Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

When is 10220 VW Camper Van coming to Asia or Oz?

bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
edited October 2011 in Shopping Elsewhere
Does anyone have any info on when 10220 VW Camper Van will be showing up in Asia (Malaysia) or Australia?
Thanks…

Comments

• hewmanhewman Member Posts: 90
    Best guess (based on previous exclusive release dates) for Australia is the mid-year sales for next year, so a bit of a wait
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    available now in australia for S&H - $169.99 AUD, plus shipping
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    ^^ Wow. That's a long wait.
  • RavenhookRavenhook Member Posts: 70
    It's currently an exclusive to the LEGO Shop everywhere in the world, so the question is really, when is it no longer going to be an exclusive?

Australia / Malaysia isn't really any different except that we don't have physical LEGO Shops to walk into and have to order online.

It's just the way they do it for some things. We're not being singled out for a long wait.
    I wasn't suggesting we were being singled out, I was simply voicing my sadness :P
  • cutmygrasscutmygrass Member Posts: 9
    called LA last week and was advised this set 10220 will not becoming to Oz in 2011 so assume is coming in 2012 by the way the guy was talking to be available at either myers or david jones, also 10218 pet shop will be part of the christmas line up for david jones off memory, and 10219 is not being imported into Australia by LA. Someone needs to give LA a run of there money and start parallel importing ....?
  • brickitectbrickitect Member Posts: 3
    From what I've heard, Camper Van will be available in Singapore in Jan 2012
    Hopefully if it's in Singapore in Jan 2012, it'll be in Malaysia as well (where I currently live). That's not too long.
  • cutmygrasscutmygrass Member Posts: 9
    10220 will be out in June at Myers
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    ^ I'd better start saving. I'm hoping it'll be on special straight away like Myer does at June. Hopefully 20% off, so $135-ish? I'd pay that.
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    June! Man, this got released months ago overseas. I presume NZ will be similar, but what won't be similar is the price!
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    I'd pay $135 and pick it up at a B&M store though, probably cheaper than Bricklink.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    10220 is available in Singapore but for a price of 145 USD. So either its best to locate a dealer/seller in same region and try the prices. Wish I had known about this set before I would have stocked them up for my Aussie and Kiwi friends :) I'm from Pakistan by the way.