Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71016 Kwik E Mart

DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
There is a picture of the box for the Kwik E Mart floating around on Instagram.  I won't post the direct link, because I expect Lego will request it be taken down, but if you are excited to see it, I'm sure you can find it.

It looks awesome.  Insta-buy for me on April 15 VIP early release day.
LostInTranslationjoel4motionAdeelZubairTXLegoguy

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Looks great. But then I think the House is too but haven't pulled the trigger on it..
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    It's gorgeous and very close to the real deal, extremely happy with the Kwik-E-Mart itself and a definite one to buy.

And Yay for Snake!! Great fig to add and very fitting for this set. However, I'm extremely disappointed that they included the same ol' Marge and Wiggum! Abu gets a pass since at least its a variant outfit. But what a waste of an opportunity plus a cheap skate move on TLG's part considering half of the figs are non-exclusive for such a pricey set (same as they did for the Helicarrier).
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,318
    It looks great to me. I am delighted to see a Snake minifigure, and have high hopes for the patrol car. I would have loved to see Frostillicus/Jasper, but that was an optimistic expectation admittedly.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    What's with all the other buildings in the background? Are they MOC's or future releases?
  • Ray1204Ray1204 USAMember Posts: 69
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    It's time to grab the Simpsons House when Double VIP points comes in a couple weeks
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,686
    Damn I don't want to blow my Brick2015 budget yet! I still got to get the Tumbler, Helicarrier, Simpsons House, Sandcrawler and the current modulars...
    Crownie
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Apu will permanently be on the roof of mine with a sniper rifle.

"Thank you for coming! I'll see you in hell!"

ChubblesPoochyAdeelZubairgmonkey76minicoopers11andheCrownie
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2015
    That '79' had better be 2*79 pieces!!

where * >5 preferably!  ^^

Pity the 'Kwik-E-Mart' isn't brick built though.
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511

Much more interesting to me than the Simpsons house--meaning tempting...very tempting.

My main Simpsons desires remain Santa's Little Helper and lots more of the coffee cups, though. This just looks like a great addition to a large-scale gas station MOC....

gmonkey76
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    Santa's LH is in the series 2 Simpsons CMF.
    Pitfall69chuckpandhe
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    That '79' had better be 2*79 pieces!!

where * >5 preferably!  ^^

Pity the 'Kwik-E-Mart' isn't brick built though.
    The E is, at least.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    I wonder if Lil' Bandit is in the parking lot...?

andhe
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 838
    I'm hoping this will fit alongside the modulars and not appear out of proportion
    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    ^Oh @Jern92 , you have read my mind. I am definitely putting it in my Modular City, but there will be levels above it.
    pharmjod
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,585
    Does anyone have any idea on the piece count on this yet?
    Well, better a smart a$$ than a dumb a$$ I always say :)
    Pitfall69
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    He's not wrong :P
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,651
    I'm not so sure about this one. The roof looks a little uninspiring, just loads of roof slopes. I think the sign is awful. Surely they could have had a go at doing it brick built. Or if not, sticker the lot.

As to the minifigs... Apu, Wiggum and Snake fair enough. There is a hold up at the Kwik-E-Mart. But why Marge? It's been a while since I watched it, but doesn't she shop at a larger supermarket (as in the opening sequence). I thought it was Homer and Bart that used the overpriced and poor quality Kwik-E-Mart, whereas Marge shopped smarter at the supermarket.

Still, let's hope that Jasper is in the freezer.

• ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 95
    Marge was arrested for shoplifting at the Kwik-E-Mart in Season 4.

Hoping for another exclusive figure out of shot, perhaps next to Homer on the bottom right? Jimbo/Kearney would be welcome.

