Upcoming Sales at TRU.. What can a buyer expect?

CountryboyCountryboy Member Posts: 36
edited October 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
I was able to take advantage of a couple of really good BOGO 50% over the course of the summer for some larger sets and was wondering if folks in the know whether or not such sales will re-appear anytime soon? Does TRU or Target (Or even Walmart for that matter) routinely follow sale type patterns?

There's an ever growing list of $100+ sets that i want to acquire but cannot stomach paying full price when i know they will go on sale eventually :)

Off topic, however can anyone tell me why the PetShop modular is not available at TRU? I have yet to see it online, even though FB and GE are there....

Cheers,

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    It seems like TRU is having a sale every other week sometimes... :)
  • CountryboyCountryboy Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2011
    This is oh so true :) It's actually sometimes hard to keep up!!!

However the most beneficial to the buyer is the BOGO imo. I guess i should have been more specific... Does anyone know when's the next BOGO 50% :)

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I thought I read a credible rumor that next week will be $25 off purchases over $100. If true, that's about the same as BOGO 50% for $100 items - except you don't need to purchase multiples (which is getting to be difficult with TRU's new on-line policies).
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    LEGO Direct set are not released to retailer websites right away, if at all. That being said, I'd expect the PetShop to show up in a few months.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    I have never seen any of the modular buildings or any of the large sets (like the Maersk Train or Tower Bridge) at my TRU. So having the large sets may be TRU specific.
  • CountryboyCountryboy Member Posts: 36
    They are online. I bought both my modulars this way.
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    I have never seen any of the modular buildings or any of the large sets (like the Maersk Train or Tower Bridge) at my TRU. So having the large sets may be TRU specific.
    I've never seen those in a TRU store, but many of the large sets are usually available on their website (subject to being "out of stock" during a good sale, of course - if the website says its not available, keep checking, because sometimes they come back within the sale period).
  • donovan32257donovan32257 Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2011
    TRU in Florida is having a $10 off a $75 purchase right now. The coupon came in the mail attached to the front of a TRU flyer.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    edited October 2011
    ^^--- TRU almost never puts these sets in Brick and Mortar Stores(except the really big stores, like in most capital cities (like downtown NYC.. Im guessing the DT Chicago has one too, but Im not spending a fortune in gas and parking to save money...) Usually Only online I think mostly due to the cost of the sets and that their typical shelving structure at TRU's forbids this.... They are usually online though, but now, like @sidersdd said, limited to 1 per transaction usually...

@yellowcastle: The Pet shop is available at Target.com right now.. not sure about Walmart yet...
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    edited October 2011
    I returned a Grand Emporium and my TRU printed out a label and threw it on the shelf with the regular sets. Additionally, there's a Maersk Train at that same TRU right now so I assume that also was a return.

As for the coupon, would this be the same one that was in the Bricktober Week 1 flyer and noted in the Bricktober Week 1 article? Or is this a straight up $10 Off during checkout?

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=1508
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    ^ wow, good to know.. apparently they do not like shipping them from or to between the warehouse and stores...
  • donovan32257donovan32257 Member Posts: 11
    Coupon was attached to a sale flyer that came last week in my mail - Week of October 10, 2011. It states $10 off a $75 purchase and has a bar code on it. It peeled off the flyer.