Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

bricklink / brickpicker partnership

CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,209
So it seems bricklink has signed a partnership deal with brickpicker. There will be links to brickpicker from BL pages. It's not clear to me how this will really help BL sellers, if anything it will drive set buyers to other selling sites. I wonder what BL management get from the deal.

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I noticed that too. Sweet deal for BP. I wonder if we will stop being able to access sales data on BL because that info will be rolled into the BP data. This would be a real blow as I am always comparing the 2 when pricing an old set. I wonder if a merger isnt in the works. Isnt BP now advertising to sell stuff?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,209
    Yes, brickpicker are doing their own marketplace. So quite why BL is going to have links pointing to it, I don't know. I guess they are copying eBay, advertising similar items off site on other sellers websites.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    It seems brick picker gain alot, (catalog data which should save alot of time creating their bricklink competing classifieds site, sales data from a LEGO specific site, everything they did seems to be solely based on ebay, more people having to register to be able to use the link on bricklink after you 5 views are up) all whilst putting a small link at the bottom of every list of stuff for sale.

Bricklink gains, a competitor?

Strange deal, but bricklink seems full of surprises at the moment.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,374
    A quick peek at both sites reveals no evidence of the link up that I could see - where did you guys get this info from?
    Andor
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Sounds like a merger or buyout, at least If what you say about the benifits all heading Brickpickers way.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2015
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10197-1

The link is under the Price Guide window.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,386
    It appears they're still pulling sales data through eBay, Amazon, etc., so perhaps having access to all of BL's sales data would actually deliver a more accurate pricing model for Brickpicker.

The new marketplace seems to be a complete duplication of BL's services. But it may not be cost effective to reformat BL's site to make things more user friendly? The user interface for the Brickpicker marketplace is very different and more eBayish.

Although their data for CMFs seems to be just terrible.
    ecmo47 said:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10197-1

The link is under the Price Guide window.

Ah - got you. Thanks!
    Andor
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,545
    The blinkered attitude of the BrickLinkers commenting on the announcement article in their forum beggars belief.

They don't seem to grasp that BrickPicker has some 40,000 members which until now could not see BrickLink prices etc. so were shopping elsewhere. Now they can see them as well as Amazon etc. so some will buy at BL instead.

I've had similar problems with them in the past, before the buyout, but now thankfully those in charge can see a bit further than the end of their nose.

BrickLink is big but it's not the centre of the LEGO buying universe despite what its members think.

As soon as BrickLink has a working affiliate scheme, which has been on the cards for some time but as far as I know is not yet implemented, I will be providing links to them, too.
    RonyardougtspharmjodAndorminicoopers11jasorevileddie1313
  • 19741974 Member Posts: 141
    That's funny Huw - Did you read the same thread as I did? BL often have prices significantly lower than other venues. This will not drive more buyers to BL, nor will it make other venues cheaper. It will make BL more expensive. First rule of capatalism and all that jazz.

That's what the fuss is all about. That and the user created database is now given free to BP .. and the slight technicality that's it's not allowed to advertise other venues at BL's forum. Plus again making drastic changes without consulting it's users

I don't care how many trillions Kim has, this is a different operation than taking over a gaming company. No BL users = no BL. Far fetched plans like MOC shop, this BP crap etc are driving users away from BL. There'd be no BO if BL users we're happy with the place, would there?

In fact it may drive a significantly portion of heavy BL contributors/traderrs to create their own site

And BL certainly is the center of the universe regarding certain segments of the LEGO trading, unless you can buy more used sets/parts on Venus or whatever

You seem to have a bug up your behind regarding BL, I wonder why is that?

Cheers,

Ole
    TLG may have more money and revenue than most small countries, but I often wonder why they don't indirectly venture into the after-market space. Although one could cite their non-profitable adventures in the late '90s into non-core merchandise as a good reason, a well-run Lego-exclusive after-market marketplace backed by their resources could be fantastic.

I also find their public database to be completely useless - thus why I'm a proud to be a part of Brickset and why I use the site to track my collection. (And also help contribute to updating certain aspects of the database that have holes.)

