Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

NYCC

ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
edited June 2012 in Community and Events
is anyone planing on going to the NYCC convention? is there anybody out who is, willing to obtain a Green Lantern minifig for me? They are supposed to be handing out GL, Batman, and the new Superman. for free. Green Lantern is my favorite comic book character and I was pretty disappointed to find out he wasn't included in the first wave of DC sets.

Comments

• legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    I'll be there.
    Didn't know they're giving them out. Is it through DC or has Lego set up something at the show?
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    looks like it will be the DC booth. here is the link http://www.fbtb.net/2011/10/12/superman-minifig-unveiled/

if we could come to some arrangement i'd be a very happy camper.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    I have a booth so I'll be busy most of the weekend on commissions...but I'll try (can't promise though). I checked yesterday at the DC Booth and they'll have figures but at different times of the day to give away.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    I've asked about 5 of my friends that are going if the could pick me up a few of these. Hopefully at least 1 of them come through
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I'm interested in a Superman if anyone is able to obtain one and willing to part with it at a reasonable cost. I already have Green Lantern and Batman from the SDCC. Thanks.
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    @legodad, not expecting anything....that way if you do come through it will be a nice surprise.
  • FizzlemesexyFizzlemesexy Member Posts: 123
    edited October 2011
    Superman was not given out today. They didn't find the box/know about it. Managed to get Batman and Green Lantern. Didn't know that GL's has a double sided face. Hopefully supes flies in tomorrow.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ How were the lines? Were you able to get the figs in a decent amount of time? Just curious if the NYCC is as crazy as the SDCC.
    edited October 2011
    The figures were gone 30 minutes after the con started on Friday. I ran in stopped there first- short line. Nice people.

Saturday went there first. There was one long line but not a long wait. This time they had many more figures anticipating the rush, but I think they still ran out in 40 minutes. New people giving them out this time had an attitude. Randomly received one. Everyone wanted a superman, but they refused to look for people. Friend got supes and we checked out superman's double sided head. Doubt they will hand one out tomorrow as they didn't have superman the first two days. People tried hard to trade for one too. One guy was saying he would trade bat + GL for a supes but didn't look like he had any takers. Looking at the ebay now and debating what to do.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I still have an extra SDCC Batman if anyone would like to trade for a super man?
    Didn't make it to the Con today, but my friend who went in early said there was NO Superman. They only handed him out Saturday and barely anyone was lucky to get one.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 655
    Yeah, barely any Supermans at all. Had to have been extremely short-packed. A friend of mine got one but I couldn't negotiate her for it.

Really lame. I went to the DC booth multiple times for the giveaways and ended up with not a single Superman. The people working there were usually completely clueless or had a real bad attitude... especially the one who oversaw the giveaway who looked like Mark Zuckerberg.
  • indy1973indy1973 Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2011
    Offhand, I would think that Green Lantern would be worth the most, since he might not be released. Black-Suit-Batman should be second, since his set will cost $50, but Supes will be on the shelf in ten weeks for $20 with Wonder Woman.

Also, if the final Superman has printed boots, then this Comic-Con version may not be in demand...
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    I hope there IS a Green Lantern set, as he is my favorite hero!!! That was the one I was looking forward to the most for the DC Lego sets.

I did get two of the minifigs of GL so I am happy with that, but I had NO IDEA they were handing out Superman! Now my quest to find him has started!!