Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    "Super hard to find I am told a select few snap on tool dealers got these from a show in Florida for dealers only that featured a lego snap on interaction"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-RARE-SNAP-ON-TOOLS-KRL7022-LEGO-TOOL-BOX-PROFESSIONAL-SET-free-ins-ship-/181621387402?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item2a497a708a
  • Gray_FoxGray_Fox Member Posts: 6
    It is a Lego model of a Snap-On brand tool chest. I think it's kind of cool, coming from someone who owns a Snap-On tool chest. I had no idea this set existed. Thanks for posting!
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,452
    Looks like he wants a Snap-On price for it too.
    gmonkey76MugenPowerGothamConstructionComadforLEGOkiki180703
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 253
    The set number is just the model number of the Snap-On tool chest you get to build. This set appears to be a custom set made by a Lego Certified Professional, which appears to be some kind of third party not directly affiliated with Lego. I'm not sure what the LCP program allows but essentially this is a fan-made set in nice packaging.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Ah, that all makes sense. I live in Florida, wish I would have went to that convention. The packaging really is fantastic!
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 68
    I have to say that's pretty neat homebrew.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,546
    It's an Adam Reed Tucker design apparently.

LCPs are allowed to make sets like this to sell, up to a maximum of 500 of any one design.
    pharmjodjust2goodRealmwatcherkiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,261
    ^Will it include a new Hairy Fairy minifigure variant holding a Double Decker to entice all the mini figure collectors? ;-)
    obi_gMojoestLostInTranslationcarlqmessykiki180703Lego_Star
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I'm some what surprised that they're allowed to look so much like an official LEGO set. I could easily see LEGO rescinding this at any moment.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,887
    Double Decker... nice. I assume you are referring to the candy bar? My wife fell in love with those when she was in England for a college class.
    @pharmjod‌ - it was part of a booby prize mystery box in last years Fairy Bricks raffle. A double decker chocolate bar and a couple of tea bags if I remember correctly.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Yeah, we need a 1x2 double decker plate and 2 round 1x1 tea bag plates.

Could sell them in little packs for fairy bricks for the true connoisseur.
    carlqMinifigsMemessysnowhitiekiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,215

Real tea comes in square bags. Not fancy round or pyramid shapes :-)
    carlqkiki180703
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    CCC said:

Real tea comes in square bags. Not fancy round or pyramid shapes :-)
    {pompous voice activated} I beg to differ, @CCC. Real tea comes in compressed, decorative tablets, and was used as currency in China centuries ago (the large tablets had "cut-along-the-dotted-line" divisions on the back so the bearer could make "small change"). {end pompous voice, back to nasal, whiny normal voice}

And people say you can't learn anything useful from the Discovery Channel.
    beemokiki180703
    Can i be a smart arse and say real tea comes in a mug?
    carlqplasmodiumgmonkey76kiki180703SprinkleOtter
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Shib said:

Can i be a smart arse and say real tea comes in a mug?

I think you just did, @Shib. :-P
    Shibkiki180703
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Some might argue "real" tea comes loose leaf. ;)
    CapnRex101carlqkiki180703AllBrick
    edited January 2015
    No, this is real tea.
    kiki180703
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844

I suspect Kev might be making a request to us soon!
    carlqtheLEGOmanalexwilmessykiki180703
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    Shib said:

@pharmjod‌ - it was part of a booby prize mystery box in last years Fairy Bricks raffle. A double decker chocolate bar and a couple of tea bags if I remember correctly.

Thanks @Shib for the painful reminder, how I laugh about that now, was great entertainment though.

Would love one of the tool box sets though, could put in on the real one at work :)

edited January 2015
    Just out of curiosity, I checked the price of a KRL7022, it's only $7435.00. Much worse than I thought. So $300 doesn't sound so bad.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,546

I'm some what surprised that they're allowed to look so much like an official LEGO set. I could easily see LEGO rescinding this at any moment.

There are guidelines and I'm surprised to see the LEGO logo so prominent on it, too.

The Reefscape ones that Bright Bricks produce doesn't have a logo on the front, just a small LCP logo on the side.

• clickdastardlyclickdastardly United StatesMember Posts: 14
    Someone in our Lego group put it together. There is even one sawed off piece (a cut plate) included as part of the build. Kind of funny to me.
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 86
    Oi LEGO!! Bring back Design byME Please! PLEASE!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Design_byME see the cute customed designed set with the crude CG custom picture on the box?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:LEGO_Design_By_Me.jpg
    How AWESOME is that???
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,215
    ^ Rather expensive though.
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    Having had chance to have a look at it on a PC and not just on my phone, the best parts are the box and the little Snap-on sticker. The build itself is awful. Why use plates on the side panel and have all those nasty lines. But it has reminded me that I was supposed to be doing a moc of my workplace and I haven't even started yet.
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    I've heard of Certified Professionals before but I've never seen anything done like this before. Are there other similar sets? I know you can find a lot of sets people make and sell on different sites (BL being one of them) but are there other quality boxed sets similar to this?
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    http://york.craigslist.org/tls/5378436255.html found this, the guy has 3 of them for $250 a piece
  • jpsiroisjpsirois Quebec, CanadaMember Posts: 9
    edited February 2016
    Here you can find couple of other sets designed by LEGO Certified Professionals : http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/another-certified-lego-professional-found-stam-with-downloadable-instructions/