Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,070
    Nice!
  • mrbradfordmrbradford Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 45
    nice, but very different from the original white boba fett :)
    samiam391Pitfall69
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 694
    Sweet! After the last couple of disappointing figures on the DK books, this is something to look forward to!
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    Hm, I do have a book token from Christmas, but I feel this is kinda cheating...
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Different...yes, but awesome to add if you have the original white boba... most certainly!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,446

I book token? What's that?

I have a Tolkien Book ;)

carlqrancorbaitBumblepantsAndorLegoKipscrumperAdeelZubair

Maybe his wife/mom/friend promised to buy him a book and this is that "token". My wife told me I should start reading, I told her she should start packing ;)
    BobflipReesesPieces
    Well, @Legoboy‌ , looks like we are buying another book :)

Love the minifigure. Boba Fett in the white prototype armor has been hot in the last year or so. It is only fitting the Lego joined in on the fun :)

Below is Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 scale figure and Hasbro's Walgreens Exclusive Black box figure:

Looks like the pictures are still not working properly :(
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    I guess you guys don't have book tokens in 'Murica. Here in Britain, we have a specific kind of gift voucher that can only be used in bookshops, and it's relatively common to receive one from a well-meaning relative who thinks you need to improve yourself. ;-)

And, uh, @BACbrix - I don't have a wife. Least, not that I'm aware of...
    BACbrixAndor

I guess you guys don't have book tokens in 'Murica. Here in Britain, we have a specific kind of gift voucher that can only be used in bookshops, and it's relatively common to receive one from a well-meaning relative who thinks you need to improve yourself. ;-)

And, uh, @BACbrix - I don't have a wife. Least, not that I'm aware of...

Us Mericans don't read lol. I am married to Legos then my wife. Priorities
    Andor
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    This looks great!
    Andor
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I was just thinking about white Boba Fett today and now I could actually obtain him inexpensively!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I wonder how much this will impact the original White Boba's pricing, which is currently around $70 for new/sealed poly and $50 open/loose.

I wonder how much this will impact the original White Boba's pricing, which is currently around $70 for new/sealed poly and $50 open/loose.

I think the value could possibly go up because people are like wow this is an awesome minifigure I would love to have the one before it. Also the white boba from 2010 I believe is exclusive. This one is in a book for probably around 20$ at most so yeah it wont hurt it much if at all.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,418
    BACbrix said:

I think the value could possibly go up because people are like wow this is an awesome minifigure I would love to have the one before it. Also the white boba from 2010 I believe is exclusive. This one is in a book for probably around 20$ at most so yeah it wont hurt it much if at all.
    Hm... I'd have to disagree. People who have always wanted a white boba will see this as an adequate replacement for the previous one.

In the mindset of most people... Once you've got one white boba fett, you've got them all.
    BACbrix
    samiam391 said:

BACbrix said:

Hm... I'd have to disagree. People who have always wanted a white boba will see this as an adequate replacement for the previous one.

In the mindset of most people... Once you've got one white boba fett, you've got them all.
    I see your perspective and who knows. Maybe I am a rare collector but any variant that comes out I immediately have to snatch it. Any association to Star Wars is pretty much a given for me so maybe I was biased. Thanks for the input and I would hate to see it go down expeditiously however only because I may or may not probably definately possibly not yes have 13 White Boba polybags.... I am obsessive.
    BACbrix said:

samiam391 said:

BACbrix said:

I see your perspective and who knows. Maybe I am a rare collector but any variant that comes out I immediately have to snatch it. Any association to Star Wars is pretty much a given for me so maybe I was biased. Thanks for the input and I would hate to see it go down expeditiously however only because I may or may not probably definately possibly not yes have 13 White Boba polybags.... I am obsessive.
    Which proves my point actually.

Any star wars collector most likely already has the other white boba fett polybag. Those who do not, will be satisfied with the new one that is about to come out.
    samiam391 said:

BACbrix said:

samiam391 said:

BACbrix said:

Which proves my point actually.

Any star wars collector most likely already has the other white boba fett polybag. Those who do not, will be satisfied with the new one that is about to come out.
    True lol good point.
    samiam391 said:

BACbrix said:

I agree that most people will see this as an adequate replacement, but I will disagree about the value going down on the polybag version. I have not seen any price drop in the Cloud City Boba Fett and there have been a few better variants released since then.

Pitfall69 said:

samiam391 said:

BACbrix said:

I agree that most people will see this as an adequate replacement, but I will disagree about the value going down on the polybag version. I have not seen any price drop in the Cloud City Boba Fett and there have been a few better variants released since then.

I never said the price would drop. I just said it wouldn't go up.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    It´s cool, but... We have a white Boba Fett. A white Boba Fett is nice for display BUT otherwise it´s quite useless. I can hardly think anything I could do with it. A video? Not. A MOC? Not. Add it to my lego star wars armies? Not. Sell it? Not. It´s not going to be worth much, we´ve seen that before with the other minifigs from lego books.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    That's a book that they better keep behind the desk. To prevent the temptation of theft, DK should mail you your minifig with proof of purchase.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,296
    ecmo47 said:

To prevent the temptation of theft, DK should mail you your minifig with proof of purchase.

And increase the cost of the book to cover postage?

Better than a bunch of books with no minifig.......but then you could use the same logic for any Lego sets. So lets just pray that the angel over your shoulder talks louder than the devil.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,477
    edited February 2015
    TarDomo said:

It´s cool, but... We have a white Boba Fett. A white Boba Fett is nice for display BUT otherwise it´s quite useless. I can hardly think anything I could do with it. A video? Not. A MOC? Not. Add it to my lego star wars armies? Not. Sell it? Not. It´s not going to be worth much, we´ve seen that before with the other minifigs from lego books.

Or you know for kids to play with. I know its the sort of figure that makes a lot of hardcore star wars fans go 'ooh' but lets not forget that while a lot of these will end up in the hands of minifigure collectors (who don't mind they serve no greater purpose than sitting on a shelf/in a display case) an equal or greater amount will end up with in kid's toy boxes, where they might never even be boba fett to that child.

Personally I like it, the books always get a bit of a discount fairly quick so I'm sure that one will end up in my collection before too long.
    ecmo47 said:

That's a book that they better keep behind the desk. To prevent the temptation of theft, DK should mail you your minifig with proof of purchase.

While I know what you mean, I've seen a great many books with the figures stolen, this is the responsibility of the shop not the publisher. To be fair I've also seen ones without figs reduced by about £2 while ones with figs are on a sale price of about 75% off because some shops really don't understand their own stock.
    ^ Yes, you can bet that they will not understand this one. The "Free-bee" is more valuable than the product.