Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Marvel Avengers Video Game

ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,477
So it looks like we are getting a second Lego Marvel game, this time based on the cinematic universe

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/29/lego-marvel-avengers-and-lego-jurassic-world-coming-in-2015.aspx?utm_content=bufferc51a2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Article only says based around the 2 avengers films, I'll be disappointed if they don't include the other films (at least one of each) but the way Tt have been going lately I won't be surprised if they are done as DLC.
Andorcarlqthenos

Comments

• johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 101
    edited January 2015
    I really hope it has an open world again. I just couldn't get into lego batman 3 doing level after level.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,477
    LB3 was obviously trying something new, and the open world planets were a nice idea, but definitely not as good as a standard open map.
    Nah, I got bored too easy. I could play lego marvel super heroes for hours though.
    Andormatticus_brickscrazycarlbobabricks
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271
    ^ I spent more time running around the city stealing buses and taxis and crashing them in to stuff than I did playing the real part of the game.
    slyreptileAndorEddieDoesntMindAdeelZubaircarlqbobabricks
    @graphite My point exactly :smiley:
    I probably spent a similar amount of time on both, but found the LB3 planet system kind of annoying in comparison to a flat map like Marvel had. Traveling between worlds generally lead me to turning I off more frequently. Conversely though I found I stormed through the story because i didn't realise quite how many levels I was playing at a time on LB3 with Marvel having them broken apart more meant I was more aware of how many levels I was playing at a time.
    Andor
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Yay. Loved Marvel so if this is more of the same its a day one buy, especially with a nice minifig!
    johnhenz

its a day one buy, especially with a nice minifig!

That's what keeps deciding where I buy them from too...Game have been the ones with the minifig/poly deals lately for the UK so will start keeping an eye to see if they stay on it.
    Wonder if this is where they'll include Agent Coulson.
    johnhenzKevin_Hyattmatticus_bricks
    ^ I made the same comment on the helicarrier thread.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    (Disclaimer: I can't get the original link to load, so I'll make assumptions here :-P)

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I hope the fact that Tt are working on a new game means they have the Battle of Five Armies ready to roll out...
    Andor
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    edited January 2015
    Has there even been any confirmation that BOT5A is coming out? I've not seen anything firm so I'd pretty much come to the conclusion they weren't going to bother which kind of makes me glad I didn't buy the game - I figured I'd wait until you could buy all 3 in one bundle, but as I'd assumed that's not now happening I figured I wasn't going to bother at all.

Can't say I found Lego Marvel particularly enjoyable to be honest, I actually really enjoyed the TLM game, and before that Lego City Undercover and before that Lego Indy were my favourites. Hopefully I'll find Lego Avengers more fun, but I'm half expecting to enjoy Lego Jurassic World much more to be honest. I've just always found the super heroes ones a bit dull, repetitive, and unimaginative.
    plasmodium
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    graphite said:

^ I spent more time running around the city stealing buses and taxis and crashing them in to stuff than I did playing the real part of the game.

I did the same exact thing. The is one of the best parts about LEGO MArvel Superheroes.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 604
    i disliked the map system on lb3 and conan drove me insane. i know why he was there but did not see the point.

also i dont see how they will be able to include a roster of characters without using characters tied to other franchises / films unless you want 100 variant iron man costumes... with fox owning "x" and sony owning "spider-" and "fantastic four" i think the scope of being based on the 2 avengers films could be story limiting.

the thing with dc is that they own all their characters (as far as i know) so they can appear in-game or as dlc without a problem to a story. imagine a marvel lego game where people couldnt play as wolverine or deadpool - by far two of marvel's most popular characters.