I rarely purchase anything on eBay - particularly anything with minifigures - because of the rampant listing of Leggo, Leego, Lleego, Legoo, etc., etc., from overseas that are clearly not genuine. And although I think we all find the ridiculous listing for some products on eBay entertaining, I'm sure there are those out there purchasing knock-offs believing them to be genuine. For the most part, Bricklink does a great job limiting that type of nonsense into their marketplace.

(As an aside, my kids like referring to non-Lego building products as "Le-goo".

Just my thoughts - but I certainly applaud all of the established sites coordinating and sharing information.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,500
    edited February 2015
    I do not think prices will go up on BL. Why? BL sellers are experienced and likely know what items go for already before posting. If these sellers wanted to sell on eBay or Amazon they would already, or are people trying to say that there are those that have heard of BL but not of Amazon, Brickpicker, or eBay? BP perhaps, but I doubt that they have no clue about what eBay or Amazon are.
    There are those that prefer to sell items via BL at the cost they post; they will always have people trying to sell for the lowest price they can while still making a profit. I'm not sure I see that changing any. I also do not see those flocking to eBay to sell their wares, unless BL fees go up to 15% (which is roughly what eBay fees are now).
    But ever Brickowl is going to be affected by this, maybe negatively if more people go to BL now because of the increased visibility. Will it make things better? who knows, but I also doubt it is going to make things any 'worse' than they are now.

I can see BL benefiting though only because while everyone who knows BL knows of eBay and Amazon, I doubt it is true of the reverse. This will generate more traffic to BL, and I see the only people 'hurt' by this being those that are buying cheap parts on BL or via Parts direct, to sell dearly on eBay to those who have not seen BL before or those trying to sell sets on Amazon for much more than on places like BL and eBay.

Of course all of this is just one layman's opinion and I'm sure others posting here are economic scholars
    Andor
    I doubt people that many people that buy on eBay or amazon are aware of brickpicker or bricklink. Or brickset or brickowl. All four are minnows compared to amazon for new and eBay for new and used.

I doubt prices will change because of it. BL is pretty cut throat these days, as prices are shaved away by those wanting a quick but small profit. Maybe if affiliate fees come in as people click through to BL, then this will increase prices by a few percent.

What does seem weird to me though, is why they would send buyers to a site with its own trading centre.
    edited February 2015
    1974 said:

BL often have prices significantly lower than other venues. This will not drive more buyers to BL, nor will it make other venues cheaper. It will make BL more expensive. First rule of capatalism and all that jazz.

How do you figure that? If Bricklink prices really are (a) cheaper than elsewhere, and (b) visible to people looking to invest in LEGO sets, why would buyers not venture there?

One of Bricklink's main limitations is the inaccessibility of its user interface, so you'd have thought that sellers at BL would be crying out for their wares to be advertised more widely, surely?
    Andor
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Bricklink isn;t known outside of LEGO circles and it's interface is awful!

I may be gormless but I've never heard of brickpicker before this article today!

I like Brickowl as it is slick and nice to use but no one uses it!

I hope this link up improves things for everyone
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited February 2015
    @Kevin_Hyatt Bricklink is a strange site, yes it looks awful and is hard to use at first. But once you get to know it, it is actually a really great site with lots of ways to look at the data and find what you are looking for. Obviously it still needs an update as I am sure they lose customers just but the look and difficulty in getting started.

As for Brickpicker I think I have been to the site once but that is about it. So don't know a huge amount about what they do.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,283
    Basta said:

As for Brickpicker I think I have been to the site once but that is about it. So don't know a huge amount about what they do.

I've visited the brickpicker forums once before too. After about a 5 minute stay, I began to feel that I was being attacked by a horde of emojis, so I left.

Bumblepants
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 490
    Maybe it's just that the BrickLink design dates from the same period when I got started on the Internet, but I've never found the site difficult to use, and I do appreciate its detailed inventories and price history information. I also enjoy its' feeling of being a community of hobbyists, and I'd hate to see BL change the way eBay has over the last decade or so. Sometimes bigger isn't entirely better....
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 946
    It seems to me that BP's listed values lag behind what BL shows.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    edited February 2015
    Huw said:

The blinkered attitude of the BrickLinkers commenting on the announcement article in their forum beggars belief.

