Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

(US) TRU BOGO 40% on Star Wars, City and Friends

ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
Not quite like the good ole days but this is a pretty decent BOGO. The big SW sets are not included but you can get the Cargo Train for 160 each.

Comments

• korkor Member Posts: 392
    I remember when TRU didn't jack their prices up and once in a while they would do the but 2 get one free sale. Those were they days.
    gmonkey76
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    This probably doesn't apply if you price match which kind of defeats the purpose.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,510
    edited February 2015
    ecmo47 said:

Not quite like the good ole days but this is a pretty decent BOGO. The big SW sets are not included but you can get the Cargo Train for 160 each.

Thanks for the heads up on this!
    While not groundbreaking, actually $170 USD each after tax, they are at real retail and it is probably near the best deal that will be had on these IMO. Especially now that Amazon seems to be not putting much on sale and also has sales sax applied in my state. So they may get up to 25% off somewhere, but it seems those offers are very few and far between lately.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    If you want the exclusive MTT this isn't a bad deal. I considered it but all I really want is the Qui Gon Jinn minifigure and I can wait however long it takes for them to make a new one of him.
  • DaveBeyDaveBey Member Posts: 44
    The nice thing about this sale is most of the City sets were at the suggested retail price before the discount on the second set. I placed several orders online Sunday evening and with the exception of two polybags, everything arrived today. I'm a little disappointed in the condition of some of the boxes but oh well. Cheers from Claremore, OK! Dave
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    Probably not worthy of a new thread, but I saw a few sets at deeper clearance prices today (in-store). Examples:
    70011 Chima Eagle Castle - $9.98
    70002 Chima Lennox Lion Attack - $9.98
    70400 Castle Forest Ambush - $4.98
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 294
    ^me too. Also, the Gatehouse Raid and Fierce Flyer scanned lower than the tags.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,883
    Update from slickdeals. Getting two 75025s for $59.98 each is a good deal.

LEGO STAR WARS Jabba's Sail Barge (75020) for $119.99, Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025) for $74.98 +tax, more discounts if buying 2 at ToysRUs.com
    LEGO STAR WARS Jabba's Sail Barge (75020) for $119.99 (orig. $139.99) + tax [toysrus.com]
    LEGO STAR WARS Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025) for $74.98 (orig. $89.99) +tax [toysrus.com]

You can combine the discounts with another deal: Buy 1 Get 1 40% off all LEGO Star Wars, Friends & City construction sets.

So if you buy 2 of them, the effective discount is 20% off on each, which becomes:

LEGO STAR WARS Jabba's Sail Barge (75020) for $95.99 (orig. $139.99) + tax
    LEGO STAR WARS Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025) for $59.98 (orig. $89.99) +tax

Also free shipping on anything over $49.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    prevere said:

Update from slickdeals. Getting two 75025s for $59.98 each is a good deal.

LEGO STAR WARS Jabba's Sail Barge (75020) for $119.99, Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025) for $74.98 +tax, more discounts if buying 2 at ToysRUs.com
    LEGO STAR WARS Jabba's Sail Barge (75020) for $119.99 (orig. $139.99) + tax [toysrus.com]
    LEGO STAR WARS Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025) for $74.98 (orig. $89.99) +tax [toysrus.com]

You can combine the discounts with another deal: Buy 1 Get 1 40% off all LEGO Star Wars, Friends & City construction sets.

So if you buy 2 of them, the effective discount is 20% off on each, which becomes:

LEGO STAR WARS Jabba's Sail Barge (75020) for $95.99 (orig. $139.99) + tax
    LEGO STAR WARS Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025) for $59.98 (orig. $89.99) +tax

Also free shipping on anything over $49.

And don't forget to use your TRU rewards card to accumulate the points to use for the next Lego binge. ;)
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,883
    What I hate about buying from the TRU site is that even if you're logged in, you STILL have to apply your rewards card # separately for each transaction. Shaddy, man, shaddy.
    Andor
  • pumbaughpumbaugh Member Posts: 23
    huh? My rewards number is auto filled in on all my orders....
    madforLEGO
    Not mine. Even when logged in. Maybe I have to update on my profile or something like that.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    What's worse is you can buy them from TRU on eBay...

and you WON'T get points from those purchases.

At least, I don't think there is a place for your Rewards number...
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I didn't realize TRU was still in business..

After the sales, it can be a decent price, but when the original is jacked up 20$, it isn't as much savings as one would like.
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    found more TRU clearance drops dated 2/19:
    70725 Ninjago Nindroid Mechdragon - $19.98
    70008 Chima Gorzan's Gorilla Striker - $19.98
    79109 Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown - $19.98
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,510
    Grabbed two each of the Cargo Train and Passenger train, as I think this may be close to the best deal I am going to see on these (I guess they could appear somewhere for 25% off). At least, until the scenario appears where LEGO has to cut the price 30% to move remaining stocks of these after EOL I do not see these getting more than 25% off these days.
  • Final_SignFinal_Sign KentuckyMember Posts: 101
    What the heck! I ordered two of the LEGO STAR WARS Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser (75025) for $75 and $45, so $60 each. I just got an email saying the second one was canceled but they're shipping me the first one for $75!

What a total scam! Thats probably the last time I order from TRU.

Looking online it doesn't look like I can cancel the order since they only let you do that within the first 30m after ordering online. I'll probably just take the one I get back to the local store.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ Try calling CS and see if they'll adjust the price for you.
    madforLEGO
  • Final_SignFinal_Sign KentuckyMember Posts: 101
    Well after getting the email about canceling my 2nd 40% off set, I called TRU customer service last night and they first told me I could just return the full price set (Jedi Devender Class Cruiser) to the local store and I said I would, and then the lady put me on hold for a while.  When she came back she said she could offer me the one set at 40% off, but I have to call back after the item has shipped.  Apparently they couldn't do this until after I was first charged the full price and that won't happen until its shipped.

If it works, it will be a good deal and they will have redeemed themselves completely!  I'll post back after it all goes though.