i'd love a coulson figure though. that'd be awesome! i'd also like a captain britain one, but that's just really wishful thinking...
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 444
    Just got done flying around as iron man in msh. It's a lot if fun. Thanks for the news, looking forward to it.
    Andor
    There's no fox/Disney/Sony split when it cones to videogame marvel characters only in cinema/TV so the game can have anyone they like in it.
    Andor
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    I loved the first Lego Marvel game, so I am really looking forward to this. Praying for a Phil Coulson exclusive fig, or any other yet unmade Marvel character. Minifig giveaways seem to be a trend with Gamestop preorders, so I'd imagine there will be something.
    Andor
    Xefan said:

Has there even been any confirmation that BOT5A is coming out? I've not seen anything firm so I'd pretty much come to the conclusion they weren't going to bother which kind of makes me glad I didn't buy the game - I figured I'd wait until you could buy all 3 in one bundle, but as I'd assumed that's not now happening I figured I wasn't going to bother at all.

I'm beginning to believe this may be the case. Which is a bit of a shame, really, as the Hobbit game was a worthy successor to Lego LotR. Still, I'm holding out till the DVD release of BoFA till I give up hope. :-P
    Andor
  • LegonizerLegonizer San Diego, CAMember Posts: 39
    graphite said:

Perhaps Lego Marvel Super Heroes isn't the right game for you. Have you tried Grand Theft Auto?
    plasmodium
    Speaking of which - just noticed all the Warner Bros Lego games are on sale on Steam as today's daily deal (for PC and in some cases Mac). Seems to include DLC, unlike the last time.
    Legonizer said:

Perhaps Lego Marvel Super Heroes isn't the right game for you. Have you tried Grand Theft Auto?

But GTA isn't LEGO and the cars don't break apart into pieces.
    Andor
    Haha if there was a Lego GTA I would definitely become a recluse.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,294
    ^There is one. Lego City Undercover for Wii U. I think that was the title at least.
    Amanda1983
    Ain't nobody got time for a wii u
    Lego City Undercover is actually a really good showcase for the Wii U, it uses the gamepad brilliantly.
    Kevin_HyattAmanda1983
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    edited January 2015
    graphite said:

Legonizer said:

But GTA isn't LEGO and the cars don't break apart into pieces.
    If your cars don't break apart into pieces in GTA then you're playing it wrong.

I'm normally driving with no doors, no windscreen, no wing mirrors, a burst tyre or two and smashed up front and rear within 5 minutes of getting a new car.

• MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    Glee! I'd be extremely surprised if 'Lego Avengers' isn't Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 in all but name - the movie influence in LMS1 was obvious, they'd be crazy not to keep that 'world' (and the full breadth of Marvel characters) and build the movie storylines into it. Add one more prayer to the Coulson minifigure tally (already put one together out of parts, but I'm a perfectionist so I'd rather the 'real' thing).

Lego Jurassic Park... okay, sure why not. Anyone else think this'd suit a revisit of the Indiana Jones 2 style, with smaller individual levels (seriously, how much mileage can you really get out of long levels consisting of 'run away from dinosaur'?) and heavier use of the hub map? Just have a big Marvel New York-sized Isla Nubla, incorporating Sorna and San Diego and whatever else all smooshed into one like Indy did, and get around it at speed by jumping on the back of a raptor and riding it. I could take or leave the storylines of the films, but an open-world dinosaur island full of random stuff to do, gimme.
    Andor

Lego Jurassic Park... okay, sure why not. Anyone else think this'd suit a revisit of the Indiana Jones 2 style, with smaller individual levels (seriously, how much mileage can you really get out of long levels consisting of 'run away from dinosaur'?) and heavier use of the hub map? Just have a big Marvel New York-sized Isla Nubla, incorporating Sorna and San Diego and whatever else all smooshed into one like Indy did, and get around it at speed by jumping on the back of a raptor and riding it. I could take or leave the storylines of the films, but an open-world dinosaur island full of random stuff to do, gimme.

I'm surprised no-one here has mentioned Lego Jurassic Park - I didn't even know about it till I saw a random article on Steam just now!
    Andor
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394

I'm surprised no-one here has mentioned Lego Jurassic Park - I didn't even know about it till I saw a random article on Steam just now!
    Well, it started being discussed here if that counts...