Agreed that the sign is disappointing but the interior is promising. Looks great on the whole - not much more they could have done with the roof.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    Doesn't matter what it is or how it looks. TLG got me when k purchased The Simpsons House. The OCD in me alone is enough to purchase this ASAP.
    CrownieMordoor
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    There's more to the roof than you can see from the picture.
    I hope their are pipes and those ventilation details on the roof, like these:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/7kyubi7/15880232943/

pharmjodchuckp
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    I'm hoping for a secret passage through the coolers to Paul McCartney's secret garden on the roof. 
    CrowkillersbrickupdateT_Lars
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    I'm not that shocked that Marge, Homer and Wiggum are in the set.  We'll see how different they are.  W/ regards to Marge and Homer, they're a part of the core family.  Yes, the rumors are that they'll be in their Sunday best clothes for series 2, but for the late-comers, and you know there will be, they will want to have the core family in the original outfits.  W/ series 1 being long gone, this is a way for them to get the core family in normal outfits.

Did I want more unique figs?  Definitely.  Am I mad at Lego, no, b/c i can see their reasoning behind it.

I collected the Playmates line of World of Springfield.  You saw a lot of secondary outfits for the family, and new collectors always complained how hard it was just to get the family as they normally appear.
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    Can't wait for this and for the official release pictures. In the last few weeks, series 1 Simpsons figures have made a comeback to my local Smyths toystore, they had a display stand of boxes out near the checkouts for the past few weeks, and then some more individual packets on display elsewhere. Maybe they found a few boxes of them after a recent stock-check? Anyway, picked up a few extra figures since I only got one of each when they were out last summer.
    edited March 2015
    Can't wait for this and for the official release pictures. In the last few weeks, series 1 Simpsons figures have made a comeback to my local Smyths toystore, they had a display stand of boxes out near the checkouts for the past few weeks, and then some more individual packets on display elsewhere. Maybe they found a few boxes of them after a recent stock-check? Anyway, picked up a few extra figures since I only got one of each when they were out last summer.
    Yeah, I surprised that these are still in stores; nearly a year in April/May. Collectible minifigures only stay until the next series is out, unless for this series it will be for The Simpsons, Series 2 comes out since they are not part of the original line. I already have them and I plan to get every other LEGO Simpsons products that are released.

If they release one large set and a series of collectible minifigures each year I will be so happy rather than those childish sets. Next year I hope we see the Comic Book Shop with loads of new printed comics! I don't want this theme to become like Star Wars with re-releases of minifigures and sets. I want solid and accurate display models. Judging by the licence I think it will stay this way and target only the AFOLs for the exclusive sets and the collectible minifigures will be for the kids.

The Simpsons and Minecraft themes have brought back what LEGO was originally about: creativity and simplicity.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,565
    edited March 2015
    ^ Just like they did not do with LOTR.
    TLG are bound to also mess this Simpsons theme up, by producing lego sets for
    ?children?  :)
    matticus_bricks
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,421
    Personally I'd like them to do a few sub £100 sets, e.g Simpsons Car (in slightly larger scale than the one from the house) Flanders Car, Bart's treehouse. They don't need to put put £15 rrp sets but stuff from £30-£70 rrp would be great.
    LostInTranslationCrowkillersAdeelZubairpharmjod
    edited March 2015
    Shib said:
    Personally I'd like them to do a few sub £100 sets, e.g Simpsons Car (in slightly larger scale than the one from the house) Flanders Car, Bart's treehouse. They don't need to put put £15 rrp sets but stuff from £30-£70 rrp would be great.

I would like to see the Scool Bus with maybe 5 exclusive kids and Otto...
    ShibAdeelZubairTXLegoguyBrickDancerpharmjodT_Lars
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    going to build this on a grey baseplate put it in my city
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    I too would be ok with some smaller sets to go along, not every set needs to be epic in scale.  There are several vinettes they could do, Homer's workstation, Bart and Lisa's classrooms (if they don't make a Springfield Elementary).  Also, the comic book store, Krusty Burger, Krustylu studios, just to name a few.  I doubt would make epic 2000+ sets for those locations as they aren't nearly as iconic as the house or Kwik e Mart.
    edited March 2015

I would like to see the "School Bus" with maybe 5 exclusive kids and Otto...

LOL.. How did I misspell that..? :D
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,318
    edited March 2015
    ^ You must mean 'Ghoul Bus.'
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    @dragon114 , may I ask why a grey baseplate? If your city is a Modular City, not all the Modular Buildings had grey baseplates.

