Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

My LEGO City layout (update)

danielnzlegodanielnzlego Member Posts: 28
edited March 2015 in Collecting
Hope you enjoy the latest update to my LEGO city.

Interested to get feedback and suggestions.

After this I'm going to make some big changes as I want to add a spaceport for the 2015 space shuttle sets as well as the previous launch pad and other related sets that have been sitting in my cupboard.

TXLegoguycarlqDaraghBACbrixMrJ_NYPoochyhkcrazy88givmellisAndorbluemodernchuckpgmonkey76GothamConstructionCoBrickmanHokieJoe99SirBenEluneemilewskigarethjedwardschibhawk

Comments

• BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    My favorite part is the Millennium Falcon :D lol just kidding. Awesome layout dude. If I could change one thing I believe an arctic portion would be not accurate environmentally but cosmetically genious lol. Great friend!
  • danielnzlegodanielnzlego Member Posts: 28
    Ha thanks, yeah I have a side layout for arctic but I'm not convinced I like the sub-theme. I might sell them off.
    BACbrix
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    @danielnzlego if you do sell them let me know, I have been eyeing the theme.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Cool. I can only wish I had a lego city some day. Or a SW world. But I don't have space for it at the moment.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    And people think Lego are for kids....

The Man Upstairs: No, actually it's a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system.
    Finn: The box for this one said "Ages 8 to 14"!
    The Man Upstairs: That's a suggestion. They have to put that on there.

Very nice layout,you're giving me space envy :D

AndorTroublesBrewing
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    I am not a train guy, but I love your train yard.  Seeing all of these trains (along with the tram :wink:) together is really nice.
    Trains was the reason I came out of the dark ages in 2012 :)
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    That's a very nice set up. I've always wanted to do a city but I've never had the space... I'm also a sucker for spending all of my money on rare Lego rather than building material. ;)

One thing I found funny is that have my Tie fighter and MF dislayed exactly like yours. :tongue: 
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    @bobabricks Same problem. I'm all the time wanting rare big sets, then see a discount or something and decide to buy them. And then the 'I'd like to build a MOC' feeling comes to my mind. But then I find out that I can't afford the parts at the moment. And when I would have the money there is a set that I gotta buy and here we go again...
    Andorbobabricks
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 86
    The shark attack cracks me up. Wish I had the space as well!
    Andor
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    I just think it's a great set up and wonder how you were able to accumulate so much.

Single? Great profession? Live with parents?

Either way - awesome set up like I said.
    AndorMordoor
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited March 2015
    So many trains without a continuous loop to run makes me sad.
    Andorthenos
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    That is a lot of LEGO, all very nicely displayed. Looking beyond the city which is pretty amazing, I saw a lot more expensive sets.  Obviously a hardcore, and organized LEGO fan.  Just having a room large enough to display all of that is impressive. 

Marty McFly skateboarding while hanging on to the truck is my favorite part. 
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    I loved spotting Marty too - and great display overall, I adore looking at those kinds of setups where there's something going on in every corner (although I'd feel really sorry for the shark victim perpetually being eaten after a while).

Those unopened boxes in the background though, the SSD and Death Star and sandcrawler - how do you resist the temptation? :)
  • QuentinBrickQuentinBrick STLMember Posts: 21
    I just hope you never have to move!!!
    TarDomo
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    Nice job.   Its not as easy as one might think to make a great looking city layout. 
    @piratemania7 - married with 2 kids :smile:

@thelonetensor - I originally started off with a double track loop but it just took up too much room given all the other stuff I wanted to do so I compromised on just having a straight track scene. Unbelievably I've never put batteries in any of my trains to actually make them run :open_mouth: 

@HokieJoe99 @MissKittyFantastico well spotted! :smile: 

@MissKittyFantastico Some of those I've had for over 2 years. Sometimes I think I enjoy sets more when they're MISB as I know I can always get my money back if I go back into the dark ages :smiley: 
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    danielnzlego said:

Unbelievably I've never put batteries in any of my trains to actually make them run :open_mouth: 
    You're breaking my heart :(