Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

New UK store - Birmingham???

PulpdictionPulpdiction Member Posts: 3
edited October 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
I was in the MK Lego store yesterday and heard 2 of the staff talking to a customer about the internal communication that a new store in Birmingham would be opening next year, I asked them about it and they said they had been told it would be 'early' next year but didn't know any more details.

Not wanting to get flamed just telling you what happened before it starts....

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,630
    That would be interesting. There used to be one in Birmingham but it closed down (to my knowledge).
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,495
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. See JP82's comments in this thread:
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/23650#Comment_23650
  • pantboypantboy EnglandMember Posts: 210
    edited October 2011
    Nooooo, if they open a store in Bimingham i'll never have any cash again :-)
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,794
    edited October 2011
    They closed the one in the Bullring a few years back. Be interesting to see where they will site it. It's not central Birmingham, but the Touchwood Centre in Solihull would be a very good site due to the affluence of that particular district. Let's see...
  • JP82JP82 Member Posts: 45
    Well there certainly was a previous store in the Bullring at Birmingham. And yes definitely plans for 3 new stores next year.

And like I said, the only way is North! The constant "commenting" about LEGO neglecting the north for stores over the last few years has not gone un-noticed. Maybe even further north as well? Maybe.... Maybe even beyond the border!!!?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,495
    ^ @jp82: you're such a tease! Just spill the beans!
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    It's an open secret that they've been looking for a suitable retail unit location in Edinburgh or Glasgow for the last couple of years ... hopefully they've found one.

There will be a lot of Scottish AFOLs who will be made very unhappy by this, if it happens, as they will no longer be able to have a good whinge about how much Lego hates them ;-)
    (said with great affection, just in case anyone mistakes the tone)