They don't seem to grasp that BrickPicker has some 40,000 members which until now could not see BrickLink prices etc. so were shopping elsewhere. Now they can see them as well as Amazon etc. so some will buy at BL instead.

BrickPicker is full of hack resellers. They don't purchase on BL, they buy from big box at a discount. BP got the best of this deal by a mile by redirecting BL traffic to BP new classifieds site. This was an awful business decision on the part of BL. I hope they got a boatload of cash but something tells me they got nothing.

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    I have been a member of Bricklink since 2001 and its user interface has changed very little since then.

I have been on Brickpicker a few times and only once in the forums. They must let anyone on their site because I quickly got annoyed and left. I have nothing against Brickpicker or its owners, but the people that use the site have a lot to be desired. I fully expect someone from Brickpicker to comment eventually. Hopefully he doesn't go off on us like he did a few weeks ago in this forum.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    To be fair I believe the owners of BP are genuine lego fans. The issue is the majority of their user base is not. I don't have a problem with that either. It just baffles me why BL which is held in high regard within the lego community would even contemplate slumming it with BP. As far as I can tell this will just tarnish the BL name and they will lose sales to BP and other sites BP redirects to. Either a good amount of cash changed hands or the new owners of BL are completely clueless.
    pharmjoddougtsBumblepants
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,887
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure you can say the majority of brick pickers fans aren't genuine LEGO fans. I essentially see the same people post on here all the time. Most of them appear to be fans. I also essentially see the same people on brick picker post all the time. Many of not most of them also seem to be fans. Who knows what the lurkers think.

I do know I buy A LOT of LEGO and I never use bricklink. The format just irritates me honestly. Perhaps I should give it another chance but I haven't had the need yet.
    I got the distinct impression that the BP prices were tied closer to the eBay data.
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    edited February 2015
    I still don't get the crying here nor on the BL forum regarding this change. It's a link on each site. Very subtle. Will only change the mind of a VERY discerning buyer. And I see that directing MORE buyers to BL rather than away. Who using BL doesn't know that amazon and ebay exist? Who using amazon and ebay don't know BL exists? This is a win for BL and BP.
    BrickDancer
    I joined bp quite a while ago, mainly out of interest to see what it is about, but rarely use it these days. I got the impression that just about everyone on the forums where there for investing rather than interest in Lego. It seemed to me that if you talk about building there it is akin to talking about reselling here. Just about tolerated, but do it in the allowed area.

I cannot see BP users using BL. At least, not as buyers. As noted above they are mainly aggressive purchasers (as in large quantity, often large discount) looking to offload stock at best price. Having BL integrated data will be useful to them. They might even become BL sellers if they see they can get more by going through BL. Maybe that is what BL wants, more sellers since that means more profit, right? Forgetting that you still need buyers to buy from the sellers.
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    I use BL and BP frequently. You got all walks of Lego collector/investor there. From the full-time online seller pros who have no personal interest in lego besides profit to the non-sellers who are regularly bricklinking missing pieces from sets bought in Craigslist lots and just hunting for good deals for their own collection. And literally everything in between and every possible combination thereof.
    evileddie1313
    I don't see Brickpicker users buying on Bricklink either. I am amazed that anyone that is into Lego doesn't know about Bricklink or Brickpicker.
    goshe7pharmjod
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 721
    Speaking of the Bricklink interface - today after three years I finally figured out that the second row of tabs were "subtabs" to the main one selected.  LOL.  I have to get into the right mood to make a large, multi-store buy there.  Split screen with Brickstock open, multiple tabs with Bricklink store carts open in my browser .... it is a dance and an art form.
    Andorjasor
  • evileddie1313evileddie1313 Member Posts: 126
    edited February 2015
    Pitfall69 said:
    I have been a member of Bricklink since 2001 and its user interface has changed very little since then. I have been on Brickpicker a few times and only once in the forums. They must let anyone on their site because I quickly got annoyed and left. I have nothing against Brickpicker or its owners, but the people that use the site have a lot to be desired. I fully expect someone from Brickpicker to comment eventually. Hopefully he doesn't go off on us like he did a few weeks ago in this forum.
    Out of respect to Huw and Dr. Dave, my brother Jeff nor I would ever "go off" on anyone on Brickset.  I usually post when someone attacks my site without cause.  The people who use BrickPicker are no different than those here, or Bricklink, or Eurobricks.  In fact, many read all the forums, but may have one particular favorite "go to" site that they prefer.  Are there some overenthusiastic resellers on BrickPicker?  Sure, but the vast majority of members are LEGO fans first.  They just care about finding good deals and sharing information.  