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/309586#Comment_309586
    edited February 2015
    waynegg said:

Well, it started being discussed here if that counts...

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/309586#Comment_309586
    Yeah, I saw that thread a while ago - what I'm saying is that non-one has even mentioned the Lego JP video game which was announced alongside Avengers.

http://www.cnet.com/news/lego-jurassic-park-and-avengers-games-coming-this-year/

I didn't see anyone on that thread mention it - apologies if they did.
    Andor
    Still not seen any convincing info on a mini figure/polybag exclusive with the game yet...or a firm release date yet. I think I'm more interested in this one that JW so already over all the JW stuff.
    ^i saw somewhere that the polybag is a repainted raptor from an old dinoworld set.
    ^That would be the one with JW, sorry I know the thread was old and had derailed into talk about the JW game I meant info on the Marvel Avengers game...only really heard people posting wishlist type ones so far.
    AndorMojoest
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    Am I the only one who doesn't think a Coulson's fig is necassary? Don't get me wrong, I love the guy but he is a crazy easy fig to MOC and it just seems like a wasted opportunity for us to get someone with more detail (Daredevil, Movie Falcon, an actual affordable Black Widow, ect.)
    It appeals more to minifigure collectors than builders, while he's easy to make the minifigure collector wants the official version. Personally i'd like an MCU Falcon or maybe Odin, but I'd be happy enough with an official Couson too.
    Andor
    I really want a coulson withvny avengers game. Should have come with helicarrier but happy to wait if he comes with game but reckon it will be something lame!
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    While a Coulson would be nice, I would rather have another hero.  Coulson is very easy to make one of your own if you want(there's a great MOC in another thread here).  Why would you want a basic bland figure when you could get a cool specialized figure?  Just my opinion.
    Coulson is easy to build, true, but I feel he's sort of symbolically satisfying as a companion for an MCU game (even if the first game drew heavily on the MCU as well).  He was the constant thread running through the early films, and he was (at the time) unique to the films, not drawn from the comics - even now he's not in the films, and their scope has broadened so much, he still kinda is Marvel movies, for me anyway.

(Besides, being easy to build sidesteps the problem of a fairly important character being missing from the collections of those who didn't happen to get their game in time.  Looking at you, power armour Lex Luthor...)
    GoldchainsLostInTranslationLind_Whispererchuckp
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    Its always nicer to get "real" minifigures as oppose to customs or moc. Coulson would be great esp since we got Maria hill before him
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Whilst as a fan of Agents of Shield, a Coulson fig would be great, are we looking at this a bit too much from an AFOL perspective? Even though we're all big kids at heart, what, as a little kid, would you prefer? A 'business man in a suit' who you never even noticed in the film, (nor have ever watched the AoS), or a super hero that you can run round the room with making swooshing/shooting/shouting noises with?

My wallet hopes I'm wrong, but I would guess we'd more likely see Coulson at SDCC than on the next Marvel game.

Banner changing in to the Hulk though, (as per Clark Kent changing into Superman), hmmmm.....  :)
    GoldchainsReesesPieceschuckp
    ^By that logic why would a child want any of the Ulta Agents mini figures? I get what you mean, but all they need to do is a polybag with the gun that he uses on Loki from the first Avengers film and I think most kids who say the film will get it. From an AFOL perspective I'd love to get a coulson with some tiles printed like the Cpt America trading cards, but don't ever expect that.

