Retiring Products at ToyR US

My local Toys r us have a bunch of Y Wings, Rancor Pit and some others... should I buy these or let them be?

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    Are they on sale for at least 50% off?
  • bethemonkeybethemonkey Member Posts: 16
    Nope.. that's why I walked away.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    Were they on sale at all?
  • bethemonkeybethemonkey Member Posts: 16
    Nope.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Ive got a stack of both and I think they will move eventually. Remember if you have a TRU Master Card, you can get 10% off on Thursday. This version of the Y-wing is not my favorite but I dont think we will see it again for a while with a new movie coming out and new crop of vehicles to make into Lego sets. The Rancor is unique and not likely to be made again in the near future so I'd stock up on that one first if you have a an empty closet and some extra dough.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Saw Silver Mine Shootouts for $50. Almost worth it for that price to get good dark tan and tan parts.
  • oansunoansun Member Posts: 87
    Plural? Boy, I'd like to find a TRU with them at that price.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    They had 6. North Olmsted, Ohio, tru.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    prevere said:

Saw Silver Mine Shootouts for $50. Almost worth it for that price to get good dark tan and tan parts.

That is not bad at all. I know there is one TRU by me that had pretty much every TLR set in stock, but wanted an obnoxious price for each (which is why they are likely still there)
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    @prevere That's only about 45 min from me. I saw a several at mine a few weeks ago but I think they were still 69.99. Not a bad prices for pieces.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    TRU has a 20% off clearance coupon. It was sent via email to their TRU members and I think it ends tomorrow.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ You can get it from their website (the one ending tonight), along with the one that starts from tomorrow through 1/31.
    kor said:

@prevere That's only about 45 min from me. I saw a several at mine a few weeks ago but I think they were still 69.99. Not a bad prices for pieces.

I agree. I had already bought a few via Yoyo deals awhile back so I passed.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    edited January 2015
    I found an UCS B-wing from TRU -25% sale a month ago. Decided to pick an UCS R2-D2 instead of it. I wasn´t going to buy the R2 but when it was on -25% sale I chose to take it and now Ì´m happy with it. It´s my 3rd best lego after the DS and the SSD,
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Has anyone seen The LEGO Movie Rescue Reinforcements in store lately?
  • ElkkthunderElkkthunder Member Posts: 47
    Nope
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    TrU price matches, and there are plenty of places where it's listed for cheaper.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 359
    Except it is sold out now, so getting a price match will rely on an employee that isn't a stickler. My TRU manager won't match if it shows sold out online.
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    That stinks. I just went down and bought one matching shop.lego with my $5 reward for $43. Besides. Sold out online doesn't mean sold out in stores. My local LEGO store still has a couple.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 359
    ^that was my thought too, but I stopped into my local Lego store today and they were all gone. [email protected] has changed to call for availability, so maybe one last shot at them. Unfortunately I was at TRU today, so it doesn't help me any with potential price matching.
  • oansunoansun Member Posts: 87
    just2good said:

Has anyone seen The LEGO Movie Rescue Reinforcements in store lately?

yes
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 530
    edited January 2015
    Never thought to ask the forum if they have seen a set in the wild. Great idea!

Has anyone seen #60062 Arctic Icebreaker in a TRU store recently? If so, where? They are out online and in my local store, but if there is a store somewhere that still has them I could have one shipped locally. I could order from [email protected] but I have a $50 TRU gift card burning a hole in my pocket. It's a pricey set for what you get ( I know the ship hull adds to the cost, but still pretty pricey in my book).

Thanks in advance!!

(Quick edit, I am in the states, the midwest to be more precise).
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    eggshen said:

Has anyone seen #60062 Arctic Icebreaker in a TRU store recently?

My local TRU (Champaign, IL) had a couple on the shelf just before Christmas. I'll check after I get off work.
    eggshen said:

Never thought to ask the forum if they have seen a set in the wild. Great idea!

Has anyone seen #60062 Arctic Icebreaker in a TRU store recently? If so, where? They are out online and in my local store, but if there is a store somewhere that still has them I could have one shipped locally. I could order from [email protected] but I have a $50 TRU gift card burning a hole in my pocket. It's a pricey set for what you get ( I know the ship hull adds to the cost, but still pretty pricey in my book).

Thanks in advance!!

(Quick edit, I am in the states, the midwest to be more precise).

I saw one at my local store the other day

• eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 530
    @binaryeye, thanks for the info, I gave them a call but they are out of stock. :-(

@Elkkthunder, whereabouts is your local store located?
    Western New York
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    eggshen said:

@binaryeye, thanks for the info, I gave them a call but they are out of stock. :-(

Yep, I checked and they weren't lying. :)

I did find a Palpatine's Arrest with ripped open box for 50% off, though.