CC - Green
    GG - Green
    MS - Dark Bley
    FB - Dark Bley
    GE -Tan
    PS - Green
    TH - Tan
    PC - Red
    PR - Light Bley
    ^ D.O. is brown.
    Pitfall69
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    I'm thinking maybe Lego feels Simpsons will only appeal to adult collectors that are more willing to buy the bigger sets.  I'm not against smaller sets by any means, but I think they would just rather stick with the bigger sets for now.  They might not think there's enough appeal to have an actual line going.
    brickupdate
  • RubberbandManRubberbandMan Member Posts: 48
    Would rather see another series of Simpsons Minifigures, so many more characters to be made.
    Crowkillers
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    ^^Outside of series 2? 
    monkyby87 said:
    I'm thinking maybe Lego feels Simpsons will only appeal to adult collectors that are more willing to buy the bigger sets.  I'm not against smaller sets by any means, but I think they would just rather stick with the bigger sets for now.  They might not think there's enough appeal to have an actual line going.

I understand this reasoning but I think it misses a bigger picture point. There are probably more Simpsons fans that are not FOLs than are FOLs. All TLG need to do is put out a couple of smaller sets and the non-FOL Simpsons fans are more likely to be convinced to buy and could become FOLs as a result.

My brother is a prime example, he keeps asking me about Simpsons Lego, because he'd love to have some sets, but can't justify the cost of the Simpsons house in one hit. If he built a couple of smaller sets first he'd be more tempted to buy a large set later.

• LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    edited March 2015
    ^yes, I sorta agree with you, I think it's a strange kind of logic that LEGO are using so far, with one big exclusive and expensive set per year along with a range of widely-available Minifigures. i understand that the Simpsons has a large older age-group demographic interested in the Tv series, who would have more disponsible income (ideally!) to purchase the expensive sets, but they're leaving the minifigures series to have free reign among non-themed "generic" LEGO, since there are no regular sets available for kids to use the figures with. I know this is in line with all previous collectible minifigure series bar LEGO Movie, but since it's licensed I would have thought it'd have tie-in sets as well. If they're uncertain that it'd be a success, why not test the market with maybe just 2 smaller sets a year, à la SpongeBob perhaps? I guess the problem there is that the Simpsons House has set the standard from the beginning, and any "affordable" sets would probably look out-of-proportion now. It's a funny kind of animal. :)

I don't think smaller sets would be out of proportion with the house or kwik-e-mart. Bart's tree house would make a great addition to the house but would also work as a standalone set. I think they would have been better off doing the car seperately and making it slightly bigger.

think in terms of what would people want to make a Springfield layout? While most of it is larger buildings there are also smaller landmarks like the statue of Jebediha Springfield and Vehicles like Willie's Tractor.

I think careful planning could have given them a strategy of 1 large building plus say two smaller sets that compliment the large set every year as long as it seems viable. Unlike star wars or superheroes they don't need two vehicles per set for conflict based play.

pharmjodcatwranglerAdeelZubair
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I just want the Nuclear Power Plant and i'll be happy
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Chubbles said:
    I just want the Nuclear Power Plant and i'll be happy

Nucular, it's pronounced NUCULAR....
    ChubblestiminchicagoT_LarsgarethjedwardsLukeSkywalkerGoldchainsgmonkey76AdeelZubair
  • ChewieBricksHDChewieBricksHD Member Posts: 2
    Highly excited about this!

• T_LarsT_Lars USAMember Posts: 104
    Im holding out for a $500+ monorail system with a Leonard Nimoy exclusive minifig. 
    gmonkey76xiahna
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    Pitfall69 said:
    @dragon114 , may I ask why a grey baseplate? If your city is a Modular City, not all the Modular Buildings had grey baseplates.

CC - Green
    GG - Green
    MS - Dark Bley
    FB - Dark Bley
    GE -Tan
    PS - Green
    TH - Tan
    PC - Red
    PR - Light Bley
    because it bigger and gives me room for a parking lot.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Says every kid looking at the pay phones: What the hell are those?
    Pitfall69pharmjodnatro220CircleK
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    My barely 2 year old knows what a land line is and how to use it. The technology is certainly going away but it's not completely out of the knowledge of children yet.
    xiahna