Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Real? I can't tell. Please help !

Hello everyone. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I just purchased this Lego Harry HP005potter figure and trying to figure out if all the pieces are real authentic Lego. If anyone is able to tell please help me out. The gentlemen I bought it from said it was all authentic. 

Comments

• TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Looks authentic when compared to the brickset database picture.
  • Vincent74allenVincent74allen Member Posts: 4
    Thanks alot.
  • Vincent74allenVincent74allen Member Posts: 4
    Any other comments? Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,786
    Looks legit. Why would you suspect it might not be real? To my knowledge, I'm not aware of any fake HP figs being produced.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,381
    This is a very common figure. I don't know why anyone would make any fake knockoffs of Harry Potter. Maybe some of the more expensive and rarer Harry Potter minifigures, but not this one. I'm sure it is fine.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,379
    Looks authentic. Ultimately most, if not all, LEGO pieces, either have 'LEGO' stamped on them somewhere or have a LEGO part number on them. As most counterfeits seem to be of new stuff, and Potter has been long gone, it is likely legit.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,259
    Should be authentic. It would not be worth someone's time to try to fake this minifigure, as it is very common and thus not worth very much. 

If you want definitive proof, LEGO should be stamped on the top of the torso neck (when you take off the head) and on the heels within the bottom of the feet on the legs.
    @samiam391 They didn't start putting LEGO inside the feet until recently and the CMF's don't have them at all; at least up to Series 12.
    edited February 2015
    Actually, I think the Lego Movie CMF's have only one foot stamped Lego and The Lego Movie Minifigures that came with sets have both feet stamped. Also, the CMF's haven't any paint on the torso peg where you place the head.
    edited February 2015
    My wife just got a Batgirl Keychain and the feet are no stamped at all. The Keychain is made in China and the Batgirl that comes with the Joker Steamroller is made in Denmark. Since you have ALL your CMF's out, can you verify the feet stampings? I know for sure the torso head pegs do not have ANY paint on them.
  • NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 444
    Ultimately most, if not all, LEGO pieces, either have 'LEGO' stamped on them somewhere or have a LEGO part number on them.
    There are quite a lot of bricks/parts that are not stamped. It drives me mad. (Not a problem if you buy new Lego, but try buying joblots of Lego...)