Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego 364 Harbour Scene 1975 - For Sale

day26day26day26day26 Member Posts: 9
edited October 2011 in Marketplace
Hi, a big thanks again to everyone who helped with my previous query at http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1840/lego-364-harbour-scene-1975-advice-please#Item_6.

I've now had chance to put the set together and find out if anything is missing or damaged.

I wonder if the Brickset community would help me out again?

Could anyone offer any advice on where might be the best place to sell this item and, again, what you as a community think the set should go for?

I don't know anything about the collectors market for Lego so I may be missing the best place to sell this item and where I can get the fairest price. If it matters, I'm in the UK. It makes sense that this set goes to someone who would enjoy it.

So, the set details are as follows:

The set seems to be complete except for the following:

- Instructions
- 12 x "1x2" blue - from legs of crane. (I wonder if these were missing from original set as previous build had them missing as well). (Crane is not as high as shown on box).
- 1 x "2x2" black -from top of boat

The good points are as follows:

- original cardboard baseplate is present and in good condition (but does have small dent to top right corner)
- original box present (has a little tape stuck on front where it's been held closed)
- original four inside boxes present and in reasonably good condition
- All stickers seem to be present and stuck on correct part! (Except for 1 life-ring which is still on paper)

There are a few extra bits in the box (which I'm going to put in a bag with the set to sell):

- The Lego Experts Guide To 1976
- Some Golden Lego studs to stick on the back of the above
- Some extra pieces (various)

I've uploaded some pictures here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/JASK.PHOTOS/Lego364HarbourScene1975?authuser=0&feat=directlink#

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Moved to Marketplace by Yellowcastle 10/13/11

Comments

• day26day26day26day26 Member Posts: 9
    I notice that this thread has been moved to Marketplace.

I'm not trying to sell this item but, instead, find out the best place to sell it.

Could someone who knows how perhaps move this to a more appropriate place (perhaps "Buying and Selling Topics") as I'd like advice on selling this item.

Many thanks.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    Wow, that's a beautiful set.

You could put it on Bricklink or eBay, eBay would sell much quicker but you'll get a better price on Bricklink. Here are a few links you might be interested in:

Current sets for sale on Bricklink.
    http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=364

And Previous sales, (but you can't see what condition the sets were in, i.e. whether the baseplate is available or not, which is rather critical to the price)
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?itemType=S&itemNo=364&itemSeq=1&colorID=0&v=P&priceGroup=Y&prDec=2

But, at time of writing there aren't any previous sales, so, these prices are probably a bit exorbitant. Not that it means a lot, but I wouldn't let it to go for any less than $150. I'm sure a Lego expert will chime in pretty soon, so you can get a better idea.
    Thank you Eric. This is just the sort of things I need to know.

I don't mind holding off the sale for a while (e.g. putting it on Bricklink) but I'm eager to sell before the end of December as the sale of this item will going towards my girls' Christmas presents.

Perhaps Ebay with a reserve price of $150 (or UK equivalent) would be the best bet?
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Hi - I can go ahead and move this back to Buying and Selling for you as well as correct the title. Please note, though, that this new thread is now nearly identical to your first thread. I will therefore close your earlier thread. Thanks
    Moved back to marketplace as per intent of original poster with third duplicate posting.
    edited October 2011
    Moved back to marketplace as per intent of original poster with third duplicate posting.
    All I was trying to do here, in my original post, was to firstly get poster's views on if this set had any value.

After that I posted again (with more information) to ask for "advice on where might be the best place to sell this item and, again, what you as a community think the set should go for". You will note that I have not offered the item for sale.

This morning I decided to try and sell the item so copies the relevant details to a new post in "Marketplace".

I'm sorry if this appears "borderlines as spam" but I was attempting to follow the correct section of the site. I cannot see any way for me to move or delete my previous post or else I would have carried out this administration myself.

I now note that the post I created this morning (telling that this item is now for sale and giving contact details) is now close. Could you delete the other posts that you seem to be judging as "spamming" and reinstate the current post with the correct information?

Many thanks.

Re-Added Contact Details Below (Yellowcastle 10/30/11)</font)

If anyone is interested and would like to make an offer please email me at [email protected]
    edited October 2011
    As mentioned above could you delete any posts you see fit but keep the most current post that actually says that this item is for sale. (As this one only asks for the "best way to sell" as detailed in the bold header?

Adding the contact details to this post doesn't really help as this post doesn't actually say that the item is for sale.

Could you please therefore reinstate comment 24967?

Many thanks.

Updated Thread Title (Yellowcastle 10/30/11)
    Instead of updating the thread title could you please just reinstate the right thread and delete the others as I asked in my previous post.

Please reinstate the thread with the original For Sale heading and without all the on-going "discussion".

The other thread is just there to say the item is for sale - no more no less.
    This thread will remain the active one. Feel free to message me with any questions. Thanks.
    Closed at the request of the original poster.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.