Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

(Northern Ireland) Hello

TommyFTommyF northern irelandMember Posts: 29
Yelu everybody

I'm an AFOL from Northern Ireland
Got out of Lego when I hit 16-18
Sold up everything
Got a bit older and wiser (debatable) and started purchasing again over the past 5 or so years - ever buying back some of the stuff I had before.....
Sitting here at 32 now............

Yeah and now the cupboard is bursting again, so need another clear out to maybe purchase some more - but be a little bit more picky this time

Don't know what else to say, except - hope I have put this in the right place
LegoKip

Comments

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,269
    Welcome to the site! Plenty of people describe buying up loads of sets when they first return to the hobby before becoming more selective over time.

Have you found that any themes that particulary appeal?
  • TommyFTommyF northern irelandMember Posts: 29
    I still go for the Technic Construction Vehicles - try to stick to the larger flagship ones.
    I have the large Ferrari racer f1 cars, VW Camper van, VW Beetle, Imperial Flagship, Mini Cooper, Maersk Ship, etc
    Basically the nicer looking larger models that make good display pieces.

I have collected up different castle sets, again trying to stick to the larger ones to save me buying everything.

And I have a randomn collection of Technic pieces, some trains, LOTR/Hobbit, that I need to move on. I even have some sluban & oxford war typey stuff that needs to go too.

Any good trying to sell through here, or just stick to ebay?

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,749
    Hi from Belfast! I was just about to make my introduction post and was wondering if there was anyone else from NI here! (Not really surprised, though - Lego job lots go so fast at car boot sales round here that I always thought there must be more of us!)
    TommyF
  • DfenzDfenz IrelandMember Posts: 41
    Don't forget to check out brick.ie if you haven't already. We have members from all over Ireland lurking in the forums . While we primarily exhibit MOCs in Leinster we exhibited last year in Titanic Belfast and have some smaller regional exhibits planned
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 540
    Welcome, I'm in NI too, although I did migrate from England. :)