points?,spammer?,like? etc

romanstarromanstar Member Posts: 197
Been on here a while now and its a brilliant place thanks Hew.But one thing i dont understand is along a persons username you have visits etc etc then you have 'points'? and under that you have 'like' 'spammer' etc etc What exactly does these things mean?

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    All of these features were added by Vanilla which is the site that hosts these forums.

Likes- You can like someone's post/comment. Every time someone likes a post/comment of yours, you get +1.
    Spam- Someone can also mark your post for spam. If I'm not mistaken, when a post is marked as spam the moderators are alerted. Similar to likes, you get +1 every time someone marks a comment/post as spam.
    Points- A feature that Vanilla added. Essentially, the same as likes. Every time you get a like, you get a point. It was added after the like feature though, so you'll have more likes than points.

That's the general idea at least.
    Andor
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    @samiam391 will lead you to believe that the points mean nothing. This, of course, happened when I passed him on the points list ;)
    TheBigLegoski
  • romanstarromanstar Member Posts: 197
    Thanks guys.I still havent got a clue.lol.Think i'll just leave it and try quantum mechanics,it looks easier ;-)
    Andor
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    Pitfall69 said:

@samiam391 will lead you to believe that the points mean nothing. This, of course, happened when I passed him on the points list ;)

@Pitfall69 - I'm only 1,300 behind. Watch your back.
    TheBigLegoskiluckyrussAdzbadboy
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited February 2015
    romanstar said:

Thanks guys.I still havent got a clue.lol.Think i'll just leave it and try quantum mechanics,it looks easier ;-)

Don't worry. Basically, they don't matter. They just count up how many times someone has 'liked' or marked as spam a post you made. It doesn't really mean anything. Unless you have a personal rivalry going on like the clowns above. ;-)
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    If you get a spam vote you get -1 point I think.
    plasmodiumAndor
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    TarDomo said:

If you get a spam vote you get -1 point I think.

Yeah, @samiam391 decided to flag me when I was getting ready to pass him ;)

TarDomo
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    ^ so simple but so fun
    But now u gotta be extra careful, the conspiracy knows what to do to get your points down. :smile: