Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego On TV programmes

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,780
    @bookmum - were the announcements funny at all? I wonder if they're on YouTube?
    VBaskin2008
    Bloody hell! And I quote:

From 4.45pm today until Sunday, the character will appear during the broadcaster’s continuity announcements to provide his own introductions to shows. At times, the ads will appear between shows too.

Will Arnett, the actor who provides the voiceover for the character in the film, will also voice the ads.

There are 18 animated intros that will be shown across four days in more than 40 ad breaks. It is the first time that Channel 4 has done this.

The ads were written by Omnicom’s Drum and produced by Warner Bros Pictures. PHD brokered the deal.

In 2014, Warner Bros took over an ad break on ITV to promote The Lego Movie by recreating the ads using Lego.

The Lego Batman Movie will be released on 10 February.

Martin Gough, deputy marketing director at Warner Bros UK, said: "We are delighted to be able to bring Lego Batman’s hilarity to life in such a contextually perfect and high-profile platform as Channel 4’s peak time schedule.

"Whilst this partnership might not land him a full-time job as a continuity announcer anytime soon, I’m sure it will make a big impact in the run-up to the launch of the movie."

18 adverts?! Will Arnett has been busy!
    AllBrickstluxVBaskin2008Lego_Star
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,215
    The channel 4 things are a bit generic - "coming next is something really cool - but not as cool as me cos I'm BATMAN" Rather than "next on 4 come dine with me"! 
    MaffyDVBaskin2008
    ^ wondered if that was the case. I don't watch any channel 4 shows regularly, so I'll probably miss them all...
    VBaskin2008
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,526
    Lego model on the Flash tonight. 
    VBaskin2008
    ^ So we're 4 days behind the US... Good to know.
    VBaskin2008
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Netflix's new series "Abstract: The Art of Design", Episode 1: Cristoph Niemann

professes his love of Lego and creates a few things.
    He builds small abstract "scenes" in the episode. I've added a few.

ClutchPowercatwranglerVBaskin2008MattPetersensnowhitie
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    I looked him up and didn't realize he did a "I LEGO N.Y." book in 2010.

https://www.amazon.com/I-Lego-N-Y-Christoph-Niemann/dp/0810984903
    VBaskin2008
    ^ Yep. Me too...
    VBaskin2008
    edited February 2017
    S1, E4 - Bjarke Ingels, Danish architect

He has the Lego model of Mountain Dwellings (I think or it's of the 8 House or VM Houses) in his company's HQ.

catwranglerVBaskin2008stluxsnowhitie
    Not TV but saw this on the cover of a pretty big named magazine

VBaskin2008stluxClutchPower
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    Ayliffe said:

Gonna be honest, when scrolling down I didn't originally see that as the Empire State Building - did a double take before realising...
    It shall now be known as The Bird Building.
    bookmumAyliffeVBaskin2008
    Ok, so this is an audio reference, but I watched Luke Cage episode 8 last night (Blowin' Up the Spot), and Claire compares something to "Legos" in one scene. Yes, she uses the plural...
    VBaskin2008ClutchPowerImABrickManNow
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,874
    edited February 2017
    MaffyD said:
    Ok, so this is an audio reference, but I watched Luke Cage episode 8 last night (Blowin' Up the Spot), and Claire compares something to "Legos" in one scene. Yes, she uses the plural...
    Last year CM4S pointed out an even more specific LEGO reference in Luke Cage — a child's drawing of Jay ZX from LEGO Ninjago!
    LyichirVBaskin2008ClutchPowerCM4SCaptainLego
    He was banned? Does that happen often in Eurobricks?
    VBaskin2008CM4S
  • drlmiles1drlmiles1 UKMember Posts: 183
    Sadly, yes. If you dare to post in the wrong thread, or what the moderators consider the wrong thread, you will get severely reprimanded. if you dare to challenge the moderators at all, you often get banned. That said, there are some appropriate bans, but it is far too heavily moderated, which is why I dip into it occasionally, but virtually never post. The Brickset forum is a way more friendly place.
    77ncaachampsSprinkleOtterAyliffeVBaskin2008stluxClutchPowerCM4Ssnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,061
    I find it baffling that the moderators would ban someome that provides advance (and accurate) information with regard to the hobby.

But, whatever.  I'm surr I'd be banned in advance if I actually attempted to contribute to their forum.
    SprinkleOtterGjedwardsVBaskin2008stluxCM4Ssnowhitie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,879
    edited March 2017
    Family Guy "Passenger Fatty Seven". Quagmire builds a 10000 piece Hogwarts Castle and Joe breaks "Gandalf" in half.

VBaskin2008mthibeauIceCreamClone
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,874
    SumoLego said:
    I find it baffling that the moderators would ban someome that provides advance (and accurate) information with regard to the hobby.

