Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from Belfast!

catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
Hi there! I've been lurking for a couple of days and I'm really enjoying Brickset. I'm 33 and I don't think I ever really had a Dark Ages - throughout my teens and early 20s, I was just that deeply weird girl who haunted the local toyshop every January when the new sets came out. Then being a geek became more mainstream, and now I wear my Lego with pride. :smiley: 

My partner told me years ago that he'd always hoped to find a girl he could combine Lego with - well, now we have our own place and we're civilising one room at a time, so it's very close to being a reality (the bulk of my childhood Lego is still at my mum's!). Castle's always been my favourite theme, but I have a lot of Space and Town too, and he's a Technic expert. I stopped buying new sets during the early 2000s when they seemed very dumbed-down, and the prices seem to have skyrocketed in that time - and of course, various grown-up expenses and other hobbies have intruded to take over my disposable income.

It's very hard for me to justify buying new Lego these days, so I deal with my cravings by occasionally getting the CMFs (I love the historical and mythological ones, and I figure the rest can populate my future town/space set-ups when we can finally spread the Lego out in the attic), but I've also had some lucky charity shop finds - last year I got a huge shopping bag full of Lego for £20, and acquired an army of trolls and dwarves from (I think) the Kingdoms era of Castle, amongst other cool stuff. 

The weird thing about reading up on Lego in detail here has been realising just how crazy the secondhand market has got - I think I can kiss goodbye themes from even a few years ago, so I'm going to start budgeting for small sets when new themes strike my fancy - after talking myself out of Monster Fighters, I'm definitely not going to let the monster series of CMFs go by when it arrives!

Comments

• TommyFTommyF northern irelandMember Posts: 34
    Hello.
    I've a post in the marketplace for some Lego storage, if its of any interest to you...
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Hello :)
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Welcome! Castle is a nice theme though my personal favorite is SW.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Hey, nice to meet you all! I'll pop over and have a look at the marketplace, too!
    Andor
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 593
    Hi there. Welcome to Brickset.
    catwrangler
  • EluneElune QuébecMember Posts: 99
    Welcome! The Castle theme is my favourite too. ;)
    Andor