Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Issues with LDD

VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,261
Was just going to do some work on one of my Ideas projects in LDD & discovered that in extended mode, the only colour available is red, is anyone else having issues with LDD?
xiahna

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    There's a tool to recolour pieces once you place them. Saves listing every possible part in every possible colour.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,261
    That's the thing, at the moment, in Extended mode, the only colour showing when go to select colour, with the brick menu or recolour tool, is the original Lego red...
    xiahna
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    I just had that problem, @Shib that feature on has red as well, I think we need to contact LEGO to fix this bug.
    Just checking, I can grab a colour off another object & paint with it, but when I go to select colour, red is still the only colour available, its like the colour palette isn't loading, but in standard mode, all the colours are there & I can switch to any of the colours that object came in...
    xiahna
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    My brother discovered this problem this morning. It was working fine for him yesterday. Hopefully there is an update in the pipeline that will fix this issue.
    I hope so too, have a few Ideas projects I'd like to finish some time soon. I just hope they're not eliminating colours from the palette, especially the older colours, I have a few files using them, including virtual builds of my old sets...

BTW, reinstalling has not fixed the problem...
    xiahna
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    apologies for assuming it was user error, was on mobile so no way of checking.
    @shib, all good, rereading my initial post, I can see it was possibly confusing, so I clarified for you. The issue with the written word over talking, it can lead to confusion, because the reader can interpret it a different way from what the writer intended.
    xiahna
  • NazfoolNazfool Member Posts: 1
    I discovered the same weirdness today while messing around with LDD Extended. What a weird bug...
    Anyhoo, I'm glad that I'm not the only one having this problem.  
    TLG responded on twitter, they've let LDD support know of the issue & they're working on fixing it.
    Aanchirxiahna
    LDD Extended mode colour palette loading again...
    Aanchirxiahna
    Has anyone else had issues recently with trying to install a fresh copy of LDD? Version 4.3.8 to be exact... I've now tried to install it on four different computers & all goes with the install, but when going to run it for the first time, it downloads & installs all the brick updates up until one that is approximately 1.59 Mb, which fails to initialise. It comes up with an unable to connect to the website & asks if you want use offline mode, which if I say yes, LDD hangs...
    xiahna
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    I tried installing it on a Windows 10 VM a couple of weeks ago, and had exactly the same error. I assumed it was a VM networking issue and gave up... 
    Well, two of the machines I've tried it on were Win7, one was Vista & the last two (a friend brought their Laptop down today to try it on that) were Win8, all the same fail point. Thought it was bad enough that TLG haven't added any new parts in some time now, but now it seems that new installs of LDD can't run, because they can't complete the auto update.
    xiahna
    Anyone else having issues with LDD not connecting to the net at the moment?
    xiahna
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Yes; since last night.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,321
    yes for a few days
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 900
    Mine too.

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,302
    Yeah, I have been having the issue too but it doesn't stop or break anything for me! Just click OK and you will be good. 
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    Not really an issue but what does the send to Lego option do? I clicked it once, but it didn't seem to do anything?
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    I think it's a leftover from the days when you could upload your models to online galleries and order copies from the bricks and pieces website.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    edited December 2017
    Man, would've been convenient if you could still do that instead of looking up each piece one at a time.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,640
    I don't use LDD anymore. I found it..well, just kinda mediocre. BL's Stud.io is much better, in my opinion plus it has an amazing built-in rendering feature.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    Stud.io is definitely the best building software I've found for Mac besides LDD. I have Bricksmith, too, but it's always been a hassle.

I do find that Stud.io sometimes has issues with connectivity between certain parts, and that the UI for the hinge tool can make it a bit difficult to use. Most of the time, I still use LDD and then import my LDD builds into Stud.io if I want to do anything more with them.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Yes, sometimes the parts won't connect and I haven't found a tool to make chains and ropes move, but I definitely like it better than LDD.