But, whatever.  I'm surr I'd be banned in advance if I actually attempted to contribute to their forum.
    I think that may have been a factor in him being banned — while Eurobricks sort of turned a blind eye to leaked photos for a while, a couple years ago they started taking them more seriously, and I think CM4S at least received some warnings about sharing drawings of stuff from retailers' catalogs to skirt the "no photos or scans of stuff marked confidential" policy. Even if it was for the good of the community, it was still playing pretty loose with the site rules.

I have never had any difficulty contributing there without trouble from the admins, but I tend to have a pretty "play-it-safe" attitude. I am aware that people have gotten into trouble for not-so-valid reasons and that other people have gotten away with crap that probably should've gotten some sterner repercussions, so I'm not gonna pretend it's a bastion of fairness, but I also am not sure the reputation they seem to have here of banning people willy-nilly is quite warranted.
    VBaskin2008CM4SLyichir
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,359
    drlmiles1 said:
    Sadly, yes. If you dare to post in the wrong thread, or what the moderators consider the wrong thread, you will get severely reprimanded. if you dare to challenge the moderators at all, you often get banned. That said, there are some appropriate bans, but it is far too heavily moderated, which is why I dip into it occasionally, but virtually never post. The Brickset forum is a way more friendly place.
    SumoLego said:

I wanna say that was basically it. They told me that my attitude towards some users was becoming an issue for the site. Small reports.. small incidents.. nothing damaging site-wide.. oh well. Part of me thinks it wasn't the real reason for my ban...

Yeah I enjoy the Brickset Forums and the other sites I browse. Can't replace Eurobricks though :) 
    VBaskin2008SumoLego
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,900
    edited March 2017
    Aanchir said:
    but I also am not sure the reputation they seem to have here of banning people willy-nilly is quite warranted.

Stash2Sixx a eurobricks moderator on the star wars forum today:

"Painful is an understatement!  I need to remove a few people here" 

I think that some of their own moderators use this reputation to try and control people in a way you wouldn't find acceptable in any other walk of life.

CM4S said:
    I wanna say that was basically it. They told me that my attitude towards some users was becoming an issue for the site. Small reports.. small incidents.. nothing damaging site-wide.. oh well. Part of me thinks it wasn't the real reason for my ban...

When you get sent to the "chamber" if you say anything other than 'I am really sorry for everything I have done' then your done for. If you give the impression that you have free will and are willing to challenge their views then your done for.

They also don't seem to take any consideration of the amount you post or how long you have been on the site. So if in their book someone posts twice and has two questionable posts they will let them stay if they have 1000 posts and 3 questionable ones they won't.

I used to post all of the time on eurobricks mainly on their themed topics (LOTR, DC, Marvel, Star Wars) so most of my post were 'that set looks really good, love the...'. But on brickset I been a lot more controversial 'I think the whole forum could do with a redesign', 'Women in NASA is sexist' and so on. I am sure a lot of people here think its obvious why I was banned there. But on eurobricks I was a boy scout and still got banned so I guess I would say don't worry about it.

CM4S said:
    Can't replace Eurobricks though :) 

There isn't another Lego forum the size of eurobricks and its size helps the site a lot. It means you can have sub forums with continuing conversations. So if someone just loves pirates they can talk about it all year round even when there are no sets available. But I think the success of eurobricks happened by mistake. The modartors hate these kinds of conversations that are undirected and often off topic. Eurobricks success comes from its members and it's a shame the staff don't realise and value this.

But I think if there was a real alternative to eurobricks I think a lot of people would leave because it is moderated badly, its not just that's its overbearing as @Aanchir said its very inconsistent too.

CM4SVBaskin2008
    SMC said:
    There isn't another Lego forum the size of eurobricks and its size helps the site a lot. It means you can have sub forums with continuing conversations. So if someone just loves pirates they can talk about it all year round even when there are no sets available. But I think the success of eurobricks happened by mistake. The modartors hate these kinds of conversations that are undirected and often off topic. Eurobricks success comes from its members and it's a shame the staff don't realise and value this.
    I imagine quite a few users / readers like EB threads to stay on topic too.
    VBaskin2008

^ It doesn't seem to be a problem here, this is the "Lego On TV programs" thread if we were on eurobricks we would all be 'taking a time out' for off topic talk.

BumblepantsCM4SAyliffeVBaskin2008sid3windr
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 518
    ^ the well known predictions on retirements thread here would have been a banhammer-generator on EB, too with all those off-topic segments hidden inside it.
    VBaskin2008
    SMC said:

^ It doesn't seem to be a problem here, this is the "Lego On TV programs" thread if we were on eurobricks we would all be 'taking a time out' for off topic talk.

Yes, but then people know that moderation is fairly non-existent here, which often means threads go off topic and can be less useful than a similar thread on EB.

The Brickset forum is really more of a chat forum, whereas EB is a bit more serious when it comes to information. Which is a bit strange given the lack of signature images on BS whereas they are on EB (often you'd think the more serious one wouldn't have large signatures allowed). But then they do two quite different jobs. EB is great for MOCs and so on, whereas BS historically was against this and more focussed on set / collection discussion.

