Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Meow

MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 193
Hello folks,

Quick history: lots of LEGO during childhood (mainly classic Space), took time off during the 90s and early 00s, then got lured back by spotting the Collector AT-ST at a massive discount; I guess TRU just got too many in, and eventually slashed its price just to clear the shelves (seriously, it was like AU$50, crazy). That reminded me how much I enjoy building, so next week I got another set. The week after, another. And so on.

Long story short, the den's full of the stuff now, and no end in sight. Star Wars remains a favourite, along with Marvel and DC heroes, plus respectable forays into LotR/Hobbit, Harry Potter, Agents, and Space Police (the most recent incarnation), along with all sorts of other odds and ends that took my fancy. Pride-of-collections include the Death Star (the amazingly comprehensive playset one) and the UCS Executor, the Sea Cow, Simpsons house, Imperial Flagship, and (one of my rare flights of improvisation) Brickbeard's Bounty merged with most of the alien gangster vehicles from Space Police to make a gorgeously silly space pirate ship. Also a big fan of the TT LEGO games - 100%'ed every one, and I'll be quite happy for them to keep on doing what they're doing indefinitely.

This year, looking forward to finishing off the Hobbit shelf (they're all lined up in proper geographic arrangement, from Bag End on the left/West to Laketown on the right/East, just awaiting Dale and Erebor), broadening the cast of characters of the superhero shelves (especially adding Maria Hill, and oh yeah, the helicarrier as well), acquiring the Scooby Gang, and finding room for Elsa's ice palace somewhere.

Comments

• TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Welcome. I´m also a lego star wars collector. I´ve been collecting LSW since 2006-2007 and my favorite sets from my collection are: Death Star, UCS Super Star Destroyer, UCS R2-D2, Malevolence and Republic Gunship(2013 version). This year I´m really looking forward UCS Slave 1 and Battle droid Troop Carrier. I´ve also played lego games some years ago.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,490
    Hello and welcome!
    I too am into the Superheroes, Agents and Harry Potter themes, with some Friends and Princess sets thrown in for good measure.

I have to ask, based on your user name are you a fellow Buffy fan?
    Andor
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,275
    Just coming in here to say Yay! Another Buffy fan!

Welcome!
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,769
    edited January 2015
    Buffy jeuj! We just got the entire boxset for xmas and are going to watch it all over again :-)

Welcome to the forum!
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Meow means "I love you"!
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 193
    Thank'ee all for the warm welcome.

@LostInTranslation, @BooTheMightyHamster, @snowhitie, correct, Buffy reference - by way of Medal of Honor (back when that was the thing I used to play multiplayer as the female resistance fighter, dubbed MKF because of that "whole exciting middle part with the French Resistance", and it stuck as a game/internet handle ever since). It might be more correct to say I spent three years as a Buffy fan, and the next three watching Buffy in order to get my weekly Tara fix.

@Legopassion8, I always figured it was "Oi! Pay attention."

@TarDomo, the 2013 gunship is indeed pretty sweet - I hadn't planned on getting it (already had the Clone Wars one, and the LAAT/c version), but in the end I did (mainly for Padme, plus I'd converted the CW one into another LAAT/c (before the actual one was announced), so I thought I ought to have at least one in /i mode), and really enjoyed it. Scrounged up enough clone gunners from other sets to fully crew it. Slave 1 and the Troop Carrier both look like worthy sets, I'd have Slave 1 in a heartbeat, except that the previous version is such a good set that I'm content with it. Also unlike the gunships, there's only one Slave 1, so it'd look weird to have multiples when I'm not at all planning to 'retire' the older one - I did that with the Sith Infiltrator, but only because the more recent one was such a leap ahead of the previous version.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    @MissKittyFantastico Yep it's too bad to have multiple versions of the same ship. I missed the previous Slave 1 so I'm just exited about this new version.
    Andor
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Hello!

You have good taste in themes :)
    Andor
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 193
    @rancorbait, thanks. Truthfully I'm not very discriminating in what I buy, but I suppose it's natural enough the good ones get the lion's share of attention. I like to keep something from every theme (that I buy anything at all from) on display, even if it's just a smaller set to represent the side; luckily even the lesser ones, Lone Ranger for instance, have their moments (I'm still yet to bother watching the film, but hey, a stagecoach is cool no matter where it's from).
    Andor