Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Target spring markdown

Comments

• RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 359
    @Thanos75 - I've been playing around with the Brickseek site that has Walmart store pricing, and it really does appear that the area around New Orleans has some of the best discounts in the country.  (It can be sadly fascinating looking at various parts of the country to see what stores are selling Lego for.)   I have found other areas that discount fairly steeply, but in the New Orleans area the stores appear to still have the items in stock at the low prices, where they appear to sell out quickly in most other places.  I've only been looking over the last week or so, but I am starting to understand how you have been able to find such amazing deals!  Sorry to hear about your missing home though.  I live a long distance from the rest of my family, and I do wish we were all closer together.  I'd just rather have them move this direction! 
    Thanos75
  • Niles87Niles87 Member Posts: 26
    I used the online Target Price checker thingy that was posted and got #79014 Dol Guldur Battle for 50% off. The price listed on the shelf was normal and there was no sticker on the box. A lot of sets were like this at this particular Target, yet when scanned at a price checker, it showed the discounted price. Even sets that have been known to be on sale were not stickered either. I like the tool and hopefully it continues to be a help in the future.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Found the Steamroller and X-Men sets at $25 this morning at the one area Target that site showed them as being in stock at. (In Madison, WI)

Dropship was not marked down in store. Forgot to scan it to see if it was different in the system, but the others had been re-tagged.
  • afireinsideafireinside MichiganMember Posts: 38
    Well because of the computer issues this morn i was able to get the cashier to adjust a bennys spaceship to $49.99 because my phone said thats what their store price was supposed to be.
    fenderbender336
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Why are they matching this site it is not a target site. Some item were right some not. But it is surprising to me that target is matching this site.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I'm still surprised at how the inventory wasn't matching up. Price was right on some, wrong on others. Maybe it was due to timing with the system and when I was there, but they weren't scanning at lower prices either. But the few sets I wanted that the site said were available in multiple quantities were nowhere to be seen.

The few sets I did grab I may have to take back due to overspending on my part. Other bills take precedence.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Odd..Targets website says they will only give return price if clearance items are returned if items are discounted further/all clearance sales final.
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Just left Target and the price website was off completely. Not complaining dont get me wrong but unfortunately I thought it was too good to be true considering my battle packs are still 14.99 :/ lol although I went 40 miles to a target a week ago and got amazing deals. Go figure I guess work pays off but gas doesnt haha
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    Scored a Sentinel set and a Joker set in Cincinnati.  Not a re-seller, so there are plenty left for everyone.  The site turned out to be fairly accurate, but not in terms of inventory.  It is also just a matter of waiting for the staff to make the adjustment during the day.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited February 2015
    ^ Inventory probably isn't real time, but when I checked about 2 hours after I had purchased sets from a store, it was already updated to reflect my activity.
    pharmjodmadforLEGO
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    Yeah one thing I had noticed was that the inventory went down at least one set in the day, so that triggered me to go check.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    What site is everyone referring to?  I've been using the inventory on Brickseek and it was spot on today...inventory and price.  There was even a #76016 SH Spider Helicopter on clearance for $38.24...which seem really odd.  Especially since it's not much of a clearance and that article on AOL/Huffington Post said that an item that ends in a "4" at Target means it won't drop and further/last markdown.  Especially since other Targets already have it lower but it's the exact price/quantity Brickseek said it was.
    I only went to one store today, but it was accurate for both the price and inventory. The fyndly website was showing a reduction to the 50% level a few days earlier so, in my case, it was true that the Target API was showing the next impending price, which actually kicks in once the product is scanned by an employee on markdown day.
    As for my haul, I came away with two cartloads of Police Dropships and Steamrollers and still left a bunch behind. I'm kind of curious what the story is behind all this clearance stock because many stores have 20+ and I don't think they carried so many copies of these sets prior to the clearance.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2015
    ^^
    Sounds like a BP type of guy. :)
    A BP type of guy would follow up the trip report by asking what it was that he just bought ;)
    pharmjodbinaryeyeBrickarmor
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    I hate clicking on the Fyndly link because the first thing I see is The Lonely Mountain for $38.98  :#
    rocao
    Has anyone found The Hobbit Dol Guldur Battle for 50% off?  There's a Target not too far from me that shows four in stock but at 35%.  I'm not willing to bite until it hits 50%, but honestly I haven't actually seen this set at Target ever.  

