Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF series 14 / Halloween Monsters

Comments

• black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    @CM4S where in Minnesota are you?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    @CM4S where in Minnesota are you?
    Southern. 
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    Los Angeles County area:
    • TRU doesn't have it.
    • One Target has it (in the process of being picked over).
    • Another Target does not have it.

So it is still a crap shoot, but since it's already Sept.1 ( release date), they should be willing to look for in the back and bring it out for customers.

The massaging of the package is surprisingly easy because there are distinct parts for every character (plus the awesome "feelers" guide published here two weeks ago).
  • afireinsideafireinside MichiganMember Posts: 38
    In Michigan we found a dozen on pegs at a Walgreens. Got 1 vampire queen and x2 of the demetor looking specter guys. Im still terrible at feeling apparenrly. I passed on a boy/skeleton i think
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,283
    Each TRU in my area got one case per store.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Called my local Lego Store, they got 4 boxes in yesterday. Need the Banshee and the Wolf Guy to complete the set. 

Then the wait is on for Series 15....  :s
    I opened a fresh case at a local Target. Bought 30 packs. 
    Where in MN? :open_mouth: 
  • FuddruckusFuddruckus Member Posts: 37
    Sold Out on [email protected] USA.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I have not seen them in the wild yet, but a family member did find them at Walgreens for $4.49. Swung by Target tonight, but they only had the Simpsons figs out on the shelves. Still need to pick up Series 2 of those also.

Sooooo behind on my collections.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,691
    Got them a week ago with the Halloween set at the LEGO Store on Michigan Ave. in Chicago. They were the easiest series to feel, as I don't think it took me more than a half hour to find them all. Besides for a few heads and accessories I can't see the need for me to get doubles of any of them.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Sold Out on [email protected] USA.
    I am sure it is one of those "sold out" labels that changes to "out of stock, expected ship date xx/xx/xx".... 
    kiki180703madforLEGO
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    Here in my area of Germany,  I have found all but the Spectre. There is a store close by with three boxes and I have been unable to feel a single blinking Spectre!
    Johnnyfinlandia
  • legoman1234legoman1234 Member Posts: 33
    Anyone knows how much complete series I will get if I buy box with 60 minifigs? Many thanks!
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    3 I think
    Ronyar
    CM4S said:
    Where in MN? 

i found some at Shakopee Target. Other Targets up here have them as well.

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366

Definitely desirable. Target is the chain in my area that has CMFs consistently and while I've noticed most of them getting them in the last day or two, I've never seen one with maybe more than 20 at the most. Usually the new series comes out and there are around 100 to pick through. These ones though are going out almost as fast as they're coming in.

And I've still got 5 to go to complete the set!

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited September 2015
    iccarus said:
    I have not seen them in the wild yet, but a family member did find them at Walgreens for $4.49. Swung by Target tonight, but they only had the Simpsons figs out on the shelves. Still need to pick up Series 2 of those also.

Sooooo behind on my collections.
    Embrace this as a signal that you are satisfied with what you have, and that you don't need them.  Outs like this don't come along often :)  I know Simpsons series 2 really made me weary, and I was really ready to drop out of CMF interest.  Of course, then they go and make all these great monsters, dammit.
    Ronyar
    CM4S said:
    Where in MN? 

That's like 20 minutes away from me, gah. Thank you!
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I've went to a Target in town and they said they didn't have any in the back or out on the floor. They called another Target and I get there (moments after they call) and I can't find them anywhere. And the guy I ask says they are all sold out...umm, no way. So I'd say popular for sure. Not sure why. They have some neat prints and characters, but I can't say they are the best thing to happen to the CMF line.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    This might become the most popular of the 14 CMF series because all of the figures are from the same theme instead of miscellaneous themes. Just a thought, not a prediction.
    I'll see your thought and raise you a prediction.
    Bumblepantsiso3200Rainstorm26Goldchainskiki180703
    CM4S said:
    CM4S said:
    Where in MN? 

That's like 20 minutes away from me, gah. Thank you!
    My local Target has them as well.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    so far,  i haven't able to find any witch,  vampire and the cheerleader

I have 11 out of 16
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    I also am wondering if not all Targets are scheduled to have these or put these out. I have been to several, and I have only seen Simpsons2. I am wondering if there will be a lag, and we will see these hit more at the big box retailers come Oct 1rst.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    My target had about 200 to start. Now less than 20. 
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    tamamahm said:
    I also am wondering if not all Targets are scheduled to have these or put these out. I have been to several, and I have only seen Simpsons2. I am wondering if there will be a lag, and we will see these hit more at the big box retailers come Oct 1rst.
    I can speak from experience and say a lot of Targets were hit with a huge Plano workload because we are transitioning from back to school to Halloween/Christmas sets. I have a salesplanner for the side cap with the Lego mini figures but have not had a chance to do it. Other salesplanners have taken priority. Hope that helps.
    tamamahm
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    Thanks. That is interesting and makes sense!
  • OldSchoolFanOldSchoolFan CA, United StatesMember Posts: 5
    I got the Venus Fly trap last night. Love it, but then thought how good the body would work with Poison Ivy.i
    LegoTT
    Funny, it looks like she's in her pajamas.
    VorpalRyumadforLEGOkiki180703
    edited September 2015
    I think I'll get another Venus Fly Trap and find an extra Ivy head and hair to make this version. I could swap the arms and hands but I like it this way. I just wanted to share my idea. Could use the extra Venus Fly Trap helmet to make her a pet or some thing maybe.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    It's such a weird design for a minifig.  The face doesn't make any sense.  Anyone else ponder that they put a yellow fig face in the plant so that this didnt compete with the brick built plant in Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle?  Or that perhaps the original CMF version had a dark and sinister plant face (teeth or something) and it was dropped at final review?
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    so far,  none of the target near me have it,  Grab it at Lego Store and Toys R Us
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    @Dedgecko, sounds plausible, having that figure with nasty looking teeth would have looked awesome, but wouldn't have been the most child friendly design.
    xiahna
    bsiu922 said:
    so far,  none of the target near me have it,  Grab it at Lego Store and Toys R Us
    I found them at Walgreens and Target.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738

I found them at a Walmart tonight.  Maybe 2 boxes...hard to tell, it was packs stuffed and stacked into a Series 2 Simpsons box.  It was more work searching thru a few packs then it was worth.  I felt like I was playing Jenga constantly.  Grab one pack, 3-4 packs would slide off the pile onto the shelves or the floor.

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,441
    Got the last one I needed for a full set this morning, never bought out a whole series so quick...and happy to have some doubles (of which I might look to pick up a few more)
    VorpalRyuDedgecko
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    @Shib, I know we're looking to pick up a few more gargoyles, zombies (zombie cheer squad anyone?), a couple of the spectres & banshees... Might even grab a few extra skeleton costume guys, he sort of reminds me of the Cobras from the original Karate Kid.
    xiahna
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    Bought my first of this series yesterday: Spider Lady, at the local Walgreens. I didn't think I'd be into this series, but now I see a lot on the list that we'll have to get (my daughter has already claimed the cat girl when I can find her).
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I thought about buying extras of the plant guy to use as Poison Ivy goons, not as Poison Ivy herself. I'd just keep the torso and legs and scrap the headpiece. I'll use that for her lair/throne.
    oldtodd33 said:

Yeah, okay.  You keep thinking that.  I'm putting the Eye of Sauron or another evil looking translucent piece in there as soon as possible.
  • BrewBrew New Mexico (It's an actual state in the US)Member Posts: 182
    If you read the description it says 'if it gets plenty of water and sun it will spit back out its victim after a day or two'. What happens if it doesn't get enough sun or water? Oh, the horror!
    VorpalRyu
  • RemixDesignRemixDesign LondonMember Posts: 22
    I'm in the UK and just bought a full set on eBay. Arrived today and I'm disappointed. Whilst it's clever having a theme series, many are just copies of existing CMFs (Frankenstein, cheerleader etc). Some nice details but nothing amazing. Shame but it doesn't stop me purchasing! 
    @RemixDesign why buy it if you don't like what you see?  
  • RemixDesignRemixDesign LondonMember Posts: 22
    @Dedgecko I have OCD and need to collect all CMF! Bring on Series 15!
    SumoLegokiki180703
    Am I the only one that would rather have a pink-colored head for the Fly Trap?  Or a Lord Business-style faceprint that is some teeth?

I hate that there is another frankenstein, but you can't have a Halloween collection without one.
    PurplorosVorpalRyukiki180703jesirose
    @Dedgecko I have OCD and need to collect all CMF! Bring on Series 15!
    Right there with you.  I'm very worried about the rumoured set of soccer CMF-ish that may only be available in Europe.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    Unless you have Mr. Gold you will never have them all! Mwah hah hah! :)
    SumoLegoVorpalRyu