As for our Bricklink deal, it is a situation that we have tried to implement for years.  We always valued their price data and knew it would benefit LEGO fans to have both eBay and Bricklink sales data on one site.  The interaction between the two sites will inform LEGO fans and will help those sellers who charge fair prices.  Many BrickPicker members have stores on Bricklink, so there is a definite connection on many levels.  As with any new situation, people will find reasons to complain, but we hope this is a positive for all LEGO fans, resellers or not.  Thank you.
    roxiodrdavewatfordHuwjasonord69atiminchicagoRonyarsklamb1265minicoopers11
    The people who use BrickPicker are no different than those here, or Bricklink, or Eurobricks.  In fact, many read all the forums, but may have one particular favorite "go to" site that they prefer.  Are there some overenthusiastic resellers on BrickPicker?  Sure, but the vast majority of members are LEGO fans first.  They just care about finding good deals and sharing information. 

I'm not so sure that people are the same at the three sites. In my view, eurobricks members tend to be more MOC oriented but also set collectors and a minority of resellers, Brickset members tend to be less MOC and more about sets, again with a little reselling, whereas brickpicker tends to be more reselling focussed and less about what the product actually is, more that it is a commodity. I'm not saying that any one is better or worse, but there are very different vibes from the three sites.
    TXLegoguyaimlesspursuitsmadforLEGO
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited February 2015
    'The people who use BrickPicker are no different than those here, or Bricklink, or Eurobricks.'

Just popped over, most recent forum post 'What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?'

Yep, sounds like they really are LEGO fans first and don't just see it as a commodity. ~sigh~ As has been said, thats fine and I for one am really really happy that brickpicker exists but the idea that they're no different is nonsense.

As for the deal, everyone on brickpicker probably knows about bricklink, the reverse is almost certainyly not true. When people see that bricklink prices are below ebay prices (assuming they are) that might push some buyers to bricklink which may help, but probably not much. Either way, it seems a great deal for Brickpicker so well done there.

TXLegoguy
    @evileddie1313 , as I said in my comment; I have nothing against you or your website :)

Maybe, I took your reaction to comments against you and your site wrong. I tend to "read between the lines" quite a bit, but when you say "I have more completed sets in my office than you will ever buy" to one of Brickset's forum members, it sounds pompous.
    TXLegoguyTheLoneTensor
    edited February 2015
    Pitfall69 said:
    @evileddie1313 , as I said in my comment; I have nothing against you or your website

Maybe, I took your reaction to comments against you and your site wrong. I tend to "read between the lines" quite a bit, but when you say "I have more completed sets in my office than you will ever buy" to one of Brickset's forum members, it sounds pompous.
    I am pompous  ;).  I think the comment was from the early days when we were defending the site daily and I just wanted to tell people that I do love LEGO bricks.  I do think there is a lot of people who visit all the sites.  Your one thread on this site is all about EOL dates and secondary market prices and it could be your busiest thread, so I know people here care about that sort of thing.  It's all good.  We are just trying to find our niche.
    edited February 2015
    Your one thread on this site is all about EOL dates and secondary market prices and it could be your busiest thread, so I know people here care about that sort of thing.  It's all good.  We are just trying to find our niche.
    It is probably the busiest since that is the focus for all reselling talk in one place (as well as people asking about dates as they are collectors wanting to get something before it goes EOL), although reselling talk is not the dominant factor for being on this forum. The actual numbers of posts to the reseller thread compared to every other more general thread is fairly low. Of course, it also spills out into shopping threads and marketplace threads too. Most people here are collectors some of which dabble in reselling on varying scales.

