Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,509
    edited January 2015
    Interesting, so it would appear this set will be a cross between the #8404 Public Transport Center and the #60026 Town Square that is out now?
    I see the box art behind it, apparently has another red scooter and also the little mechanics shop/ gas station seen behind it too
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,104
    I think the tram looks good but am a bit disappointed it has the same orange color scheme as the Horizon Express.
  • timttimt Member Posts: 33
    Awesome, another articulated tram! Would have loved to get a peek at the LEGO store in the set though.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,379
    edited January 2015

Interesting, so it would appear this set will be a cross between the #8404 Public Transport Center and the #60026 Town Square that is out now?

When I saw the set at London Toy Fair that was exactly my thought.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,246
    Shown on a printed ground design but I hope it is designed for LEGO track. I like the way it looks for a tram and wouldn't mind motorizing one for my layout.
    TK2012WSW
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,344
    edited January 2015
    Seeing pics pop up on facebook. It looks nice but a tad smaller than I expected...still need a closer look at the Lego store.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,379
    graphite said:

Shown on a printed ground design but I hope it is designed for LEGO track. I like the way it looks for a tram and wouldn't mind motorizing one for my layout.

I asked the LEGO rep whether the tram would run on standard track but they didn't know; the gauge looked about right, though.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    @drdavewatford‌ - I have to say I was surprised at how ill prepared many of the staff on hand seemed. I would expect them to at least spend an hour or so looking at the sets they are looking after, but it seemed like most of them were seeing them for the first time like we were.

I almost let it go when one staff member explained that some of the Super Heroes minifigures included alternate torsos with different printing. Ultimately though it had to be pointed out that the 'alternate designs' were simply renders of the back printing.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    wish they had a road plate with track going trough and the tram had power fuction
    madforLEGO
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 412
    Really bummed to see another helicopter in this set. The Lego PD have more choppers than the armed forces of most countries by now.
    binaryeyeklatu003MrJ_NYAdzbadboyMurstenson
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 245
    The Louvre!!!!!
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    That trawler like looks awesome
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 721
    #70736-1: Attack of the Morro Dragon and #70738-1: Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty
    Both look pretty exciting.

#60097 Town square is underwhelming. @bumblepants made me laugh with the helicopter comment. The buildings are pretty plain jane. I was expecting a more substantial Lego store.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,246
    Louvre looks pretty good but I'm not a fan of the Architecture sets for my collection. That creator Jet looks pretty good. The Technic MB truck looks kind of bland in grey/white. And the wide boat hull in the diver set looks interesting. Wonder if it is flat off the back so you could connect two.
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    I'm reasonably certain that's a TV news helicopter. Also, this might be me just seeing what I want to see, but is the sign on that coffee kiosk The Coffee Chain from The LEGO Movie?
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    Looks like yet another sausage in the "Changing Seasons" set.
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 163
    I really like the Town Square set! Very excited to see it in person. The diving stuff kind of fell flat for me. They didn't really pique my interest like I thought they were going to.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    I only see myself purchasing the Flatrion Building. However the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Technic Crane and the Creator plane also look cool. I really like the Zombie Pigman and sadly the Mystery Machine is covered in stickers :/
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693

Really bummed to see another helicopter in this set. The Lego PD have more choppers than the armed forces of most countries by now.

It's a TV news copter.
  • henrysunsethenrysunset Member Posts: 235
    I already started building the Louvre from the photos. So far, I've only built the glass pyramid, but I have to say that it is convincing looking. I've shared a few photos of the build, with more photos and analysis on my blog. I look forward to building the rest of it in the next couple days!

How I attached the panels using clips and Bar 4L...

The wide and narrow panels.

The finished result!

It's a really satisfying model. Definitely more interesting than the Lincoln Memorial or Flatiron Building! Check back as I build the rest of it.