VBaskin2008CaptainLego
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Obviously individual moderators have their own personalities but the thing I've never been able to wrap my head around on Eurobricks is that you can see the exact same behaviour on different sub forums with vastly different results - one sub forums moderator will ban a user whereas another's will actually ENCOURAGE similar behaviour.  I actually stopped looking at some of their subs long ago because some users who were obviously friends of that forums moderator were allowed to behave quite shitily (it IS a word) towards other users and the person who ended up with the ban was actually the victim!

Stay on target?  SOD OFF!

(Summoning Comic Book Guy) - Worst moderation EVER...

VBaskin2008
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,359
    edited March 2017
    I called out someone who likes to repeatedly lie about future information and even though he's been brought into the chamber he was let out and I got my final warning for harassment. 

He ended up being wrong that time and I even showed proof! Seems like the mods don't remember Nekchir.

and when I talk about this stuff I don't mean to.. insult / disrespect the moderators over there. I've had a lot of friendly chats with a few of them... I'm just discussing how things happened. 
    VBaskin2008SeanTheCollectorCaptainLego
  • sullyrulzsullyrulz Member Posts: 5
    I know it is not technically a TV program, however if you want to watch 'The Grand Tours' Richard Hammond and James May build the lego set 42048 whilst answering questions and drinking 'definetly not Vodka for legal reasons' then go to the following link:

VBaskin2008
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    Watching Blue Bloods 2x12 right now. Spotted a seaplane on a desk halfway in. 
    VBaskin2008
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 864

Don't know whether the desk in question belonged to a police officer, but either way it gets me wondering how many cops might be out there who are Lego City collectors. It's not like they're underrepresented... :P
    VBaskin2008CaptainLego
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 137
    Not quite TV but Johnny Vaughan was talking Lego this morning on Radio X... Was quite funny and a few things most AFOLs could relate to
    VBaskin2008
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 182

Spider-Man Homecoming trailer
    VBaskin2008
    Has anyone worked out if its the new or old one yet?
    VBaskin2008
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,674

dehnehsu said:

Spider-Man Homecoming trailer

Nooooo!!! Now he's gonna have to spend the next couple days rebuilding.
    VBaskin2008Cyberdragon
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 942
    Not sure if it has been mention:

American Dad, Season 9, Episode 6: "Independent Movie"

Steve and his friends are going to enter the tri-county LEGO competition with "The Four Stages of Ron Howard":
    - Opie (not pictured)
    - Richie Cunningham
    - Ron Howard the Director, with and without hat.

catwrangler
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    Lyichir said:

Don't know whether the desk in question belonged to a police officer, but either way it gets me wondering how many cops might be out there who are Lego City collectors. It's not like they're underrepresented... :P
    Nah, it was at the house of a police officer :P
    DIY SOS:The Big Build, tonight on BBC1 has a moc model of the new house being built by the show.
    Only on screen for 10-20 seconds but it was a good MOC.

Supposedly built by the electrician borrowing Lego from his Grandson. Probably not....
    The Last Leg. On Channel 4 just now. Towards the end of the program if you watch on catch up.
    Used Lego Creator houses to demonstrate how Russian Interweb Trolls are trying to ruin everyone's countries by trolling on social media. :)
    Do not watch this if destruction of lego models offends you. :)

Sandi Toksvig pretended? to become quite upset. 
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 487
    edited November 2017
    Really? I go through this entire thread and no one mentioned the giant lego house build on Jeremy Clarkson's Toy Stories!

• woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    Was it not James May's toy stories?
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2017
    ^Yes. As a fan of James May's work, I cannot imagine how massively uninterested I would be in Jeremy Clarkson's Toy Stories...

I actually have a neat little mini coffee table book about that Lego House. It is pretty cool.
    ^That was several years ago now and the bricks were given away soon after it was complete.
    Is the program still available on the BBC player?
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 487
    woony2 said:
    Was it not James May's toy stories?
    OOPS, it's been so long since I've seen them on TV, I've gotten them all mixed up.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Venunder said:
    ^That was several years ago now and the bricks were given away soon after it was complete.
    Is the program still available on the BBC player?
    No, hasn't been shown since it first aired in Christmas 2009 according to the iPlayer page, so it has long expired (remember when iPlayer programmes only used to be available for a week!).

There hasn't been a new Toy Stories for a while now - it seems that The Reassembler has become his Christmas show for the time being (which is equally interesting IMO, but in a different way).
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,215
    Sorry this is a bit late to tell you all now but the Simpsons Lego episode was on Channel Four yesterday. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,589
    In the episode of Hawaii Five-O where Dan-o tells his son an Xmas story has many of the Creator 3 in 1 set up in a small town on his floor. It was the 2nd of two episodes on last Friday.
    MegtheCat
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 607
    edited December 2017
    UK: Tonight Channel 5, 20:00. The Lego Story: Brick by Brick.

SMCdmcc0andheAll_That_Rocks
    ^ Thanks, added it to record list.
    Must watch this, some time soon.