Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

mangled/warped instruction books in brand new lego sets

ok I know everybody must have gone through this but isn't it annoying when you buy a new lego set and when you open the box the instructions aren't in good shape its all bent and warped , its more frustrating when you have sets that have manuels in there own sleeves with a nice piece of cardboard to keep the instructions protected

Comments

• bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    Warped intructions are annoying, I'm always happy to get sets with the cardboard but they seem to be only in sets over $100.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    I'm not much bothered by warped instructions, although I even found some torn. The annoying part is when the stickers are messed up as well, that happened a few rimes.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    I am not sure if this is the new standard on larger sets but DO #10246 came with only one large instruction manual wrapped in loose fitting plastic and no cardboard backing.

As a result the instructions, while not ruined, did have a noticeable curve to one corner.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    I echo the comments about the stickers- even my Death Star had bent stickers. Very frustrating.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,886
    More annoyed by the Super Hero comics that are often times crushed by the movement of parts bags. I'd like the opportunity to preserve those if possible without slapping dictionaries on top of them for years.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 349

I am not sure if this is the new standard on larger sets but DO #10246 came with only one large instruction manual wrapped in loose fitting plastic and no cardboard backing.

As a result the instructions, while not ruined, did have a noticeable curve to one corner.

My instructions for this are bent in one of the corners on the binding. I don't understand the change to the new type of packaging. I never had issues with the instructions being bent when backed with cardboard. Also the new bound instructions are just not user friendly as you have to force them to stay open. I certainly hope this type of instructions is just a test and they go back to the old way.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,416
    I've already contacted Lego about the Detective Office instructions. If you don't give them feedback, they'll continue to make the instructions that way. The more they get the more likely they are to go back.
    jonmdudleytiminchicago
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
    ^ I agree. Call and leave feedback. Worst they can do is say thanks.