Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Mirror lego

ascap29ascap29 ManchesterMember Posts: 10
Does anyone know where I can buy flat tiles with a mirror sort of finish?

Thanks.

Comments

• goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,177
    ascap29 said:
    Does anyone know where I can buy flat tiles with a mirror sort of finish?

Thanks.

I know where you can get an official LEGO mirror, in set #10246 Detective office: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=20193

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,712
    edited March 2015
    Another (non-purist) solution is reflective tape. My dad used reflective HVAC duct tape (available at most hardware stores) to make actual working mirrors for #8110. Of course, if you need a tile to have a reflective finish from edge to edge, this may not be effective for your purposes.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    edited March 2015
    Another option is to use shiny stickers such as in the lighthouse set #5770. They are still quite cheap on bricklink.

I'm not sure if this is purist or not, but the surrounding / waste area of the sticker sheet is quite big, compared to the actual stickers. So you get a lot of waste shiny sticker that could be used. It is also genuine lego, just lego waste.
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 168
    edited March 2015
    "Bare-Metal Foil" used by model builders. Thin, self adhesive. can be trimmed with a hobby knife and burnished with a cloth. Not too expensive as a little goes a long way. I'm not sure it will give you a mirror finish though, just a very shiny one.