Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Doctor Who LEGO

2»

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    klatu003 said:

Watching it, I forgot that he ever was the Doctor - unlike Americans doing British accents, his American accent was very good. Which reminds me of Peri - terrible American accent.

Heck, watching Dr Who, I forget he actually has a thick Scottish accent! His English accent was absolutely perfect - I would never have guessed if I hadn't seen a special features interview or something where he spoke in his normal accent.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Saw the weeping angels episode last night. Cool concept. Great episode. Lego that!
    tamamahmMathias
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,356
    klatu003 said:

As someone who recorded all the Dr. Who episodes from TV to VHS tape in the 80s and wrote a program in Basic to catalog them to be able to find the episodes. Yeah - I'm excited.
    @LostInTranslation I have to agree that David Tennant is one of the best Doctors. Did you see Gracepoint? Watching it, I forgot that he ever was the Doctor - unlike Americans doing British accents, his American accent was very good. Which reminds me of Peri - terrible American accent.

USC T.A.R.D.I.S anyone?

Isn't Gracepoint almost a scene for scene remake of Broadchurch (Thank god for BBC America)?
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    ^Did not know that. American TV stealsborrows inspiration from BBC all the time, so no surprise. After your comment I googled - guess the ending was a bit different.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    I didn't watch Broadchurch (looked a bit serious to me, I'm more a Midsomer/Death in Paradise kinda girl) but it was an ITV production not BBC :-)
    Guess British telly is just better all round ;-)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    ^ Both Broadchurch and Death in Paradise have been pretty poor this time around in my opinion. Death in Paradise has its moments and one or two episodes have been as excellent as usual, but Broadchurch is purely an unnecessary sequel.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    edited February 2015
    @CapnRex101 - I have lost quite a bit of interest in DiP now that hardly any of the original cast is left. With Camille leaving and no ongoing romantic subplot in future I think it will struggle to maintain an audience.
    I thought the latest episode was particularly poor.
    I like the premise of the show, the bonkers impossibility of every case, the Christie-esque final summation and quite liked Kris Marshall as a replacement for Ben Miller but I think the formula gets stale without an ongoing story relating to the recurring cast.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited February 2015
    If I'm not incorrect, "BBC America" tends to also show ITV shows as well - they aired Downton in the US, right?

I am a little surprised to hear about them making a remake of a TV show for America which even has the same actors, setting and plot. Why bother? Wouldn't it just be easier to just show the same show? I dunno... [Edit - having now googled them both, I see it's not all the same actors and the setting is different, but still...]

Cool thing about Broadchurch is that the Wessex police headquarters is actually the Exeter University 'Forum' (area around the library and student shop). So I literally walk through/around there every day. I have only watched one episode of Broadchurch, and that was just to see the Forum as the police HQ!
  • pixelpopspixelpops Member Posts: 21
    Very, very excited about this- as is my daughter (husband, not so much)
    I hope we get an 11 minifigure with Amy Pond.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    @LostInTranslation - I couldn't agree more. I was very impressed by how well Kris Marshall slotted into the show and the absence of Fidel in the latest series has not been as jarring as expected, but I don't think we know Florence well enough for her to replace Camille now that she has gone.

I do like the commissioner though and it looks like he has a big role in the next episode, so that will placate me for now :)
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    We are definitely hoping for Amy.
  • Captain_EyebrowCaptain_Eyebrow Test Valley, looking at that new brand store that is coming to Southampton by Christmas 2019 . . . .Member Posts: 137
    @LostInTranslation @CapnRex101 give it time, I think the series can survive the cast change and there would appear to be a spark of something between Florence and JP. It might be even to far fetched for Death in Paradise to have the two leads falling (ish) for each other again . . . . . . . . .