In all fairness I don't think that there is an obvious character to include with an Avengers based game. All the major superhero characters have been done - I say as someone who hasn't seen AoU yet admittedly (the only character I know from AoU that hasn't had a MCU version fig is Falcon) -  if they were going full MCU then there's a lot more characters missing; I think all of Thor's companions could be done without new moulds (as much as I'd love a Heimdall he'd need a new part for the helmet) and are the most glaring group for having been completely missed so far.
    Seeing as we've had Winter Soldier and Iron Patriot in polys already a Thor character would represent something of a fair choice, but it's not a brilliant choice for Avengers. I think this is probably the biggest argument for a Coulson minifigure with the game, he played a very significant role in the first Avengers film. Getting Hill over Coulson makes sense after the events of Captain America 2 and making the assumption that the Helicarrier is basically a Cap set.

Of course they could take it in a completely different direction and do something like a mini Helicarrier polybag, or maybe this will be where #30304 - quinjet will be available from for most of us? It's always possible that there won't be any bonus edition, but I'd imagine that the retailers who normally get them would be really annoyed if there isn't.
    Lind_Whisperer
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    ^ True, the gun Coulson has in the first film would add that element of play to the figure. I really hope we get him, but there is just something that makes me think he's not enigmatic enough for a game exclusive, (that said, Plastic man was a complete unknown to me before LB3, so if Coulson has a reasonable role in the new game, then he might well make it)?

You could be right about #30304 , but I'm hoping that the chance for a new fig isn't lost, and that the Quinjet just comes along in the next DM promo in the UK, (or I guess a TRU promo in the US?). Would the next DM run tie in with the DVD release of AoU?

Arrrrgh! so much speculation! ..... fun though  :)
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Coulson would be great, but I highly agree with you Mojoest. A kid would definitely enjoy a new hero or villain that they haven't seen before. I would rather have Coulson appear in a set instead of being an exclusive, honestly. If they gave us White Tiger, or a Spiderman villain of some sort(I want the VULTURE or MYSTERIO!!! Give me a full Sinister Six lineup!!!), or a nice Avengers figure(Wasp please? Or go the other way and do Demolition Man or the Sentinel perhaps?), I would be very pleased. Am I getting too far into ones I'd like to see? Should I go to the other thread? lol
    Remembering that this game is meant to be centered around the two Avengers films only I think you might be going a bit too far down the wishlist route Goldchains.

To be honest I was Surprised they didn't go with this as essentially MCU phase 1, more to draw from and while the Avengers works on it's own it's a much better/more compelling story as part of the complete MCU
    The first one (Lego Marvel Superheroes, that is) basically was Phase 1: The Game, just with the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spidey thrown into the mix - we had Cap fighting Red Skull (albeit in the present, but still), Thor beating up Ice Giants in Asgard, Hulk vs Abomination, the Mandarin (both versions) messing with Iron Man (technically phase 2, but Tony's had more movies than anyone else anyway); not the exact movie stories, but in terms of characters and environments it's all there, I'm not surprised they'd avoid explicitly repeating it.  The Avengers movie itself was really the only thing they didn't cover (except with the presence of the Helicarrier), so putting that and Ultron back to back as the core storyline seems to make sense, its specific conflicts and environments are new to the game side of things.

With a bit of clever footwork (and a wink at the audience) it could even amount to a stealth sequel to Marvel Superheroes - Loki was last seen, after Galactus's defeat, hurtling off through a portal to mysterious deep space, and five minutes into Avengers he comes back through a portal from mysterious deep space.  Alright so he's already well known on Earth, and there are a lot more superheroes and villains milling about than in the film version (I'm hopeful they won't omit the expanded cast of characters Lego has access to, mutants and FF and so on), but hey, it's a Lego game, we're here to have fun not nitpick.

Seeing as the new game is set to be based explicitly on the films I imagine they'll do what they've done with past games and take the soundtrack from the films for all speech, BN m . meaning there's less (although not none) room to change stuff. I'd also imagine they'll have to be more careful on what characters they can include. They might get away with Spidey but not xmen etc.

I'm basically expecting as little as possible to avoid disappointment

Great,  another Iron Man
    A very strange looking one a that...
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,070
    Is that the suit from iron man 2?