I'm a member of all three brickset, eurobricks and brickpicker (and BL and BO too), and get the feeling it is the other way around on your site. Most people seem to be there for the selling, and some dabble in building. It may even be that the same person comes across as a collector / builder here, but a reseller there as that is what the forums tend to dictate.

Maybe brickpicker and brickset need a partnership, and the reseller thread gets shifted over ... :-)
    CCC said:
    Your one thread on this site is all about EOL dates and secondary market prices and it could be your busiest thread, so I know people here care about that sort of thing.  It's all good.  We are just trying to find our niche.
    It is probably the busiest since that is the focus for all reselling talk in one place (as well as people asking about dates as they are collectors wanting to get something before it goes EOL), although reselling talk is not the dominant factor for being on this forum. The actual numbers of posts to the reseller thread compared to every other more general thread is fairly low. Of course, it also spills out into shopping threads and marketplace threads too. Most people here are collectors some of which dabble in reselling on varying scales.

I'm a member of all three brickset, eurobricks and brickpicker (and BL and BO too), and get the feeling it is the other way around on your site. Most people seem to be there for the selling, and some dabble in building. It may even be that the same person comes across as a collector / builder here, but a reseller there as that is what the forums tend to dictate.

Maybe brickpicker and brickset need a partnership, and the reseller thread gets shifted over ... :-)
    There is no doubt that Brickpicker's thread lean heavily towards investing and reselling, while Brickset and Eurobricks is about collecting and building.  But it is my belief that most members of BrickPicker are LEGO fans first.  Many members don't even resell...including myself.  Some resell to support their LEGO hobby.  Some members are hardcore, vocal resellers and they might be the ones that offend traditional LEGO enthusiasts.  Hopefully, Brickset members who want to know what their sets are worth on the LEGO secindary market will appreciate both Bricklink's and our eBay data in one place.    

As for a partnership with Huw and Brickset, it would be a dream come true.  Huw and Dr. Dave are great guys who help us all the time.  They are top notch individuals.  
    sklambpharmjod
    "Huw and Dr. Dave are great guys who help us all the time.  They are top notch individuals."

Truer words have never been spoken ;)
    Railsevileddie1313Rainstorm26Shib
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,545
    :-)

I am discussing this very thing with Jeff as we speak...
    evileddie1313
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    The people who use BrickPicker are no different than those here, or Bricklink, or Eurobricks.  

They just care about finding good deals and sharing information.  
    These are the two key points for me.  There are a lot of common users among all the LEGO sites.  BrickPicker is hands down the best site at present for finding good deals and sharing that info.  

I disagree with the use of subjective criteria to attempt to validate anyone's participation in any of these sites.  As far as I'm concerned, profit-focused resellers, "surplus" resellers, pure-of-heart LEGO lovers, MOC builders, builders of only LEGO sets per instructions, MISB collectors, rare/unique collectors, minifig collectors, enthusiastic parents, kragle enthusiasts, etc. can all participate in any of these sites as it fits their interests as long as they adhere to the site rules and standards of conduct.

sklambpharmjod
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    Never forget, mergers of any kind bring new rules for users... and often see older rules, created by users when systems are being developed, removed under the premise of corporate integration.

As you all talk about what is good or bad, just remember that the new 'masters" of Bricklink started their tenure by sending lawsuits to Brickowl and others for using part descriptions and systems that originated on other sites and within the core loving community of early Bricklink.

