Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Buying lego Indiana Jones

TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
edited February 2015 in Buying & Selling Topics
What is the best site to get factory sealed lego Indiana Jones sets?
What is a fair price to pay for these:
Jungle Cutter
Fight on the Flying Wing
Temple of the Crystal Skull

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,224
    Probably bricklink, but check ebay.

There are no fair prices for retired sets, only the best price you can get it for at the moment you want it.
    andheSethro3aimlesspursuits
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Checked ebay. Jungle cutter for 60€ feels quite a fair deal, doesn't it? The shipping and custom payments are another story then... Maybe I'll check bricklink too.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,224
    If you are happy with what you get for the price, then it is fair for you. There are some in Europe on bricklink which may be better value if you avoid VAT / tax and minimise shipping costs.
    bobabricks
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    There are quite a few for extremely cheap on Craigslist San Antonio
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Problem with Craigslist, it is very YMMV..especially considering this person is quoting prices in another currency than USD.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    ^yep I´m in Finland
  • NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 444
    A fair price would be the going market rate, but of course that is difficult fo set. I use bricklink as a guide.
    You need to look around and you might find a cheap bargain somewhere. Ebay is overpriced, but if you keep looking something might turn up. I saw a job lot of 20 and some sets go for £20. (Used, not new, but very cheap.) Or just haggle with the sellers on Bricklink. I spoke with one guy the other day and he welcomed a bit of haggle. (He had done it to me first....)
    Maybe you need to travel to a remote parts of Finland and check toy shops, they may still have some unsold Jones sets laying around.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    Ebay may or not be overpriced. They have more fees than Bricklink, so on average they might seem overpriced. For that extra money, you know what the shipping is before you purchase and you get more piece of mind.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,284
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't really understand all the hate for eBay that I'm seeing in every single thread. On the selling side, it makes sense, as I have to pay boatloads of fees (a nice $1k for January), but on the buying side I find lots of great deals all the time.
    Pitfall69
    edited February 2015
    samiam391 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really understand all the hate for eBay that I'm seeing in every single thread. On the selling side, it makes sense, as I have to pay boatloads of fees (a nice $1k for January), but on the buying side I find lots of great deals all the time.

Yeah, what you won't find on Bricklink is massive lots of sets. You may be able to find some or all of the Indiana Jones sets in one lot for a heck of a lot cheaper than buying them individually. Used sets are obviously more likely, but I saw whole sealed lots of Harry Potter sets a while back.

• NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 444
    samiam391 said:

I find lots of great deals all the time.

The last time I bought something on Ebay was last Summer. Not been anything cheap enough to buy since then. I look a lot on Ebay, but I look elsewhere too... I buy a lot and very cheap. The people I buy off all have one thing in common: They dont want to sell on Ebay. It does not matter that I explain they can get a lot more than I pay, they still sell to me for a low price.
    I sell a lot too, but not on Ebay. I have 3-4 other venues and the prices I get are better than Ebay. Ebay really has lost the plot. The only thing I sell on Ebay are 3181. I buy them at the carboot for £4-5 and sell them for £30 on Ebay. Not sure why it is so popular and I have sold 4 on Ebay.
    ^No, we get what you are saying. Most people do not buy on Ebay to resell. You sell a lot of Lego at car boot sales. I would hazzard a guess that you don't find or sell many high end sealed Lego sets like Modulars and other high end sealed Lego sets. He's looking for highly sought after retired sealed sets and I doubt he will find them at car boot sales. I'm not degrading your hobby/business at all :)