Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

No Starch Lego books (plus other) bundle

LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
edited February 2015 in Buying & Selling Topics
Want sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it.

You can currently get various no starch press Lego books (plus a loss of coding books if you're that way inclined) as part of the Humble Bundle when you donate at least $15 dollars here:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books
ew027aldreddBumblepantssidersdd

Comments

• LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    edited February 2015
    Duplicate post due to stupid phone, sorry. Mods please delete.
    I guess this is on the front page note do feel free to delete this.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Hm. Interested in the Lego books, but not so much in the others. What format do they come in? Is it an eBook-type format or a PDF?

(I just made my first Humble Bundle purchase the other day when they had all those classic Star Wars video games...)

PS, I would say why not keep this thread. There's plenty of scope for more discussion here as well.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,313
    ^ Both formats.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,161
    ^pdf and epub
    Yep, both formats. I'm not familiar with epub - seems like you can upload either to google play books (as long as they're under 100mb) but not sure about other readers. Oddly some of the epub files, which I expected to be smaller for readers, are bigger than the 'HQ' pdfs. Haven't had chance to look through them all yet but quality looks good for the ones I have checked.

As for the coding books - probably a bit basic for most people here who would be interested, but I think its still good value however much you decide to donate. Funnily enough I just bough a kids coding book for my son last week - could have saved the bother!
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,311
    Bought the lot for a reasonable price! Worth it just for the Lego titles, but all the others look great too. Bargain!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,161
    3 more books added, 2 of which are Lego: Beautiful LEGO, Manga Guide to Calculus, and Build It Volume 1

Was able to download them no problem from my original link
    aldredd
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    This was really a great deal before, but the extras are a bonus! Build It Volume 1 features "Amazing Vehicles." They give you a list of common parts and 10 different vehicles you can build from the same parts.
  • Gooch21Gooch21 Member Posts: 8
    I bought this bundle and was extremely happy with it. As posted above , you do get both PDF and ebook formats. As an adult who is terrified of programming , the kids books actually get me the most excited :D Was easily worth the 15 bucks.
    There are some more lego books (No Starch) available in a humble bundle for $whatever.

Jennitomahawkeraimlesspursuits
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    CCC said:
    There are some more lego books (No Starch) available in a humble bundle for $whatever.

anything good in their for a lego city
    Buy them for 1c, have a look and if you'll use them pay a bit more.