Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Has anyone built: "Custom ENDOR Landingplatform + Trees for Star Wars"

NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 449
A friend of mine is hell bent on building this set:
http://www.custombricks.de/CUSTOM-Bauanleitungen/Star-Wars-CB/Landeplattform/Star-Wars-ENDOR-Landeplattform.html

I am only involved as he will be buying bricks of me. He is not interested in the landplatform, which I can understand, only the trees bit. The trees do look quite fun.

If anybody has built it, could they PM me some photos. I am curios to what bricks goes into the set. The guy has not bought the manual yet as it takes a long time to produce. (Bit odd this.) I am picking out bricks now and I have 2 guys both wanting brown bricks. The idea is to share the bricks amongst them as the other guy is building a largish medival pirate landskap. (I have seen a photo of the start of it and it looks impressive, but I am easly impressed.)
Sadly brown is not a brick you get a lot of in job lots.

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Norlego said:
    Sadly brown is not a brick you get a lot of in job lots.

I don't know about that; I've picked up quite a few lots that were crap ;)
    Rennybobabricks
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Are the walkways on the landing platform of the same height as the side door on an AT-AT?
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,001

Has your friend considered the 'Fully Brick Models' version of it?

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=bonsaibuddyman

They sell instructions for several types of trees and a reasonable-sized landing platform.  I ordered a set of the instructions a couple of years ago, and although I never quite got around to building them, they look quite impressive.  Each step is a separate file, and you just open them one at a time. 

Unfortunately, some of the parts used for the under-floor/vegetation are really rare (and expensive), and you might need to use an alternative colour for some of the hinges used in the tree branches if I remember correctly :)

• NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 449
    They look very similiar. Maybe the same company has produced both. I will pass on the link to him as he does not want to build the platform.
    I think he is aware brown and vegetation is going to be expensive, as he the trees look large.
    The people whom design this (and Lego building books), just design things without considering cost of the "rare" colours/bricks used in the designs. But of course it looks good.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,001

Hi, Fully Bricks are based in Australia rather than Germany, so I'm guessing they're different companies! :) 

When I ordered my instructions they were via Ebay and it included the platform, a couple of different types of tree, plus a mix of vegetation. I think that I'd provisionally costed the trees at about £80 to build, although that was a couple of years ago..

I've just had a quick look at the parts list  (mine was 'Ewok Tree no.4') and it needs 31 part types (1,586 in total).  Most are very common, apart from one hinge type.  The designs have been available for a while, and I guess it's been a 'victim' of supply and demand; probably when they were originally made the parts were more readily available.

• suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    Really like the look at this, but at over 5000 bricks for both the platform and the trees can not imagine they are that cheap to build. Would look great next to the #10236-1
  • FurrysaurusFurrysaurus Hiding in the kitchen.Member Posts: 156
    i made the fully brick models one for brickmagic a few years back - they're awesome, albeit *very* time consuming when it comes to applying the branches.  the custombricks ones look a bit more straightforward.   also, the fully brick one comes out to about 5 feet tall as i recall - which is impressive to say the least, but at that height it also becomes a tad bit unstable.