Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71016 Kwik E Mart

Comments

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,331
    The school bus would make sense, same scale, detail and size but hits a different price point.
  • RailsRails Member Posts: 153
    My vote would be for Krusty Burger but I doubt Lego wants that fast food association

#3438 They already did Maccy D's. Though I imagine fast food is a more contentious issue now compared to 1999.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,017
    What about the mono rail?! May be they could do that....
    RailscheshirecatCapnRex101gmonkey76natro220GoldchainsAdeelZubairRonyar
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 Administrator Posts: 2,364
    ^ So 'mono' means 'one' but what did 'rail' mean again?

The Monorail would be a dream set for me, but it seems unlikely. The school bus on the other hand lends itself well to a set.
    epyon396
  • KleiovousKleiovous Member Posts: 95
    I'm just glad they're only releasing one set a year, seems a very niche subject and a bit of a distraction from more 'creative' themes/ exclusives.
  • SolariousSolarious Member Posts: 317
    Is this less 'creative' then the modulars?
    Same concept to me
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    I noticed this in the description for the set..

• Accessory elements include Bart’s spray can, Marge’s shopping basket, Apu’s broom and Chief Wiggum’s cuffs and truncheon

• Snake (a.k.a. Jailbird) is exclusive to this set for fall 2015 <---?

• Removable roof features rare, dark-orange bricks

• CCCCCC Member Posts: 20,526
    Yeah, I mentioned that on the homepage comments. It makes me wonder if series 3 CMF is already planned and a version of Snake will be in it. They've done it with the house Maggie.
    Crowkillers
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    Rail meaning rail.

Barney's Bowl-a-Rama would be fantastic.  They could include the Pin Pals and the Holy Rollers and knock out most of the controversial characters right there. 
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I went looking through Springfield locations looking for likely candidates as well. This one seems promising:

minicoopers11
  • juddtaylorjuddtaylor Member Posts: 27
    Yes, the monorail would be awesome!
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    Aleydita said:
    It's gotta be Moe's Tavern next, then Krusty Burger after that.

Who knows. Lego keeps refusing stuff for reasons like drugs, religion, politics, and violence yet they do the simpsons????

They've got a homer figure even though he drinks a lot and has criminal past, marge has been in jail at least once, it's known that maggie can use a gun, flanders is the religious nut, itchy and scratchy is a really gory version of tom and jerry, In wave 2, I'm seeing patty and selma who are both heavy smokers and hans moleman whose running gag seems to him getting "killed" or hit.  Or Snake whose probably the best known criminal in the show?

edited March 2015
    Aleydita said:
    It's gotta be Moe's Tavern next, then Krusty Burger after that.

Who knows. Lego keeps refusing stuff for reasons like drugs, religion, politics, and violence yet they do the simpsons????

They've got a homer figure even though he drinks a lot and has criminal past, marge has been in jail at least once, it's known that maggie can use a gun, flanders is the religious nut, itchy and scratchy is a really gory version of tom and jerry, In wave 2, I'm seeing patty and selma who are both heavy smokers and hans moleman whose running gag seems to him getting "killed" or hit.  Or Snake whose probably the best known criminal in the show?

Deadpool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CphFZGH5030

I think if it's "Fantasy" then Lego will use it as that as their angle...

$_3.JPG 25.4K
    I think my favorite when I was looking through locations was Kentuky Fried Panda (It's finger Ling-Ling good!)
  • dimefielddimefield Member Posts: 314
    Lack of a Krusty figure makes me think Krusty Burger... Could build it kitty corner from The Krusty Krab!
    edited March 2015
    Krusty was in CMF series 1.
    Pitfall69natro220dimefield
  • natro220natro220 Member Posts: 545
    The school makes the most sense to be next, with the bus. No Skinner or Otto yet, and it's in nearly every episode. Power plant would be awesome but it would be too hard to do it justice, size wise. Moe's I doubt will ever happen, same as the church. Comic book store could happen too, but the school is so much more a part of the show.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    I like this Kwik E Mart set....although I'm not planning on buying any of the Simpson stuff, an entire Lego Springfield town sounds pretty cool.  

