben Kenobi who said that they travel in packs? Never alone.
    ^^ OK, they've been available since end of Jan so no doubt all snapped up.
  • cheekymunk3ycheekymunk3y Manchester, UKMember Posts: 108
    I didn't even know you could buy the Star Wars figure parts from Bricks and Pieces! I've been missing out!
    Normally you cannot. But the end of January additions had many full figures available from this year's sw sets.
    Pitfall69 said:
    Not really comparable, as they had three in that set, so you already get a bit of an army of Bith if that's what you desire.  And the Cantina is one of those sets you pretty much need two of to make a decent full set, so if you buy two you have the entire Bith band.

There's no point to owning a single Tusken Raider, and I don't really believe TLG expects children to buy figures in the aftermarket, or buy multiples of a fairly obscure vehicle, to build up a number of them.  I don't expect an out and out army builder set btw, but I would not be surprised to see a set with at least two Tusken Raiders in 2016.
    When the first pictures of Mos Eisley Cantina were released, I commented that I would have to at least buy 2 Cantinas and then buy 2 Biths later or buy 3 Cantinas because there were 7 Modal Nodes pictured playing in the Cantina. I would also have to buy at least one more for Barquin D'an (Max Rebo Band at Jabba's Palace). There is supposedly and 8th member of The Modal Nodes. How many Tusken Raiders were in A New Hope? Five? Six? So, it IS comparable, especially when the Mos Eisley Cantina cost 2.5x more than the T-16 Skyhopper set. Besides, Sandpeople walk in single file to hide their numbers, so you only need ONE ;)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,356
    ^ Can we really trust anything Obi-Wan said after 'only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.' ;)

I agree though, I would be surprised to see a Tusken Raider battle pack.
    gmonkey76
    @CapnRex101 , we all know that Obi-Wan was senile. I went on an Obi-Wan rant not too long ago and had my friend on the floor dying. Apparently, he thought I was being funny, but I am pretty serious about my Star Wars...if you haven't noticed ;)
    AndorGoldchains
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    I don´t think there´ll be any Tusken battle pack etc. during the next five years. Let´s hope that after some years we´ll get it like we got the Senate Commando battle pack now.
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    Sorry, what is the 'Bricks and Pieces' thing people are referring to in here? Can't find anything on Google.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    JayEm said:
    Sorry, what is the 'Bricks and Pieces' thing people are referring to in here? Can't find anything on Google.
    https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts#BasicInfo

Its a a different selection of parts aside from Pick A Brick. It is originally intended as a part replacement program.
    Pitfall69Goldchains
    You beat me to it ;)

My young Padawan; you must learn the ways of the Lego brick.

https://service.lego.com/en-us/replacementparts/#BasicInfo
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    I see. And it's cheaper than eBay or Bricklink for mini figures, I take it?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    But that's not the purpose of the REPLACEMENT webpage.

It's to replace something missing or broken or damaged, NOT to stock up on items you don't have.
  • Legomaniac1974Legomaniac1974 Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys! I'm new to the group, and I've actually been wondering the same thing about the Tusken raiders. I recently picked up the skyhopper set just for the Tusken raider, and was considering a design to submit to Lego Ideas, but since they don't have a wampa, I couldn't come up with anything :-(
    @Legomaniac1974 , Lego does have a Wampa.
    I may be wrong, but I do not think you can buy licensed parts on the Bricks and Pieces site. You may be able to if the parts were damaged or missing.
    You can buy licensed parts sometimes. This years sw and sh sets had loads if parts available.
  • Legomaniac1974Legomaniac1974 Member Posts: 2
    @Pitfall69 you are correct! I misspoke, I meant a Bantha... A Tusken raider riding a wampa would be really strange lol