Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Walmart store pickup stickers on box

I just picked up two sets that I ordered online at a local Walmart because they didn't cost enough to give me free shipping. When they were brought out from the back, they both had really large stickers with my name and the order information on them. Trying to take them off resulted in my tearing off a huge section of the printing from the box. Are those normal for Walmart?? If so, I'll have to seriously rethink ordering anything to be picked up in store.

Comments

• RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 369
    Not to clutter up my own thread intentionally, but one additional Walmart question. What happens to a set if you return it to a Walmart that already discounted that particular set and doesn't carry it anymore? I know of one Walmart that has marked #70807 Metalbeard's Duel down to $11, but of course they don't have any in stock. If someone returned a set there, would they price it at $11? Would it show up in their inventory system so that I would see there was one there? I hate chasing Lego deals at multiple stores all the time, so I'm trying to figure out if i can rely on the various online and mobile tools to tell me when a set appears at a store with low listed prices, but I just don't know how accurate the systems are.
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 173
    edited February 2015
    As to comment #1, I saw a Walmart pickup label stuck on a LEGO box on the store display shelf. I guess he didn't pick it up so they put it back on the shelf with the huge sticker label including the persons name. I scanned it to see if was marked down but it came up full price.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Yes, my Walmarts usually attach big stickers with my name and order number on the box. It's very annoying. If it's the newer glossy box type, you can have good results removing them with the use of a heat gun or blowdryer to loosen the glue.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 369
    @rocao thanks for the tip!  I'll try that next time I break down and order something!  (Which might be soon with clearance pricing going on...)