As far as that Cantina goes, ya...you had to do a little modification to it to get it look like a real bar.
    I notice that Bartman has the old style thin cape rather than the thicker but softer ones the new superhero minifigs get.
  • juddtaylorjuddtaylor Member Posts: 27
    I don't understand why y'all hatin' on the church. There are tons of christian theme legos already, entire christmas villages, advent calendars, santa/elf minifigs, etc... there is way more christian stuff in lego than just about any other toy line, in fact.

Many of the first most popular lego sets were churches, also. There is no reason why not to do it now. It'll sell like fire, just because everyone else is afraid to touch the subject... but it's already in LEGO's genes.

Nobody would complain if they came out with a set of Westminster Abbey, either.
  • dimefielddimefield Member Posts: 314
    CCC said:
    Krusty was in CMF series 1.
    I must have collected and stored that series way too fast...
    @juddtaylor No one is "hatin' on the church." LEGO has a list of things that "do not fit with their brand values", and it lists religious symbols, buildings and people.
    andhe
  • Chang405Chang405 Member Posts: 88
    I don't understand why y'all hatin' on the church. There are tons of christian theme legos already, entire christmas villages, advent calendars, santa/elf minifigs, etc... there is way more christian stuff in lego than just about any other toy line, in fact.

Many of the first most popular lego sets were churches, also. There is no reason why not to do it now. It'll sell like fire, just because everyone else is afraid to touch the subject... but it's already in LEGO's genes.

Nobody would complain if they came out with a set of Westminster Abbey, either.
    I don't know about other non Christians, but I do celebrate Christmas as a non-Christian myself. For me its just a holiday, where you put out a tree/colorful decorations, exchange presents and enjoy the family atmosphere. (And now that I am an adult, get a chance go buy discounted LEGO). I have never celebrated Christmas reflecting on Jesus and the official Christian religion.

So yeah, I guess what I am trying to say is that Santa, elves and the advent calender are not really all that religious. Whereas a church would definitely be religious.
    gmonkey76ricecakebinaryeye
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 Member Posts: 11,454
    I knew it would eventually come to this... (deep breath) Advent calendars are religious, but most people don't see them as such; just a "countdown" to Christmas. There aren't any religious symbols on the calendars, so I'm ok with it. A church in itself, is a religious symbol and I understand why Lego wants to stay away from things like that; even though they have produced a church set in the past.
    gmonkey76
  • ShibShib Member Posts: 5,469
    Also the way a church counts down advent is traditionally differnt to the secular advent calendar. Also TLG changed the traditional name of Christmas Village to Winter Village. Add to that the Santa and Elves element is actually opposed by many traditional christians and suddenly all that christian Lego is not so much.
    Pitfall69
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,331
    There are tons of christian theme legos already, entire christmas villages, advent calendars, santa/elf minifigs, etc... there is way more christian stuff in lego than just about any other toy line, in fact.
    that gave me a good laugh on a sunday morning, thank you. i remember the bible being full of elves, and santas and star wars themed advent calendars.  :D
    gmonkey761265Pitfall69BumblepantsLostInTranslationherekittykitty
  • piratemania7piratemania7 Member Posts: 2,146
    This is why the threads become lame. We end up talking about religion and advent calendars in the Kwik-E-Mart thread...SMH @juddtaylor
    ACWWGal2011natro220MordoorLadder19JTK
    Jedi-ism is a religion, so yes there are religious subjects in one of the advent calendars.
    piratemania7natro220juddtaylorsidersdd
    ^When I first saw Jedi-ism I thought you wrote Judaism..
    I always saw Jedi like Budhists
    It's not really a "religion" exactly
    No matter what a nerd in a bathrobe waving around a broomstick on YouTube might think
    Ha!
    Unless someone else has mentioned it already somewhere else I'm throwing LEGOism out there.
    Mordoor
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker Member Posts: 231
    I am a Jedi, of course, but I am also a self-proclaimed LEGOist, I literally worship LEGO. :)
    Pitfall69
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    Jedi was the 4th most populous religion on the 2000 U.S. census...
    I'm sure people said that as a joke
    Or they actually believe that junk about how it has to be recognized as an organized religion if enough people put it on a census