Bricklink is outdated, in terms of coding. A total reboot is needed, and can be speaded up through mergers. In the end, the question of "what rights that existed for those who helped build bricklink will be lost" to the authority of "merger" remains.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,412
    Yeah. I see all sorts of bad coming from these mergers.
    Hopefully, Brickset members who want to know what their sets are worth on the LEGO secindary market will appreciate both Bricklink's and our eBay data in one place.    
    I assume the partnership was a direct result of my BrickFolio value being less now than last update.  Nonetheless, I welcome the partnership.
    1265 said:
    Hopefully, Brickset members who want to know what their sets are worth on the LEGO secindary market will appreciate both Bricklink's and our eBay data in one place.    
    I assume the partnership was a direct result of my BrickFolio value being less now than last update.  Nonetheless, I welcome the partnership.
    No, there were some sets that were not updated properly going back months ago.  Jeff ran all the data again.  When you start dealing with tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of auctions that have to be aggregated monthly, there could be errors.  Also, the eBay Terepeak data is not always perfect and needs to be resent at times.  
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Nothing spells the end of a social thread more than diving into tactical architecture :)
    jasor
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2015
    There is no doubt that Brickpicker's thread lean heavily towards investing and reselling, while Brickset and Eurobricks is about collecting and building.  But it is my belief that most members of BrickPicker are LEGO fans first.  Many members don't even resell...including myself.  Some resell to support their LEGO hobby.  Some members are hardcore, vocal resellers and they might be the ones that offend traditional LEGO enthusiasts.  Hopefully, Brickset members who want to know what their sets are worth on the LEGO secindary market will appreciate both Bricklink's and our eBay data in one place.    

As for a partnership with Huw and Brickset, it would be a dream come true.  Huw and Dr. Dave are great guys who help us all the time.  They are top notch individuals.  
    I've never visited BP, but use BL all the time. How will you get a decent compairison price between ebay and BL? It's easy to see the total cost (price plus shipping) from eBay, but BL you don't get the shipping cost included in the price data.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,261
    I like that in the debate about why different people use different sites (and I don't disagree with any of the above comments) I think a prime reason was oft missed. The user interface.
    It's actually the second biggest reason why I use brickset more than any other website (inc email, twitter and Facebook if you count the forum) with the biggest being the people. 
    I occasionally use Eurobricks, but the layout is a bit too busy and the mods are a bit ott in my opinion. I signed up to brick picker but just could not get on with the layout. It's a very busy layout in my eyes and any time I've tried to use it I just feel lost. Granted I don't think I could put a site together half as well but it's just not for me.

It's definitely true that each of the sites has a certain crowd, and while they overlap, Brickpicker selling itself as an 'investor's' website will obviously draw more of a reseller crowd, brickset - with it's awesome cataloguing system - is bound to draw more collectors interested in sets as sold by Lego. Eurobricks posting of MOCs on their landing page makes them an ideal place for builders. 

There's definitely room for all of them and a home for anyone in the AFOL community. 
    roxiodougtsscrumper
    Tevans333 said:

I've never visited BP, but use BL all the time. How will you get a decent compairison price between ebay and BL? It's easy to see the total cost (price plus shipping) from eBay, but BL you don't get the shipping cost included in the price data.
    BrickPicker prices do not include shipping costs.  While they may be factored into some sales as "Free Shipping," the prices on our site are without shipping costs included.  The fact of the matter is that LEGO sets sell for higher prices on eBay and Amazon than on Bricklink for multiple reasons.  Traffic.  Consumer confidence.  Consumer laziness.    Amazon and eBay also include guarantees that sites like Bricklink cannot offer, so prices have to be higher to make up for the higher commission structure.   
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I get what you're saying, I honestly do, but I can't help but feel that this thread is slowly turning into a BP promotional thread (read as commercial).

This is coming from someone who likes seeing BP successfully doing what it set out to do.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    ^This thread seems to be right on target with the origin.  Questioning "what does BP have to offer BL" is an open invitation for one to argue and explain the merits of BP. 
    edited March 2015
    1265 said:
    No, there were some sets that were not updated properly going back months ago.  Jeff ran all the data again.  When you start dealing with tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of auctions that have to be aggregated monthly, there could be errors.  Also, the eBay Terepeak data is not always perfect and needs to be resent at times.  
    Here's an error....just checked my brickfolio and was surprised it jumped so much in value.  Then I looked, my most valuable set was #2855044 at $10000.  It's a shame I didn't buy more.