---tom
    CapnRex101BrickDancerrdflego
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,215
    The arches in the Louvre - I assume these are the castle windows (90195). In the photo some of them appear to have some depth, but I guess this is an illusion?
    Loads more pictures of the Summer sets here, follow links for more pictures: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-at-the-2015-nuremberg-toy-fair/

I'm glad I don't have any interest in the sets, but we all know when official pictures are released our decisions change (I just hope it stays this way)

-LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Scooby Doo were on display but photography was not allowed.

-The boxes for the LEGO Simpsons Minifigures Series 2 (71009) and the LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 14 – Monsters (71010) were displayed. Apparently leaked monsters image leaked a few days ago are not the final products.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,215
    Adzbadboy said:

Apparently leaked monsters image leaked a few days ago are not the final products.

We always knew they were just parts put together in a way that looks about right without many accessories that are needed for the final products. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they are close to the final product.
    Pitfall69
    Ma1234 said:

It's a TV news copter.
    Well I guess that is a little better.
    CCC said:

The arches in the Louvre - I assume these are the castle windows (90195). In the photo some of them appear to have some depth, but I guess this is an illusion?

I am 99% sure it's a new part - 4864 Panel 1 x 2 x 2, but modified with a 1-stud width window in it. I think the set will include 16x of them, since they appear to be doubled up on the sides to give depth.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Some good stuff coming down the pipes soon.

#31039: Thank you TLG for skirting your soft rules and allowing for the infamous F-35 Lightning JSF to be materialized in Lego form. Instant buy for this 'Murican.

Lego Friends: The Popstars sub theme gets the nicest bus and Store front I've seen in a while. I'm sure these will be must-haves for my girl.

The Louvre is a very worthy addition to the Architecture catalog, being the world's premier museum imo. Quite large piece count and 2 distinct objects to be built, similar to Trevi. Definite buy for me.

The Shuttle, good rendition that falls in between the gorgeous #10231 Expedition and the last #3367 City Space Shuttle.

Technic: I usually think to myself, "I wish they would use different colors other than yellow all the time." Then I see the crane built in blue and the first thought was, "That just doesn't look right, it should be yellow."
    AndorPitfall69sidersdd
    I'm back with part 2 of my reverse-engineering the LEGO Louvre, Set # 21024.

This time I've built the courtyard, and in doing so realized that there are some rare parts we get to look forward to, most notably 1x1 and 1x2 tiles in trans-clear which are uncommon and as such cost 0.30$ and 0.20$ respectively on bricklink.

My overall progress includes the left flank of the building as well...

The use of wedges creates an interesting pattern. I think a lot of people will by 3 copies of this set such that they can build the whole 3-sided courtyard.

Annotating some of the parts and main shapes in the Courtyard section of the model.

I'm pretty sure I got the proportions right, and that this annotated photo is correct. (Obviously, the 3x6 wedge might actually be made of two 3x3 wedges.) I think the Pyramid looks great in the context of the overall model and am excited to finish my version of the model, and to see how close it is to the real set when it's released! I prepared a little more analysis at http://tomalphin.com.

---tom

ew027
  • jasonj28jasonj28 Member Posts: 3
    The train is great but the others are meh.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    jasonj28 said:

The train is great but the others are meh.

What train? Did I miss something?

Bumblepants
    @BrickDancer the F-35 is a must buy for me too. They did have Sonic Boom, which I missed out on. That was obviously a fighter jet.
    I had Sonic Boom #5892 too, it was based on the French Rafale fighter jet. It was a nice build and final piece. There was also Fast Flyers #4953 based on the F14 Tomcat, which was an okay build but was certainly cheap at $20 RRP.

I had Sonic Boom #5892 too, it was based on the French Rafale fighter jet. It was a nice build and final piece. There was also Fast Flyers #4953 based on the F14 Tomcat, which was an okay build but was certainly cheap at $20 RRP.

Which makes me think that Lego can release planes like this. As long as the colors are different and have no weaponry. I would love an F-14 Tomcat in "Sonic Boom" scale with moving wings. The US retired the Tomcat back in 2006, but I think they are still in service in other countries.

I had Sonic Boom #5892 too, it was based on the French Rafale fighter jet.

