Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Newcastle store first birthday

CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 655
Next weekend 20th- 22nd March is the first birthday at the Metro centre store in Gateshead, I've rung the store for more info and there will be giveaways each day but as yet they don't know what the gifts are- you will need a leaflet and be one of the first 100 each day to claim the gift but apparently they have plenty of leaflets for you to pick up in store, if you are nearby.
other offers spend £50 and get a free minifigure box ( I think this is from the build a minifigure section). All the other offers also apply and I did check to see if they have Hellicarriers in they currently have about 35 and plenty of winter warriors too.

if anyone can send me a couple of the leaflets to claim a free gift as we are hoping to go on Friday and I don't have any leaflets

Comments

• Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    The store birthday I went to they gave a bam box of special birthday minifigs for £50 and a LEGO store set for £100. This seems poor in comparison.
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 655
    Anyone going on Friday morning ?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,764
    Friday lunchtime, from work for me to pay my visit. I got sent an email by the Metrocentre store and told to print it out to claim my freebie, there was a cartoon picture of a Ninjago figure on the email - maybe that's the freebie?

Coyotelily: pm me an email address and i'll forward the email if it isn't personalised to me (i'll need a second look, it's on my works email I won't have access to until tomorrow morning).

If anyone is planning to purchase to get the free MINIFIGURE set I was a little disappointed to be honest the figures included were nothing special in fact they have been cobbled together from bits of old CMF 's one figure was the disco guys top, Hawaiian girls hair/head, not sure about legs and surf board, the next was the alien skirt, tech guys body and dj's head, all very weird the final one was the sad clowns hat, generic face, nurses body, white legs and a pie - they came in a Bam pack with a numbered sleeve ? / 500 with happy first birthday Newcastle sleeve.
    the free gift with invitation/ leaflet was the birthday cake poly bag given away a couple of years ago.
    the impression I got from the staff was that these were the gifts for the weekend !
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,764
    Coyotelily: These are the gifts for the weekend, no other gift with purchase according to the email and the shop staff. I got number 22/500 and a cake slice with a pet-shop (#10218) i'm putting away for a rainy day when I went there from work on my lunch break.

Nothing in the shop I want for myself until the UCS Tie Fighter is out (and even then i'm not sure how fussed I am unless the free poly is great.

Worth mentioning there's double VIP points right now.
    True monkey which is the best reason to shop right now