There are 24 stores within 50 miles of me. At the beginning of this week, 23 of them showed no stock and all were at full price. One store had stock, and in an amazing stroke of luck, it was the only one that was at the 50% off level.

So to answer your question: yes, I found some :)
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    Scored a Steam Roller for $24.99 tonight! Pretty pumped. It was a great build- tons of transparent pieces!

Isn't there a way to tell in the codes on the price tags if the item will be marked down any further? I would pick one up as an investment of it goes any lower than $25...
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96

^ well that explains why I could not find any. ha ha. I visited 2 target today and 1 was correct on the inventory but not the price on the steamroller but the other target was correct on both for each set I looked at. I did manage to get 1 steamroller adjusted down to the 50% off by showing them the app and what it was supposed to be. I asked the manager if they would adjust the rest if I bought them all but they would not. I only grabbed 1 dropship for my personal collection.

I did also find some of the new hobbit sets on clearance so I got a few copies of them.

• canuhandle23canuhandle23 Member Posts: 104
    Today bought 15 steam rollers (25 dollars) since i think i should easily make 40 to 50 of each in the future since I dont beleive many sets will have BAtman's son and Batgirl in them. ALso grabbed about 4 dropships (40) since I dont have much confidence in that one. Then I bought the last 3 TMNT subs that were 29.99 still decideing if I will keep those since Im not as familiar with the line ( even though I know I will give one to my nephew since he loves the turtles.

Waiting for the hobbit to lower and I assume the agents will be 50% off next week since tons of product is just sitting on all the shelfs.

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    I picked up 10 steam rollers at $25 and 5 dropships for $40 each.  My 3 most convenient Targets all still have a bunch of clearance stuff not down to 50% yet so I'll be keeping an eye on them.
    BrickDancer
    It definitely is linked to location. Sets are selling well at 30% off here, so I haven't been able to see any 50% yet. The whole agents line is gone. Tmnt and lego movie sets gone. No dropships at all. They do have the steamroller, but it was still 30% when I looked today.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    Well, I only bought 3 Steamrollers at 30% and 5 at 50%. There was NOTHING else at both Targets. I am still on the fence on how these are going to do after they retire.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    ^ With how many seem to be out there at all the targets and tons of people gobbling them up at $25, I think it will be a slow climb back to RRP in the aftermarket.  I bought mine to part out.  I only do a few each of the larger exclusives for resale.  When I get some down time I'll be going through my inventory and parting out some of the random crap that I was buying up at 50% clearance thinking they'd resell well.  
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    edited February 2015
    Totally. Market is saturated with so many sets, I'm second guessing the Steam Roller. The Target I went to had 56 of them listed for 50% off in the app but saw half of them on the shelves (assuming the rest were in the backroom). There's about 200 of the Steam Rollers at 50% off within a 40 minute drive in my area. I walked out with only 4 dropships.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Meanwhile, at the nearest TG to me, the steamroller is at full price (I scanned).  Not even a 15% discount, sigh.
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    edited February 2015
    null
    @mathew
    I just saw Dol Guldur a couple days ago at %50
    BACbrix
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    @Solarious Lucky I like mathew cannot buy it at 30% so have been waiting for 50%. Hey did you run those errands? :D
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    I might very well tomorrow but in situations like this I honestly prefer trade over cash
    I'm not a reseller by any means but I'm always on the lookout for new parts
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Great story @Odindusk!

(grabs coat and heads out the door to nearest Target)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    Odindusk said:
    I casually (excitedly) shoved 3x of them into my cart, leaving 1x behind as is my clearance custom. Karma, or whatever. Let at least one more person feel the thrill.