I was thinking that maybe that jet wasn't being produced anymore, but it is. I was thinking a Tomcat could have a better chance of being produced, but then it dawned on me that Hasbro may have a problem with that seeing the G.I. Joe Skystriker is based off the F-14.

Can you imagine a C-130 Hercules in Lego form?
    I have Fast Flyers which is what Sonic Boom is based on. It's a shame the wings don't turn in the newer LEGO Creator plane models.
    ^The Sonic Boom inspired jet (Rafale) doesn't have variable-sweep wings. It's the front canards that give away the supposed identity of Sonic Boom.

There historically haven't been that many jets to even use the VSW mechanism.

US F-14 Tomcat
    US F-111 Aardvark
    US B-1 Lancer (Bomber)
    EU Tornado
    Russian MiG-23
    Russian MiG-27
    Russian Su-17
    Russian Su-22
    Russian Tu-22M (Bomber)
    Russian Tu-160 (Bomber)
    Lego can do a Blue Angels inspired F/A-18 Hornet or a Thunderbirds inspired F-16 Fighting Falcon. There are no guns or missles on these planes. Lego can mess with the colors and maybe modify the design slightly.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Sorry for asking a dumb question but is it a lego rule to not create realistic war vehicles?
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    You know, I've always liked the City theme, but it's selection if sets the past few years has been pretty bland. Glad to see something other than police and fire headquarters!
    @Pitfall69 yes a Blue Angel would be a perfect choice! Iconic enough for the masses with a 'friendly' public persona when doing acrobats and not strafing runs.

What I'm itching for but not plausible is an F-117 Nighthawk. They sorta gave us a B-2 Stealthbomber wanna-be in the IJ Flying Wing set, which was close but no cigar.
    edited January 2015
    @BrickDancer - I would prefer a Red Arrow, being from the UK. I might well buy nine so I could assemble the entire squadron if such a set were to be released!
    Pitfall69
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Chubbles said:

Sorry for asking a dumb question but is it a lego rule to not create realistic war vehicles?

Not a dumb question...yes, Lego has stated they will not create a modern war related set (so, Sopwith Camel and the like do not break this rule).
    Chubbles

@BrickDancer - I would prefer a Red Arrow, being from the UK. I might well buy nine if such a set were to be released!

Of course I am just mentioning the US, but there are many countries that have demonstration aircraft that do shows and what not :)

^ Absolutely. It could perhaps be like the Ideas Birds with three models from separate parts of the world. A Blue Angel, a Red Arrow and a Patrouille de France, all in a similar scale to the Creator jets and priced at £100/$120.

Now all LEGO need to do is design the models and we'll be good to go :)
    BrickDancerPitfall69Adzbadboy
    edited January 2015
    @Pitfall69 I like the C-130 Hercules too, but prefer the AC-130 Spectre configuration of it even better =) I think this would be a good choice for Lego because it can be made into civilian form as an airlift transporter while the shapes of it is simple enough to pull off if based on the Dreamliner #10177.

And a mixed offering of international jets would be a great idea. Unfortunately the good stuff from Russia would be excluded at this time.
    ^I used to build model planes as a youth. My grandfather was a side/tailgunner and navigator during WWII. He did 6 missions and flew in several different types of bombers. Here is his plane with an undetonated bomb stuck in the left wing. The bombers flew in close formation; apparently they flew too close.
    BumblepantsBrickDancer
    ^Same here, I was a Testors fan. My fave was the Black Vandy "Playboy" F-14's.

It's amazing how much of a beating the old bombers can take and still keep flying. And I never understood the advantage of close formation versus risk. Just seems counter-intuitive when flying over hostile territory with major AA defenses.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    edited February 2015
    ^ I believe that was done more for fighter protection as well as to increase drop accuracy (or rather to compensate for the lack thereof).

I'm not quite sure how we got from 2015 city set to WW2 bomber formation strategy ...
    ^How did we get on The Louvre? I think that is what happens in any thread. Maybe @CapnRex101 can create a new thread for the #31039 F-35 Lightning?
    A closer look at the Town Square: