Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF series 14 / Halloween Monsters

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,830
    That skeleton is very nice. I'm fairly sure the original head is for a ghost / ghoul.
    andhe
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Looks like the vampire chick has a translucent cape in that pic. That will be kinda cool if it is the case. This series will def. be a full case purchase for me.
    andhe
  • burnsiderburnsider Member Posts: 75
    I hope they have some type of haunted house/castle set to go with these.  I missed the last haunted house set and regret it now.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    ^Wishful thinking, but doubtful seeing Scooby-Doo is coming out.
  • burnsiderburnsider Member Posts: 75
    Forgot about those sets. Oh well!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Johnny and crew from the Cobra Kai dojo!

And as @andhe mentioned, it'll be good for a Call of Duty MW2 moc of Simon 'Ghost' Riley.
    pharmjodReesesPieces
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    edited June 2015

despite legs now getting prints on all sides, dresses are still only printed on the front :(

though I find it weird that the full skeletal legs are only visible from the side and not the front.

• donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 762
    I think that this could be the first CMF series I attempt to complete since series 2.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,170
    andhe said:

via http://www.hothbricks.com/

The skeleton is looking different and a whole lot better than the leaked pics. Perhaps the face was from a different fig. Can see this head being sort after by military MOCers. Nice pumpkin print on that bucket as well.

....A few more 'skeletons' and you can do the Karate kid scene
    BrickDancerCrownieprevere
    ^Yes, @BrickDancer mentioned that already ;)
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Yes, @BrickDancer mentioned that already ;)
    Yeah, missed that :-(
    Pitfall69
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Very excited for Grim Reaper figure... and Billy and Mandy might follow
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    This is probably the only series I'll try to complete. They'd look amazing around my Haunted House :D
    Ronyar
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    When do we expect these to come out? September or October?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,491
    edited June 2015
    tamamahm said:
    'Octobre'... Which usually means we'll see them on shelves in Septembre.
    dannyrwwmadforLEGOAdeelZubairJern92
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    andhe said:
    tamamahm said:
    'Octobre'... Which usually means we'll see them on shelves in Septembre.
    Oh sheesh! Before I posted I skimmed that entire French article for any sign of the month and did not see anything....I read your post and was wondering how I missed 'Octobre' in there, so I skimmed it again not seeing it. Only then did I finally notice the HUGE freaking red banner across the picture!!
    andhe
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    andhe said:

via http://www.hothbricks.com/

The skeleton is looking different and a whole lot better than the leaked pics. Perhaps the face was from a different fig. Can see this head being sort after by military MOCers. Nice pumpkin print on that bucket as well.

....A few more 'skeletons' and you can do the Karate kid scene
    From the box art preview, it looks like every package comes with a yellowish/gold fig. Mr. Gold for everyone!
  • frog4gatorsfrog4gators Member Posts: 21
    I love Halloween. Looking forward to this series. Not sure of the point of only one Monster rocker.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I love Halloween. Looking forward to this series. Not sure of the point of only one Monster rocker.
    The vampire started dating Yoko Ono and the band broke up. Frank's a solo act now (he was the real talent anyways).
    andheBumblepantsToc13gmonkey76
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ He's got an unplugged album, but he's best live.
    dannyrwwandheBumblepantsGalactusDanGPRainstorm26chuckp
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    If he was flesh colored he would look like Meatloaf from Rockies Horror Picture Show.
    dannyrww
    I love Helloween!!!
  • karmajaykarmajay NCMember Posts: 48
    I've never collected a full CMF set but this will be the first!
    dannyrwwCrownie
    Ive been trying to move away from the CMFs but then they make one with a decent set of figures. I try not to be a completion-ist with LEGO, but the CMFs are somewhat easy to find a set for as well as spares so as much as I loath the 3.99 USD price on them Ill likely buy them when they appear in the stores.
    CircleK
    never seen them in stores. I would say some CMFs are good, but they seem to do a lazy job on many of them, when you see minifigs in other themes can get arm printings or side printings on legs, but most CMFs can't even have a printed back...
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Ive been trying to move away from the CMFs but then they make one with a decent set of figures. I try not to be a completion-ist with LEGO, but the CMFs are somewhat easy to find a set for as well as spares so as much as I loath the 3.99 USD price on them Ill likely buy them when they appear in the stores.
    I could have written this. I was swearing I was done, but the HH and Classic Monsters from the CMF line were what got me into Lego in the first place. An entire theme of Halloween inspired figs is right up my alley. I will most likely buy 2 complete sets of this series which will be a first. I will try to quit with the next series.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    CircleK said: I will try to quit with the next series.
    This is the truest thing said on here in a while. CMF can be like a drug.
    klatu003yys4u
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,287
    The Tumbler is the LAST set I'm buying... the Hulkbuster set is last set... the Detective Office is it!

The Helicarrier , along with the Simpsons Series 2. That's when I'm quitting.

Kwik-E Mart and the Ferris Wheel are the end, for real!

Who am I kidding?!? When are they making a Golden Gate Bridge?

VorpalRyuTXLegoguy77ncaachampsbrickupdate
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    pharmjod said:
    CircleK said: I will try to quit with the next series.
    This is the truest thing said on here in a while. CMF can be like a drug.
    Yep and unfortunately for my wallet - it was a gateway drug. I'm hooked on the much more expensive stuff now.
    klatu003
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited June 2015
    I do find it telling though that I have zero interest in Simpsons V2, so I am able to quit when there's just nothing there. All bets are off with these Halloween ones, so we'll just have to see what happens with the next set. I wonder if it's time we'll see CMFs with the Marvel chars, DC chars, LOTR chars, etc. We already know they won't do one with the Star Wars chars though.
    SumoLegomldj77
    I suppose it's a good thing, there are already a billion different star wars figs.
    SumoLego
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    I love Halloween - it's my favorite holiday. I also love LEGO. Oh and I love the fall season. Sooooooo I really can't wait for this series to become available. Front and center with my HH I tell ya.
    RonyarCrownieMordoor
    A CMF Series of Star Wars figures would interesting. Who would make the cut to the sixteen?
    VorpalRyu77ncaachamps
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    ^ I think it would be too difficult to decide amongst 100's of options.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    ^ You would get at least 10 Hoth Hans to a case.
    Pitfall69BumblepantsRonyarSumoLegoVorpalRyupreverekhmellymelRainstorm26
    Original Trilogy: Darth Vader Luke Skywalker Han Solo Chewbacca Princess Leia Obi Wan Kenobi Boba Fett C-3PO R2-D2 Emperor Palpatine Stormtrooper Biggs Darklighter Wedge Antilles Tusken Raider Tie Fighter Pilot Lando If there was not any Star Wars Minifigures...
    TXLegoguy
    @CapnRex101 - Should probably move @Pitfall69's complete derailment of this topic to a new thread. (I did inadvertently start the derailment and will happily continue it below...)

The Theoretical Star Wars CMF Sixteen:

Darth Vader, Emperor, Stormtrooper, Tusken Raider, Boba Fett

One-Handed Luke, Leia, Han-Shoots-First Solo, Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO, Lando, Wicket, Yoda, Old Obi-Wan, Admiral Ackbar

I think I already smell a CMF Series 2...

TXLegoguy
    Theoretical SW Series 2:

Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Darth Sideous, Jango Fett, Youngling-Murdering Anakin Skywalker, Poggle the Lesser, Grevious.

Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Queen Amidala, Young Obi-Wan, Clone Trooper, Yoda, Ki-Adi Mundi

Watto and Jar-Jar.

TXLegoguy
    Pretty sure LEGO cannot make a CMF Star Wars 'set' as those would be considered 'action figures' which is Hasbro's territory. It is the same reason why I the licensed magnet sets are now all glued to a base I believe, or LEGO would have likely done one many moons ago
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    If they ever do a SW CMF line, they better do 4-LOM & Zuckuss... The only two bounty hunters in Empire without a minifig!

& I can quit any time I want, I'm not addicted, I just don't want to just yet... :wink:
    xiahna
  • GreenArrow57GreenArrow57 GBMember Posts: 71
    Jern92 said:
    This is probably the only series I'll try to complete. They'd look amazing around my Haunted House :D
    My Thoughts exactly!
    ^^ that's probably what Lego want you to think. They could easily put 16 popular minifigs into four cheap battle packs but don't. Just like Vader has only been in expensive sets recently. Why? Commercial reasons are number one.
    madforLEGO
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    Blue Snaggletooth
  • Mandz27Mandz27 ScotlandMember Posts: 38
    Might just Break out the haunted house for Halloween this year...
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Not too sure about this set, there isn't one that jumps out at me to buy.   I do like, however, the side print they are doing.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,025
    Pretty sure LEGO cannot make a CMF Star Wars 'set' as those would be considered 'action figures' which is Hasbro's territory. It is the same reason why I the licensed magnet sets are now all glued to a base I believe, or LEGO would have likely done one many moons ago
    This is what I've always heard and thought but how are the minifigs any different than those new buildible star wars figures that are being released soon?  Minfigs come in parts and need to be built out of the bag as well.

Also, if they were to make a Star Wars cmf, I would prefer he most obsecure characters that are not easily assessible.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    I know they hit some of them already but why can't they do a SEASONAL cmf series?

Already covered in the CMFs:
    Leprechaun
    Santa
    Abraham Lincoln
    Bunny Suit
    Gingerbread man
    Holiday elf
    Taco Tuesday guy
    Halloween 

Can be covered:
    New Year's reveler
    Groundhog
    Cupid
    Chinese Dragon dancer guy/girl
    George Washington
    April Fool's Day prankster
    (Different) Mariachi performer
    Uncle Sam
    Bastille celebrant
    Christopher Columbus
    Diwali celebrant
    Pilgrim
    Person in a Turkey Suit

I know I'm missing some...
    I know they hit some of them already but why can't they do a SEASONAL cmf series?

Can be covered:
    New Year's reveler
    Groundhog
    Cupid
    Chinese Dragon dancer guy/girl
    George Washington
    April Fool's Day prankster
    (Different) Mariachi performer
    Uncle Sam
    Bastille celebrant
    Christopher Columbus
    Diwali celebrant
    Pilgrim
    Person in a Turkey Suit
    I'm guessing as most of them are either American or religious.
    BACbrixPitfall69
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    They have done plenty that are American (probably because it is a big market)....they have done a revolutionary soldier that looks and awful lot like George Washington.