I like that custom. If I ever am fortunate enough to stumble upon LEGO clearance, I think I'll copy it.
    Odinduskjuggles7
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Today was a good day. Found Battle for Ninjago City for $60.....really looking forward to building it. I also found Bennys Spaceship for $49....still passed on it. I know I'm in the minority but even at that price the set still does nothing for me.
    Thanos75 said:
    Today was a good day. Found Battle for Ninjago City for $60.....really looking forward to building it. I also found Bennys Spaceship for $49....still passed on it. I know I'm in the minority but even at that price the set still does nothing for me.
    @Thanos75 ;
    I've been ripping apart Target and Walmart stores looking for a Benny's at that price. *sigh... the promised land.
    Thanos75 said:

Benny's Spaceship is a great build but it's huge and takes up a lot of space.  It's also a little too funky looking for me to display long term.  Like the rest of TLM sets I think it will look dated in a few years after the thrill is gone.
    Thanos75
    It's so nice when me and Mathew agree on something... Lol. Classic space was never my thing. I have always been a Fort Legoredo kind of guy.
    gmonkey76
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    edited February 2015
    Love classic space, but as the ship is using A LOT of stickers I do not see it as a really sought after piece for me, though I think my gf would love to find a spaceship for only 50 (or less) somewhere sadly all seem to be long gone in the area from the looks of things
    Thanos75 said:
    It's so nice when me and Mathew agree on something... Lol. Classic space was never my thing. I have always been a Fort Legoredo kind of guy.

Well there is disagreement concerning classic space ; )
    I personally love classic space. And I like Benny's Spaceship.
    It's just a little over the top for my tastes and it doesn't fit anywhere on a shelf without the wings over hanging.  There are a lot of cool parts to it that makes it worth picking up for someone who is into classic space.   I prefer the Futuron color scheme however.
    Love classic space, but as the ship is using A LOT of stickers I do not see it as a really sought after piece for me, though I think my gf would love to find a spaceship for only 50 (or less) somewhere sadly all seem to be long gone in the area from the looks of things

Yeah the stickers kind of suck.  I think if they would have printed most of the other parts (like Classic Space) it would raise the value of the set ten-fold.
    Odindusk
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    @samiam391 - check your inbox.  Maybe I can help you out ;)
  • ElkkthunderElkkthunder Member Posts: 47
    Grabbed some dropships at $40

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    I wonder if the Target inventories include returns and/or damaged items that are not to go out on shelves...
    Sentinel marked down $7, Steamroller marked down $15... few agents sets with 15% discounts.

For those of you who aren't finding any good deals and are feeling slightly disappointed... you aren't alone.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I managed to get the steamroller for 24.98 but that was the best sale that any of our local targets have done. The target where we had moved from had massive discounts but they are all sold out according to fyndly.
    Pitfall69
    I found the brickseeker and fyndly apps to both be pretty accurate. The number on hand at each store was off by one or two but the price was accurate. Before I would travel to a store I would compare both apps. If both showed an item in stock then I felt a bit more secure in taking the drive. I do wish they were a bit more like the Wal-Mart app in the way that you can check each store and see all the stock instead of having to enter a dpci number . It's just a much slower process.
    I used the brickseek wal-mart section and it seemed to work well. Found a few with lower prices than the other day when I checked. Too bad I don't get to WM very often.

The Target brickseek section worked for quantities. The fyndly seemed to show different quantities at times, but I wonder how often each one is refreshed?
  • QuentinBrickQuentinBrick STLMember Posts: 21
    I picked up Benny's Spaceship ($49) at a NOVA Target and another $25 steamroller, the fyndly app was spot on for price (at the manual scanner on the IPhone, as the sticker was wrong), but the inventory was off, they had it listed at 1 available, but had three (Benny's).
    ReesesPieces
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    I was purposefully avoiding this thread since I know from experience what it leads to. When I read it though and saw the discounts on The Super Secret Drop-ship, I had to go looking for one. I only had to go to 2 Targets to find one though at 50% off to boot. 

They had loads of the Joker set but I passed on them. That set must have really bombed. Resale value will be zero on that one. I am getting close to a half a million pieces now and don't want my last remaining space cluttered with sets I won't touch.