Doesn't matter though as I was more referring to the point that Jedi themselves don't have any deities or strict beliefs about the afterlife (punishment or reward for "good" behavior) or how they don't prostelesize, ect.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Member Posts: 2,442
    monkyby87 said:
    Jedi was the 4th most populous religion on the 2000 U.S. census...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon
  • Rsa33Rsa33 Member Posts: 156
    Stay on target...i mean topic, lol

The kwik e mrkt is lookin legit. Snake and wiggum mfs alone are worth it haha, unfortunately catching up on missed sw sets takes precedence...
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    I wish the price was a little less, considering the house has more pieces for the same price, but it still looks nice regardless.
    I think it's worth the price, lots of neat details (even if they're mostly stickers it still looks nice). That's my opinion though.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair Member Posts: 2,704
    'LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The Simpsons, Series 2' Review:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106053
    TXLegoguynatro220pharmjod
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair Member Posts: 2,704
    LEGO The Simpsons, Kwik-E-Mart (71016) - Designer Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVIepHqSe3E
    TXLegoguyepyon396lego007BrickDancer
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    WOW! Look at all of these printed pieces! 

TXLegoguyPitfall69chuckplego007BrickDancerbluedragonbobabrickspharmjodGoldchains
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I also love seeing the true behind the scenes of designing the stickers.

TXLegoguychuckplego007bobabricksLego_Star
  • KleiovousKleiovous Member Posts: 95
    With all the money Lego make you'd think they would be able to afford some heating, the poor chap has to sit with a woolly hat on!
    The hat thing has been going on in the US for quite some time. These guys wear hats even when it is hot out. They are called "beanie" hats, but they go by many names like "sock cap", "knit cap", "ski hat"...I think it is part of that "Hipster" style.

The other guy in the video looks like Bryan Johnson from "Comic Book Men". Honestly, if I had a company like Lego, I wouldn't let them dress that way to present a Designer Video. That's just me of course, I'm old school ;)
    CrowkillersKleiovousAdeelZubairchuckp
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 Administrator Posts: 2,364
    ^ It's better than the designer video for the UCS TIE Fighter. That was an experiment in how not to present a LEGO set.
    AdeelZubairPitfall69
    Pitfall69 said:
    The hat thing has been going on in the US for quite some time. These guys wear hats even when it is hot out. They are called "beanie" hats, but they go by many names like "sock cap", "knit cap", "ski hat"...I think it is part of that "Hipster" style.

The other guy in the video looks like Bryan Johnson from "Comic Book Men". Honestly, if I had a company like Lego, I wouldn't let them dress that way to present a Designer Video. That's just me of course, I'm old school ;)
    I love that show..
    Pitfall69chuckpGoldchains
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    Pitfall69 said:
    Honestly, if I had a company like Lego, I wouldn't let them dress that way to present a Designer Video.
    "Dress according to the instructions!"
    Pitfall69AdeelZubairGoldchains
    @Crowkillers , I never thought I would like the show because I am not into comic books, but the show is basically "Pawn Stars", but with comics and toys. I'm still not into comics, but I have learned a lot about Superheroes.
    Crowkillerschuckp
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,017
    Whoever did the stickers for this set didn't put some on straight (see yellow tiles on right). You would have thought they'd take extra care since they're in the video?!
    edited March 2015
    Pitfall69 said:
    @Crowkillers , I never thought I would like the show because I am not into comic books, but the show is basically "Pawn Stars", but with comics and toys. I'm still not into comics, but I have learned a lot about Superheroes.
    I started watching it on Netflix(seasons 2 and 3) and instantly got hooked on it and bought season one from Amazon for like $10..I love watching shows like this that revolve around pop-culture and that nostalgia feel that takes me back to my youth, not to mention the information that I never knew.. :) Plus it's pretty funny..

I also love Pawn Stars, but not for the fake cheesy storylines they create, but for the historical information..
    Pitfall69chuckp